Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Summary Execution at Traffic Stop - Falcon Heights, Minnesota

In Minnesota, you do not have to tell the police you have a weapon unless asked.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I just watched the dash cam video. I feel safer now.
    I only saw it once (that's enough) , but it looked like Officer Yanez had his partner on the other side in the line of fire, from the way he was ducking.

I suppose if he had been hit Philando would have been blamed for that (and charged, if he had lived).

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ah, you're saying system wide, as opposed to this particular case.

I'll cede your point, but then say that it is counterproductive to frame it in "racist" and "sexist" terms.

Doing so reduces this incredibly dangerous situation we have with out of control cops to nothing more than: "well, all we have to do is fire all the white male cops and everything will be hunky dory", or mandating ridiculous "sensitivity" classes.
    I disagree. Anything we can do to expose the evils of the system the better. I often use the racist and sexist nature of the system as ways to talk about the dangers of power itself. An authoritarian system can't be anything other than sexist and racist because those in power will always use that power against the weakest members of society. No amount of sensitivity training or what have you will ever be enough because it isn't racism or sexism that is the problem. Those are symptoms. Power itself is the problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345