Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noah's Ark Open For the World to See

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Isn't it past your bedtime?
    nope. I sent DW away for the night to bring home the bacon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    been there. I saw a rhino pooping at the philly zoo once from about 10ft away, ass pointed right as me. Gigantic. it was life-altering. imagine bunny berries, but watermelon sized. I felt like I was looking at whatever the opposite of a black hole is, or maybe from the viewpoint from inside a blackhole.
    That's awesome! Were you too awestruck to take pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How did gays survive the great flood? Didn't Noah bar them from his ship?
    Dayumn. You really can bring ghey into ANY thread. Are you related to Scott Thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Dayumn. You really can bring ghey into ANY thread. Are you related to Scott Thompson?

Just thinking of you my friend, and how your kind made it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That's awesome! Were you too awestruck to take pics?
    It was like a UFO sighting, I was simply unprepared for it.

been there. I saw a rhino pooping at the philly zoo once from about 10ft away, ass pointed right as me. Gigantic. it was life-altering. imagine bunny berries, but watermelon sized. I felt like I was looking at whatever the opposite of a black hole is, or maybe from the viewpoint from inside a blackhole.
    Have you ever seen a sloth poop? It's crazy. I watched a youtube video on it. Seriously, look it up.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

* sniffs for elephants *

It was like a UFO sighting, I was simply unprepared for it.
    I lucked out when the giraffes started going at it. I had been taking pics of my kids when I noticed the lovemaking going on so I was ready.

Have you ever seen a sloth poop? It's crazy. I watched a youtube video on it. Seriously, look it up.
    ok, I just got tricked into watching 3 videos of sloths pooping. the only things I took from the experience are:
    1. wtf don't you just poop from the trees!? I know I would
    2. they need a squatty potty.

also to keep this on topic, cleaning the stalls on the arc would have been a pretty big job.

ok, I just got tricked into watching 3 videos of sloths pooping. the only things I took from the experience is:
    1. wtf don't you just poop from the trees!? I know I would
    2. they need a squatty potty.
    What about the part that it could kill them to poop? Was that not in your video?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about the part that it could kill them to poop? Was that not in your video?
    I generally watch videos with the volume off. but i just read about it.

I generally watch videos with the volume off. but i just read about it.
    Ah, sloth pooping isn't very exciting unless you're aware it's a life or death situation. I had to watch to make sure he lived.

Genesis 6:5-7

How did gays survive the great flood? Didn't Noah bar them from his ship?
    Obviously, gays would not have survived the Flood because they would have been drowned with the rest of the wicked. Of course, after a few generations, the hearts of men would turn away from God again and back towards their own lusts.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Obviously, gays would not have survived the Flood because they would have been drowned with the rest of the wicked. Of course, after a few generations, the hearts of men would turn away from God again and back towards their own lusts.
    How can a man who freely gives out ~hugs~ be considered "wicked?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Bill Nye Visits the Ark Encounter

We had an exciting day at the Ark Encounter today! Bill Nye, “the Science Guy,” who debated me here at the Creation Museum in 2014, came for a visit. A few weeks ago I publicly invited Mr. Nye for a friendly tour and offered to personally show him through the Ark if he would come. We were excited that he accepted my offer—and our presence there together created quite a stir with other Ark guests.

As we walked through the Ark, we had a very passionate discussion. It was like the debate all over again but more intense at times. Though it did get tense due to our differences in worldviews, it was an amicable visit.
    (More at this link)

For those of you who like Bill Nye, he and Ken Ham debated each other a couple of years ago, and it was easy to see how much of a statist Bill Nye is:

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I'll watch it when TheTexan's finished.
    I'm done. Ended up pulling an all-nighter, to watch the whole series. It was that good.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Didn't you see Evan Almighty? It could be a dam.
    Well , there was the Johnstown Flood 5/31/1889 (dam) . Death toll of 2209 if I recall .

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm done. Ended up pulling an all-nighter, to watch the whole series. It was that good.
    Can you give me the short version, I have to go buy food and go to Mass this afternoon. Does going to Mass get me out of watching the video? Because it got me out of Baptism classes once.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Discover Some Dinosaurs!

