Thread: Donald Trump's Va. chairman accuses Clinton of 'encouraging the murder' of Dallas officers

Donald Trump's Va. chairman accuses Clinton of 'encouraging the murder' of Dallas officers

Donald Trump's Va. chairman accuses Hillary Clinton, Ralph Northam of 'encouraging the murder' of Dallas officers

Corey A. Stewart, chairman of Donald Trump's Virginia campaign, took to Facebook on Thursday evening and blamed Hillary Clinton and Lt. Gov. Ralph S. Northam for "essentially encouraging the murder" of police officers in Dallas.

"Liberal politicians who label police as racists - specifically Hillary Clinton and Virginia Lt. Governor Ralph Northam - are to blame for essentially encouraging the murder of these police officers tonight," Stewart wrote.

Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for Trump's national campaign, did not respond to a request for comment, but she told the New York Times in an email:

“Corey does not speak for the campaign and this is not something we agree with."

John Fredericks, a radio host who is vice chairman of Trump's Virginia campaign, also disavowed Stewart's statement.

"That statement by Corey Stewart is his and his alone," Fredericks said in a phone interview, adding that Stewart's Facebook post is "not reflective of the feelings, values or position of the Donald Trump for president campaign nationally, or in Virginia."

Snipers shot the officers in Dallas during protests over recent fatal shootings of black men in Louisiana and in Minnesota.

Stewart, chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors, is among GOP hopefuls for governor in 2017. Northam is the presumptive Democratic nominee for governor next year.

A spokeswoman for the Clinton campaign could not immediately be reached for comment. Earlier today, Clinton said on Twitter:

"I mourn for the officers shot while doing their sacred duty to protect peaceful protesters, for their families & all who serve with them."

Trump released his own statement earlier today, in which he said, in part:

"This morning I offer my thoughts and prayers for all of the victims’ families, and we pray for our brave police officers and first responders who risk their lives to protect us every single day.

"Our nation has become too divided. Too many Americans feel like they’ve lost hope. Crime is harming too many citizens. Racial tensions have gotten worse, not better. This isn’t the American Dream we all want for our children.

"This is a time, perhaps more than ever, for strong leadership, love and compassion. We will pull through these tragedies."

Northam said in a statement:

“With so much violence and tragedy in Dallas, Minneapolis, and Baton Rouge, this is a time for our nation to come together and heal. There is no place in this Commonwealth for this divisive rhetoric, which only serves to politicize a national tragedy.

"Having cared for those who are wounded in service of our country, I know the sacrifice these officers make and my prayers are with the victims, their families, all first responders and all communities affected by violence.”

Most Virginia politicians issuing statements today - Republicans and Democrats - are expressing support for law enforcement and urging solidarity following the shootings in Dallas.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe said in a statement:

“Dorothy and I are heartbroken by the hateful act of violence last night in Dallas that resulted in the deaths and injuries of brave men and women who were protecting others as they exercised their right to protest peacefully in a free society.

"We continue to pray for the families and communities in Louisiana and Minnesota who are mourning today in the wake of recent tragedies. This is not a time for divisive and incendiary rhetoric - it is a time for thoughtful and courageous action to reduce violence, build trust and respect between law enforcement and the communities they serve, and make these events as rare as they are tragic.”

Speaker of the House William J. Howell, R-Stafford, said in a statement:

“Our hearts go out to the Dallas law enforcement officers who were injured and brutally murdered in the line of duty last night. The Virginia House of Delegates offers its condolences and prayers to the families of the officers, the Dallas law enforcement community, and the entire city of Dallas.

“This senseless violence is inexcusable. Violence against law enforcement is no way to mourn the tragic loss of life in Louisiana and Minnesota and no way to further the dialogue our nation needs. America is unique because of its ability to resolve differences through political and judicial institutions instead of resorting to violence."

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgini...80b3ffcb5.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's right.

Trump's surrogates need to hammer the bigotry of the Democrats.

Trump supports Drudge & this would be a mainstream headline on Drudge or Infowars or Breitbart.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Why is the Trump campaign not standing behind this Patriot?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul