Thread: Huckabee: Donald Will Punish States If Their Senators Don’t Get in Line

Huckabee: Donald Will Punish States If Their Senators Don’t Get in Line

Huckabee: Donald Will Punish States If Their Senators Don’t Get in Line

Donald Trump walked away from yesterday’s meetings with Republicans in Congress with a message of bright, cheerful optimism:

Problem is, the meetings are widely known to have gone awfully. But what if he actually got across the message he really wanted — by threatening both his fellow Republicans, and the general public, like a big schoolyard bully?

One of his sidekicks, Mike Huckabee, appeared on Fox News and focused on one heretic in particular, Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona. Huckabee boldly told Flake and anybody else like him that there would be consequences for themselves — and for the people back in their home states.

“Look, here’s the fact: If Donald Trump is president — I think he likely will be, and I hope he is — it will be a bad place for Jeff Flake to be in two years. Not because he will have his election upended by Donald Trump, it probably won’t be that big of an effect. But when Sen. Flake needs something for Arizona, he ain’t gonna get it. And I’m gonna tell you something: Presidents can play hardball, and can punish the people who didn’t want to stand up there with them.”

“How?” Megyn Kelly asked.

“Do you think there’ll ever be an appointment to West Point, Annapolis, or the Air Force Academy that’ll come through his office? Do you think there’ll ever be a grant with his name on it, that he’ll ever be invited to make the dedicatory speech at a road?” Huckabee said — essentially threatening not only Flake, but the people of Arizona at large.

“I mean, I”m telling you there are ways that are painful — and you never get even so much as a White House pass for some tourists from your state.”
    http://bluenationreview.com/donald-w...t-get-in-line/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bluenationreview.com? Seriously?

Here is a small sampling of the headlines found on Bluenationreview.com:

Hey Republicans, Have the Guts to Fight Hillary on the Issues

CONFIRMED: James Comey Statement on Clinton Emails Proves Hillary DID NOT LIE

DEVELOPING: New State Dept. Revelation of Classified Marking Error Supports Hillary on Emails

Nope, Hillary Clinton Does NOT Have a Trust and Honesty Problem

This Is the Face of the Woman Who Will Save the World from Donald Trump

I know you have a 148 IQ and all, but you are going to have to figure out a way to deal with this hangup you have about sources. Sometimes they will post things you don't like.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

The video is from foxnewsdottrump.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    you are going to have to figure out a way to deal with this hangup you have about sources. Sometimes they will post things you don't like.
    It's not a hangup. Your source is an unabashed Hillary Clinton propaganda outlet. As an admitted Hillary voter, I'm not surprised that's where you get your information; However I am surprised that you have the balls to post that crap here.

Back to the real topic- we have a Trump bootlicker now putting extortion tactics on the table. Imagine what a President Trump would do if he can't get Congress on board with something he wants passed. Like taking apart the First Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    It's not a hangup. Your source is an unabashed Hillary Clinton propaganda outlet. As an admitted Hillary voter, I'm not surprised that's where you get your information; However I am surprised that you have the balls to post that crap here.
    Did Huckabee say it or not?

Obama has tenfold threatened states and no one cares because it might alienate his legions of freedom loving fans from switching to the GOP.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Obama has tenfold threatened states and no one cares because it might alienate his legions of freedom loving fans from switching to the GOP.
    So the solution is to elect more of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    So the solution is to elect more of the same?
    The RINOcucks & the rats are going to fight with Tyrant Trump because he's not black, and impeachment & hamstringing trump is all possible.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Support me or else. Ugh Huckabee is just as bad as Trump. This gets more juvenile and pathetic every day.

Trump might use it selectively. I prefer a candidate that threatens it out right. As in, "I'm ending federal monies to all states and getting rid of the income tax." Now THAT would be a president I could get behind.

I'm a little surprised Huckabee passed this on.

FoxNews has not had a good election cycle. They are not there to report the news, but to stir the pot.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I am counting down the days until statements from Hillary's PACs and official campaign are posted here.

“Look, here’s the fact: If Donald Trump is president — I think he likely will be, and I hope he is — it will be a bad place for Jeff Flake to be in two years. Not because he will have his election upended by Donald Trump, it probably won’t be that big of an effect. But when Sen. Flake needs something for Arizona, he ain’t gonna get it. And I’m gonna tell you something: Presidents can play hardball, and can punish the people who didn’t want to stand up there with them.”
    Jeff Flake became a sellout immediately after being elected to those who he fooled into voting for him. One can only hope he gets replaced soon.

Jeff Flake smirks and taunts his constituents about amnesty & TPP.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Did Huckabee say it or not?
    Exactly! Who said this? Huckabee or Trump? Huckabee said this; not Trump. Why are so many here getting their panties in a twist over a comment Huckabee pulled out of his ass?
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Jeff Flake became a sellout immediately after being elected to those who he fooled into voting for him. One can only hope he gets replaced soon.
    Hope in one hand...
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Exactly! Who said this? Huckabee or Trump? Huckabee said this; not Trump. Why are so many here getting their panties in a twist over a comment Huckabee pulled out of his ass?
    Maybe it's the fact that Huckabee didn't pull it out of his ass. Maybe it's the fact that both Clinton and Trump are obviously exactly the type to do this very thing.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Maybe it's the fact that Huckabee didn't pull it out of his ass. Maybe it's the fact that both Clinton and Trump are obviously exactly the type to do this very thing.
    If Huckabee didn't pull this out of his ass, then when or where has Trump said he would do these things or preside in such a manner? Maybe you're right about Trump, but at this point it's nothing but opinion, speculation.
    RVO˩UTION

Wouldn't it be a much shorter list to mention all those times when Trump didn't deal with those who stood in his way by eminent domain, or by bribing officials to run over them, or by buying them out, or by calling in the mafia, or by attacking them in the press, or by calling in a platoon of lawyers and suing them, or by calling on his supporters to act as his henchmen...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.