Can you give me the short version, I have to go buy food and go to Mass this afternoon. Does going to Mass get me out of watching the video? Because it got me out of Baptism classes once.
    Suzanimal, you seem to have a fascination about how the dinosaurs fit in with "Noah's Ark," so I would recommend that you watch the video that I posted before, entitled, "Dinosaurs and the Bible." It may open your eyes to some things that the public schools are afraid to teach.

Suzanimal, you seem to have a fascination about how the dinosaurs fit in with "Noah's Ark," so I would recommend that you watch the video that I posted before, entitled, "Dinosaurs and the Bible." It may open your eyes to some things that the public schools are afraid to teach.

You shamed me into watching it. I will watch it this afternoon and comment on it. I figure, I owe you that for talking about sloth poop and giraffe lovemaking in your nice thread.

How can a man who freely gives out ~hugs~ be considered "wicked?"
    How can he not?

Don't know if you actually believe Earth is literally only 6000 years old (judging by video, which I didn't watch, so don't know if you are promoting) but I think Gerald Schroeder's (author of Science of God) has a convincing relativistic interpretation of creation time that is biblical and weaves the narrative in Genesis with current theories in cosmology. I was quite impressed with his explanation.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I didn't forget about my promise to watch, I might have to put it off a couple of days, though. I didn't realize it was that long and I was on the phone most of the day.

I didn't forget about my promise to watch, I might have to put it off a couple of days, though. I didn't realize it was that long and I was on the phone most of the day.
    It will be worth your time I promise.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I Hope GS Isn't Full of BS

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Don't know if you actually believe Earth is literally only 6000 years old (judging by video, which I didn't watch, so don't know if you are promoting) but I think Gerald Schroeder's (author of Science of God) has a convincing relativistic interpretation of creation time that is biblical and weaves the narrative in Genesis with current theories in cosmology. I was quite impressed with his explanation.
    I do happen to believe that the universe is a little over 6,000 years old, but I have not heard of Gerald Schroeder's theory on creation. I would say, though, if he accepts that the universe is billions of years old, then he already has a flawed theory because there is no way to consistently fit "billions of years" into the Genesis account of creation.

Many respectable, reasonable Christians dont take Genesis literally. I hope Ham doesnt give out the wrong impression here.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do happen to believe that the universe is a little over 6,000 years old, but I have not heard of Gerald Schroeder's theory on creation. I would say, though, if he accepts that the universe is billions of years old, then he already has a flawed theory because there is no way to consistently fit "billions of years" into the Genesis account of creation.
    Well, you should check it out. Gerald Schroeder actually wrote a book called Science of God where he explains in detail, but he also created a 5 part video series (about 50 minutes total) where he narrates the whole core idea. The videos are posted by user megawolf7 and are called "Gerald Schroeder, Big Bang, Genesis, Age of the Universe 1/5"... then 2/5, 3/5, etc.

Basically though, the universe "appears" to be 15 billion years old from your current frame of reference. However, had you been around on "Day 1" after the Photon Epoch when light was literally separated from darkness (Genesis 1:4), the heat and density of the universe from THAT frame of reference would cause you to conclude that the universe of today is only 6 days old.

He backs up this assertion with a considerable amount of scripture, oral Torah, physics and math. He is very educated, but also easy to understand.

Why 6 days old? Because cosmologically, in the narrative of Genesis, we are still in day 6. This is also a Hebrew belief as Day 7, the day of God's rest has not yet occurred. It corresponds to the millenial kingdom, according to many.

Be happy to elaborate for you and the benefit of other readers, but you can grok his entire thesis with 50 minutes of video which has great illustrations.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 07-12-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

The Bible we have today is many oral generations old and then a further many translations separated from the original story. Details change as they go from person to person. Units may be different as well. What was listed as a "year" for say Noah's life of 600 years may have been lunar months which would have him more like 50 when he died.

They did find discrepancies between the texts of the Dead Sea Scrolls on the height of the Goliath. That had him at about 6' 6" while some texts have him over nine feet tall so details have changed over time.

http://www.biblestudymagazine.com/ex...-old-testament

First Samuel 17:4 notes that Goliath’s height was measured at “six cubits and one span,” about nine feet, six inches. That measurement comes from one Hebrew manuscript tradition, known as the Masoretic text, a text that was fixed around 100 AD by the Jewish community in Israel. We know from the Dead Sea Scrolls that there were other editions of the Hebrew Bible. One of those was the Hebrew text from which the Septuagint, the ancient Greek translation of the Old Testament,1 was translated. The Septuagint at times disagrees with the Masoretic text. The Septuagint has the height of Goliath at four cubits and one span, or about six feet, six inches. The only Hebrew text of 1 Sam 17:4 found among the Dead Sea Scrolls also reads “four,” and the Jewish historian Josephus describes Goliath as, “a man of vast bulk, for he was of four cubits and a span in tallness.
    Details depend on who is telling the story. Some stories are also allegorical rather than historical- more important for their message than the small details. Jesus often used parables to give a message to the faithful. It was a common teaching method.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-12-2016 at 01:46 PM.

There is the Taylor Trail , Glen Rose ,Texas . The Paluxy River bed . It is a fossil of human tracks and Dino tracks . Certainly people do not think every single animal died ? It is possible that there are still some survivors in the Congo .

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/06/17/sc...nosaurian.html

FOSSILS OF 'MAN TRACKS' SHOWN TO BE DINOSAURIAN

IN a new analysis of giant fossil footprints in a Texas riverbed, paleontologists have concluded that there is no evidence of human prints mingled with those of dinosaurs. The finding, they said, undermines a key argument advanced by religious fundamentalists who have cited the ''man tracks'' as scientific evidence of a relatively recent, divine creation of life on earth, in keeping with a literal interpretation of the Bible.

But the discovery has left paleontologists mystified anew about an important aspect of dinosaur behavior: the way they walked.

Scientists called the discovery an ''exciting development'' in their running dispute with those fundamentalists, known as scientific creationists, who argue that the biblical account of creation should be taught in schools on an equal basis with the Darwinian theory of evolution.

Confronted with these findings, a leader of the scientific creationists conceded that the tracks could no longer be ''regarded as unquestionably human.'' A movie incorporating the disputed tracks, ''Footprints in Stone,'' produced by the Films for Christ Association, has been withdrawn from circulation as a document in support of divine creation. 5-Year Investigation What specialists in dinosaur studies have reported finding are clear traces of dinosaur toes associated with the so-called ''man tracks'' along the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, Tex., southwest of Fort Worth. The discovery was described by scientists who visited the site early this month and reviewed the results of a five-year investigation of the tracks by Glen J. Kuban, an expert on dinosaur footprints.

Because the ''man tracks'' were mingled with indisputable dinosaur prints, creationists argued that this was scientific ''proof'' that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. This, they said, represented evidence for the divine creation of all species in the beginning, according to the account in Genesis, and that this occurred as recently as 10,000 years ago, according to creationist chronologies.

An accumulation of fossil and geologic evidence has led scientists to conclude that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that dinosaurs inhabited the world for some 160 million years, becoming extinct 65 million years ago. Fossil discoveries in Africa indicate that early human ancestors appeared about three million years ago.

But the Paluxy River tracks, which were known of for decades, had posed a problem for scientists. The tracks were indeed humanlike. Each print is elongated, about 15 to 20 inches in length, and ends with an apparent round heel. The toes are missing or indistinct, however, and this made it impossible to reach any satisfactory identification. The identified dinosaur prints in the same sediments have the distinctive three long digits, resembling the feet of huge birds.
    Two summers ago, pursuing the investigation, Mr. Kuban said he found evidence that ''practically jumped out at you.'' Ronnie J. Hastings, a high school science teacher from Waxahachie, Tex., made a similar discovery at about the same time. Almost every one of the alleged human tracks, they found, was accompanied by distinct colorations in the rock that, upon detailed analysis, revealed the pattern of dinosaurian digits.

The colorations ranged from blue-gray to rust, in contrast to the ivory to tan color of the surrounding limestone bearing the rest of the fossil footprint. To Mr. Kuban and scientists who had a look, this suggested that the digit impressions were somehow filled in with sediments different from those in the rest of the track. These sediments later hardened to rock. This phenomenon presumably went undetected until exposure to air and flood waters from the river eroded the surface and contributed to oxidation processes.

Mr. Kuban said a careful re-examination of color pictures taken by creationist investigators and used as a basis for their arguments revealed that some traces of the coloration and some actual impressions had been detectable all along. He said this tended to rule out the possibility of some kind of hoax.
    More at link.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast