Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah/Obama Stadium

Oprah/Obama Stadium

Could/Should we fly the blimp over it? Anyone know when it takes place?
    Ron Paul's heart is made out of gold. This greatly upsets the Federal Reserve.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Posting privileges under review

It would probably piss off the Obama people, and we have no need to do that at this point. It's their day in the sun; let's not blot out the sun with our blimp!

Why worry about pissing off Obama fans? Let's say Barack loses to Hillary and Ron runs 3rd party or actually gets the GOP nod. We could pick up huge numbers of Obama's people, who tend to be very young and anti-war.

What a fantastic idea to get REPUBLICAN support!

I wonder sometimes if too many Republicans don't see Paul as more against the Republican party than the Democratic party.

I realize it's because right now he is campaigning against Republican candidates, but what a great way to build support party-wide for Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by InRonWeTrust View Post
    Why worry about pissing off Obama fans? Let's say Barack loses to Hillary and Ron runs 3rd party or actually gets the GOP nod. We could pick up huge numbers of Obama's people, who tend to be very young and anti-war.
    WTF? We need supporters NOW in the PRIMARY!

Crash every party and media event. We crash Guliani's events with great success, why not O-bomb-a?
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)

It would probably piss off the Obama people, and we have no need to do that at this point. It's their day in the sun; let's not blot out the sun with our blimp!
    you are very nice, like Ron Paul, and we should all remember to be so considerate

+1

so anyone know when that event is?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaz View Post
    Could/Should we fly the blimp over it? Anyone know when it takes place?
    No. This is a surefire way to generate negative press and alienate the people on the ground who could be converted to Ron Paul. This would be negative campaigning and is (with no personal insult meant to anyone here) a childish tactic.

This is the kind of aggressive policy which would result in "blowback". Let's keep it positive. We have the best candidate and we need to use thoughtful means to get that message across.

I do not think we should plan, and should stop considering, this sort of tactic. Should the Blimp happen to be overhead or transit while another candidate is campaigning, so be it. The route should not be altered for their consideration... we have rights too.

But, no planned incursions... and no planned "coincidences".
    Again, with not insult meant to anyone.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 12-08-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    No. This is a surefire way to generate negative press and alienate the people on the ground who could be converted to Ron Paul. This would be negative campaigning and is (with no personal insult meant to anyone here) a childish tactic.

This is the kind of aggressive policy which would result in "blowback". Let's keep it positive. We have the best candidate and we need to use thoughtful means to get that message across.

I do not think we should plan, and should stop considering, this sort of tactic. Should the Blimp happen to be overhead or transit while another candidate is campaigning, so be it. The route should not be altered for their consideration... we have rights too.

Flying a blimp over is not negative attack campaigning. You exaggerating the negatives with Obama fans and underestimating the positives with the conservative talk radio types.

Win the Republican nomination by going out of our way not to offend Democrats? Thats nonsensical.

Posting privileges under review

I would rather see the Blimp over Romney, Giuliniani and Hillary's events!

The ultimate coup would be to hover the Blimp right over an outdoor event featuring Rudy, so it blocked out the sun and Rudy was literally in the shodows of Ron's Blimp!

Quote Originally Posted by austin356 View Post
    Flying a blimp over is not negative attack campaigning. You exaggerating the negatives with Obama fans and underestimating the positives with the conservative talk radio types.

Win the Republican nomination by going out of our way not to offend Democrats? Thats nonsensical.
    Try looking at it this way... picture yourself at a Ron Paul rally... then overhead appears a Hillary Clinton Blimp. Then, you follow Ron Paul up the road to another RP rally... again, the Hillary Blimp appears overhead.

What would be your reaction? How would the media report it?

Try looking at it this way... picture yourself at a Ron Paul rally... then overhead appears a Hillary Clinton Blimp. Then, you follow Ron Paul up the road to another RP rally... again, the Hillary Blimp appears overhead.

What would be your reaction? How would the media report it?

See what you are saying, but still think the benefits with the Republican partisans outweighs the negatives you described.
    Last edited by austin356; 12-08-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by austin356 View Post
    See what you are saying, but still think the benefits with the Republican partisans outweighs the negatives you described.
    Thanks for the honest and polite response.

Thanks for the honest and polite response.

Tryin' to be a little nicer around here Have stirred up a little too much animosity over the last few months.

I think you lose the Obama people in the stadium, but if they're so devoted as to go to an Obama gathering there do you think they're convertible?

Also, we get lots of brownie points with conservatives who hate Dems (helps Ron seem less Dem friendly) - I'd worry less about picking up Dems right now and more about getting Reps to vote for Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LIBERTY ONE BLIMP ECLIPSE, it blocks out the sun over other candidates. LOL

I'll tell you one thing.. getting the word out to Obama supporters is very good. Many of them will still support Obama, but they'll spread the word about Ron. I was once an Obama supporter until I heard about Ron... what unites most Obama supporters is they want CHANGE in government, and an end to war. They also would like cheaper health care -- which I believe Ron can assist in.

I still like Obama and would love for him to get the Dem ticket, but Ron needs the support way more than he does.

They might honestly cheer for the blimp. I'm sure some Obama supporters have positive feelings for Ron.

I have vocally opposed rude tactics, but I don't think this crosses the line.

Is this the only sane guy in this forum? Going around annoying the crap out of the supporters of other campaigns is not the way to win.

Yes, you need to convince them that Ron Paul is the better candidate, but flying a blimp over their show, will just piss them off, and its not easy to convince someone that they are wrong when they are pissed at you.

I would rather see the Blimp over Romney, Giuliniani and Hillary's events!

The ultimate coup would be to hover the Blimp right over an outdoor event featuring Rudy, so it blocked out the sun and Rudy was literally in the shodows of Ron's Blimp!
    QFT

I agree Obama has some sincere grassroots going on, and I remember his 2004 speech it was good, leave him alone until he gets the democratic nom.

But have no mercy on everybody else

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tarzan

Is this the only sane guy in this forum? Going around annoying the crap out of the supporters of other campaigns is not the way to win.

Yes, you need to convince them that Ron Paul is the better candidate, but flying a blimp over their show, will just piss them off, and its not easy to convince someone that they are wrong when they are pissed at you.
    1) I didn't say hover in the middle of the arena and crash the event.

2) Many people there are just to see Oprah or because it's a big event.

3) I slightly liked Obama before learning about Ron Paul.

4) Just flying over slowly on the way to go somewhere else does not generate hatred or anything else.

5) The only thing childish is your post, Tarzan.

How about if the blimp towed a big banner that said, "Obama .... BETTER THAN HILLARY!"

I think that's a great idea if the blimp is nearby.
    I wouldn't worry about pissing off obama supporters.
    people go to rallies of other candidates to show support for theirs and it's not considered an offense. plus, the blimp is about media coverage, not getting the support of obama democrats(not until we've won the primaries).

if there were a large romney event e.g. it would be even better, but well...romney doesn't have any big events

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by apc3161 View Post
    how is this annoying the crap out of supporters of other campaigns?
    we'd just show presence, not disturb their event.

Yea no one said park the thing on obama's podium. Just fly over quietly.

Hillary and Obama have their own big guns in Bill Clinton and Oprah out on the campaign trail I say blimpin them is fair game. But, I'd rather it spend most of it's time near large crowds like at Ron Paul rallies or football games!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    How about if the blimp towed a big banner that said, "Obama .... BETTER THAN HILLARY!"
    Now THAT is the way to do it!!!!!! It does not come across 'negative', in fact it is supportive of Obama... yet, it STILL gets the name and message of Ron Paul into the faces of Obama supporters and instead of being angry, they think "Hey! Isn't that a REPUBLICAN candidate? How nice of him to support Obama instead of Hillary?! I might have to look into this nice fellow..."

Shoot, even Obama will be forced to acknowledge the blimp and say something like 'Look, even our republican friends support us!' to his crowd of supporters (all the while he will be fuming underneath yet unable to show his anger because of the TACTFUL play the blimp made...

Kill with kindness, not with fists...
    Last edited by LeopardPM; 12-10-2007 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardPM View Post
    Now THAT is the way to do it!!!!!! It does not come across 'negative', in fact it is supportive of Obama... yet, it STILL gets the name and message of Ron Paul into the faces of Obama supporters and instead of being angry, they think "Hey! Isn't that a REPUBLICAN candidate? How nice of him to support Obama instead of Hillary?! I might have to look into this nice fellow..."

Shoot, even Obama will be forced to acknowledge the blimp and say something like 'Look, even our republican friends support us!' to his crowd of supporters (all the while he will be fuming underneath yet unable to show his anger because of the TACTFUL play the blimp made...

Kill with kindness, not with fists...

You really know how to win REPUBLICAN PRIMARY voters; most of which voted for Bush twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast