Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Summary Execution at Traffic Stop - Falcon Heights, Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The pistol in his lap when he had disclosed he had a CCP should have actually been less an excuse to shoot him, since it was out in plain sight where the police officer wouldn't have to worry about where it was. The same "pistol in his lap" narrative says he was shot when reaching into his pocket in response to a request for ID.
    Under the currently acceptable rules of engagement just having a pistol visible and within reach is enough to get you shot, so long as the officer claims to feel "threatened."

I don't know what the MN CCW law is, and I'm sure some places it's perfectly legal to have one sitting in your lap or laying in the console, but that won't keep you from getting shot, with the grand jury's seal of approval.

If he really did have a pistol in his lap it doesn't look good for him, since anyone with any sense and no bad intentions would quickly hide it -- but it also doesn't make sense that he'd keep it there and then mention he had a permit (if that even happened, we just have the girlfriend's word to go on, and she seems a bit shady).

I guess we will just have to wait and see - it doesn't help that PDs always drag their feet releasing even the most basic information (I don't think they said anything about the cop seeing a pistol in his lap, and I'm not even sure if they've confirmed yet if he had a valid permit or not).

It almost seems like they want to create doubt and confusion -- partially to cover their asses, and partially to stir things up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-10-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    She doesn't have a prayer to sound anything but shady, no matter what the true circumstances were, no matter what really went down in that car. She's a Black woman vs. a police officer. America has already made up its mind.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    He's going to join John Crawford in relative obscurity.
    Nailed it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

So, how does this work now?

The cop was a "person of color" as well...

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, how does this work now?

The cop was a "person of color" as well...
    He was a cop. That's all that really matters. If you or I had shot someone whose pistol was in their pocket we would be convicted. "Feared for my life" doesn't work for us common man.

Minn. officer acquitted of manslaughter for shooting Philando Castile during traffic stop

Minn. officer acquitted of manslaughter for shooting Philando Castile during traffic stop:

The Minnesota police officer who fatally shot Philando Castile during a traffic stop was acquitted on all charges by a jury Friday, a decision that came nearly a year after the encounter was partially streamed online before a rapt nation in the midst of a painful reckoning over shootings by law enforcement.

[...]

Outside the court where the verdict was announced, Castile’s relatives denounced the jury’s decision. Castile’s mother called his death a murder and tied the verdict to what she described as systemic racism in Minnesota.

“The system continues to fail black people, and it will continue to fail you all,” she said. She added: “My son loved this city and this city killed my son. And the murderer gets away. Are you kidding me right now?”

So how are these juries being picked? Doesn't the defender and prosecutor both get to pick 1/2 of the jury?
    Last edited by charrob; 06-16-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Wait for it...

GOONS GONNA GOON!!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He was a cop. That's all that really matters. If you or I had shot someone whose pistol was in their pocket we would be convicted. "Feared for my life" doesn't work for us common man.
    Equal justice under the law....pffft.

Blue Lives Matter More.

Equal justice under the law....pffft.

Blue Lives Matter More.
    Goon lives are the only lives that matter... (goons are all goonerment actors...)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Of course Yanez got off. He did everything by the book, legally. It just so happens that police can legally murder you, Castile's sister said, "He didn't deserve to die the way he did, and I will never have faith in this system." And she is exactly right. You should never have faith in this system. It is a racist, sexist, violent monopoly that sets police above the Natural Law, giving them the power to bully, lie, harass, kidnap, molest, rape, and murder under the guise of legislated law. Never trust the system and never trust the cops. Any system that demands you obey or die deserves nothing but nullification and derision.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Of course Yanez got off. He did everything by the book, legally. It just so happens that police can legally murder you, Castile's sister said, "He didn't deserve to die the way he did, and I will never have faith in this system." And she is exactly right. You should never have faith in this system. It is a racist, sexist, violent monopoly that sets police above the Natural Law, giving them the power to bully, lie, harass, kidnap, molest, rape, and murder under the guise of legislated law. Never trust the system and never trust the cops. Any system that demands you obey or die deserves nothing but nullification and derision.
    It's authoritarian, but how is it racist and sexist?

The cop in this case was a "person of color".

No $#@!, quit with the racist and sexist $#@! already. Its just what they want you to do.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 06-16-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: posting from phone
    "The Patriarch"

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a racist, sexist, violent monopoly that sets police above the Natural Law,
    What the hell are you talking about? Race and sex has nothing to do with this $#@!, quit giving the pimps legitimacy.
    "The Patriarch"

Only a non-racist non-sexist would understand.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Philando looked like the kind of guy to have a beer with.
    Do something Danke

most likely the FEDS will now intervene. This isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post

Minn. officer acquitted of manslaughter for shooting Philando Castile during traffic stop:

So how are these juries being picked? Doesn't the defender and prosecutor both get to pick 1/2 of the jury?
    I think they both have the chance to reject jurors.

Surprised no one has posted the dashcam video yet...

Cop says, "Give me your license"
    Victim calmly says, "I have to tell you, I have a firearm"
    Cop says, "ok, don't reach for it then"
    Victim reaches for ID as instructed.
    Dumbass cop panics and fills him full of holes.

And people are defending the cop. SMH.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Here is an example of how it is racist:

After accounting for age, gender, and location, we find that officers ticket, search, and arrest black and Hispanic drivers more often than whites. For example, when pulled over for speeding, black drivers are 20% more likely to get a ticket (rather than a warning) than white drivers, and Hispanic drivers are 30% more likely to be ticketed than white drivers. Black and Hispanic motorists are about twice as likely to be searched compared to white drivers.

https://openpolicing.stanford.edu/findings/
    Here is an example of how it is sexist:

This paper assesses gender disparities in federal criminal cases. It finds large gender gaps favoring women throughout the sentence length distribution (averaging over 60%), conditional on arrest offense, criminal history, and other pre-charge observables. Female arrestees are also significantly likelier to avoid charges and convictions entirely, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2144002

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Race and sex has nothing to do with this $#@!, quit giving the pimps legitimacy.
    You're reaction makes exactly zero sense in response to what I said.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If only women and minorities we're allowed to be police, judges and politicians, tyranny would magically disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Surprised no one has posted the dashcam video yet...
    Thanks Capt. I was trying to get that video up, but it was hanging up.

Here is an example of how it is racist:

Here is an example of how it is sexist:
    Ah, you're saying system wide, as opposed to this particular case.

I'll cede your point, but then say that it is counterproductive to frame it in "racist" and "sexist" terms.

Doing so reduces this incredibly dangerous situation we have with out of control cops to nothing more than: "well, all we have to do is fire all the white male cops and everything will be hunky dory", or mandating ridiculous "sensitivity" classes.

I just watched the dash cam video. I feel safer now.

Ah, you're saying system wide, as opposed to this particular case.

I'll cede your point, but then say that it is counterproductive to frame it in "racist" and "sexist" terms.

Doing so reduces this incredibly dangerous situation we have with out of control cops to nothing more than: "well, all we have to do is fire all the white male cops and everything will be hunky dory", or mandating ridiculous "sensitivity" classes.
    Agree with this entirely. The outcomes have a racial tint to them, but not necessarily the motivations. It's just that subjects are easier targets than others. They know which ones are likely to have paid lawyers and which ones will get a public defender that they work with all the time.

Tyranny always visits the lower classes first. The only thing "racial" about this is that police view certain people as being more likely to be members of the target class.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...238e6#comments

Officer who shot Philando Castile said smell of marijuana made him fear for his life

"I thought, I was gonna die," Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting "And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming."
    Because wildly shooting rounds into a car is much safer for the little girls.

"I thought, I was gonna die," Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting "And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming."
    $#@! you, Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Agree with this entirely. The outcomes have a racial tint to them, but not necessarily the motivations. It's just that subjects are easier targets than others. They know which ones are likely to have paid lawyers and which ones will get a public defender that they work with all the time.

Tyranny always visits the lower classes first. The only thing "racial" about this is that police view certain people as being more likely to be members of the target class.
    Perfectly stated.

Owe you a rep.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast