Thread: I just had a good laugh....

I just had a good laugh....

DES MOINES, Iowa (KWQC) – A Des Moines man is facing charges for shooting off fireworks after police say they had warned him to stop.

Quinnlan R. O’Meara, 22, is charged with using fireworks, public intoxication, and disorderly conduct.

Police received a noise complaint around 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 3, 2016.

When they arrived at a Pleasant Street apartment complex, officers say they heard fireworks and saw O’Meara holding fireworks which are illegal under state law.

Police confiscated the fireworks and told O’Meara he would be going to jail if he shot off more.

Soon after the officers left, they were called back to the complex because of more complaints.

Officers returned to find O’Meara walking out of his apartment “holding a firework in one hand and a lighter in the other.”

A police report says O’Meara told officers he planned to light a roman candle from his front door.

O’Meara also told officers that when he got out of jail he was going to light another firework “with a blunt in his mouth because this is America.”

Police say when they asked O’Meara to take a preliminary breathalyzer test, he responded “that he would take a preliminary go [expletive] yourself test.”

O’Meara was taken into custody without incident.
    http://kwqc.com/2016/07/05/iowa-man-...is-is-america/

Last edited by phill4paul; 07-05-2016 at 04:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That reminds me of the time my buddy spelled out his name as s u c k m y d i c k to a cop once, the cop wasn't amused. I think he wrote the whole thing out before he figured it out though.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That reminds me of the time my buddy spelled out his name as s u c k m y d i c k to a cop once, the cop wasn't amused. I think he wrote the whole thing out before he figured it out though.

NC couple charged with assaulting each other with pizza rolls

GASTONIA, N.C. – A North Carolina couple faces charges after allegedly assaulting each other with pizza rolls, according to WJZY.

Brad Scott Beard, 24, and Samantha Brooke Canipe, 21, were each charged on Monday with one count of misdemeanor simple assault.

The suspects allegedly got into a fight at their Gastonia apartment and started throwing pizza rolls at each other. A motive in the incident remains uncertain.

Beard faces 60 days in jail and Canipe faces 30 days in jail, according to WJZY.
    http://myfox8.com/2016/07/04/nc-coup...h-pizza-rolls/

Last edited by phill4paul; 07-05-2016 at 06:23 PM.

For pizza rolls, I guess they used hard pepperoni in them.
    "The Patriarch"

"because this is America.”

That is funny.

When he sobers up in a cage he might remember "because this is America.”
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Now here's a romantic devil....

After Walmart Proposal, Man Stole Sex Toys

JANUARY 7--Minutes after proposing to his girlfriend over the loudspeaker at Walmart, a Michigan man allegedly shoplifted a vibrator, an edible thong, and other sex toys from a nearby Spencer’s gift store, according to police.

In advance of popping the question last Wednesday night, William Cornelius, 25, purchased a $29.62 engagement ring at the Walmart in Bay City, police report. Then, after securing the permission of a store employee, Cornelius proposed to girlfriend Sheri Moore, 20, over the store’s public address system.

As seen on store surveillance footage, Moore said yes, prompting applause from fellow shoppers. Cornelius--who had dropped to one knee--and Moore, police report, can be seen hugging and kissing following the proposal.

But the couple’s engagement quickly became rocky.

According to investigators, Cornelius and Moore (seen above) went from Walmart to a Spencer’s store at the Bay City Mall. There, Cornelius allegedly swiped items with a combined value of $80.93. Included in the haul was a “Bride-To-Be” thong, a $14.99 vibrator, “BJ Blast” oral sex candy, and a $5.99 edible thong, Undersheriff Troy Cunningham told TSG.

Deputies responding to a theft call subsequently collared Cornelius (pictured at left) and Moore inside the mall. As first reported by the Bay City Times, Cornelius was asleep at a food court table, having apparently nodded off while attempting to tie his shoes. Just when I thought the story couldn't get stranger...

A search of Cornelius turned up the Spencer’s merchandise. Cornelius reportedly admitted to stealing the items, saying that he pilfered the goods for his fiancée, adding that he had just proposed to Moore at Walmart.

Moore was found in possession of earrings and a necklace that had been taken from Walmart. While she denied shoplifting, Walmart surveillance video captured Moore placing merchandise in her purse. Moore subsequently told cops that Cornelius had stolen the jewelry.

Deputies arrested Cornelius for retail fraud, while Moore was nabbed for larceny. Both are free on bond on the misdemeanor charges.

Cornelius could face additional charges since he is currently serving a three-year probation term in connection with a 2014 felony conviction for ethnic intimidation. Cornelius and a male relative were convicted of attacking three black men who walked past their Bay City residence.

Moore, court records show, was arrested last September for stealing a cell phone from a Bay City man. She was released on $2500 bond in the misdemeanor larceny case, which remains open.
    http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/c...y-theft-674925
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Gotta have a picture of that romantic devil!

And what is up with Spencers and Wal-Mart? Isn't it tradition to give wedding presents?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Gotta have a picture of that romantic devil!

And what is up with Spencers and Wal-Mart? Isn't it tradition to give wedding presents?
    She probably had a registry at Spencers and he didn't even get the chance to give her her gifts before he fell asleep.

There, Cornelius allegedly swiped items with a combined value of $80.93. Included in the haul was a “Bride-To-Be” thong, a $14.99 vibrator, “BJ Blast” oral sex candy, and a $5.99 edible thong, Undersheriff Troy Cunningham told TSG.

Deputies responding to a theft call subsequently collared Cornelius (pictured at left) and Moore inside the mall. As first reported by the Bay City Times, Cornelius was asleep at a food court table, having apparently nodded off while attempting to tie his shoes.

A search of Cornelius turned up the Spencer’s merchandise. Cornelius reportedly admitted to stealing the items, saying that he pilfered the goods for his fiancée, adding that he had just proposed to Moore at Walmart.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

You can burn off the entire roof of someone's mouth with those things!

Ban Pizza Rolls!

Hang Totino!

90-year-old charged after reporting theft from alleged prostitute

ORLEANS — A 90-year-old Dennis Port man was arrested for soliciting a prostitute after reporting that she stole from him.

Nicholas Salerno paid Karen Proia, 48, of Route 28 in West Dennis, $100 on June 22 to perform a sex act, according to Orleans District Court documents.

He told police she used the bathroom in his house and he later noticed his necklace was missing. He reported the alleged theft to police June 30, records show.
    Police recovered the necklace at Bass River Coin, records state.

A police officer told Salerno he also would be charged with a crime, for soliciting a prostitute, to which Salerno responded, “I don’t give a (expletive). I’m 90 years old ...” according to court documents.

Proia is charged with larceny and prostitution. She and Salerno pleaded not guilty at their arraignments Tuesday.
    http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/...NEWS/160809838

O’Meara also told officers that when he got out of jail he was going to light another firework “with a blunt in his mouth because this is America.”

Police say when they asked O’Meara to take a preliminary breathalyzer test, he responded “that he would take a preliminary go [expletive] yourself test.”
    A police officer told Salerno he also would be charged with a crime, for soliciting a prostitute, to which Salerno responded, “I don’t give a (expletive). I’m 90 years old ...” according to court documents.
    O'Meara/Salerno 2016!!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    O'Meara/Salerno 2016!!
    The (Expletive) Party!

Same crime, woman gets half the time.

#equality

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Same crime, woman gets half the time.

#equality
    Why do you hate women?
    "The Patriarch"

Ohio cops: Woman offered to sell sex for $60 and some nachos

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio are accusing a woman of selling sex for $60 and some nachos.

Officers near Youngstown say they arrested 36-year-old Crystal Hotlosz during an undercover operation Monday.

Beaver Township police say an officer texted the woman after seeing an online advertisement for sex services.

Officers say she first wanted $50 and some nachos and later upped her price to $60.

Police say that when the undercover officer later met the woman in the parking lot of a Mexican restaurant, she asked if he had the extra money and her nachos.

WKBN-TV in Youngstown (http://bit.ly/2f7SK0u ) reports Hotlosz has been charged with solicitation and possession of criminal tools.

A message seeking comment was left with her attorney on Friday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-cops...165819674.html

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $60 AND nachos!? Outrageous! That is price gouging.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I do not know why I have never seen this thread, but this is awesome stuff.

The (Expletive) Party!
    an idea who's time has come
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Impressive.

Pilot 'congratulates' passengers for drinking all alcohol on plane

Passengers aboard a recent Southwest Airlines plane received a special message from the flight's captain after the travelers drank all the alcohol aboard plane.

On a Dec. 7 flight from from Oakland, California, to Kansas City, Missouri, the captain of the aircraft went over the PA system to announce to passengers that they had consumed all the alcohol on the plane, according to sports journalist Jimmy Durkin, who tweeted about the incident. The captain congratulated the passengers for their feat, which was accomplished during the three-hour-20-minute flight.

Durkin, who said the flight was a "Raiders flight," cleared up confusion from Twitter users who thought he meant the plane was full of Oakland Raiders football players. He said the flight had many fans of the football team, as many passengers were wearing Raiders paraphernalia.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-n...ane_/476043096

He got beat off by a couple of sex shop workers.

Alleged Robber Brings Gun to Dildo Fight, Loses

(Newser) – Police say a would-be robber learned the hard way not to bring a gun to a dildo fight Wednesday in San Bernardino, California. Surveillance cameras caught the man entering the Lotions & Lace sex shop shortly before closing holding what appears to be a gun, KABC reports. According to KNBC, police say the man demanded cash. "It was like, really? I don't have time for this," one employee tells KABC. She thought the man's gun was fake, but when he grabbed her, her coworker took action, throwing multiple sex toys at him. "I think he was a coward," the coworker says. "Coming in and trying to get over on two females and not realizing that we're pretty feisty." The man ran off empty-handed. "The message is, 'Get out, we're not going to stand for it,'" the sex shop's owner tells KNBC. Video of the sex-toy fusillade here.
    http://www.newser.com/story/235582/a...ght-loses.html

Inside the Insane Feud Between a Vegan Strip Club and the Steak House Next Door

In Portland, Oregon, a vegan strip club and the steak house-slash-strip club next door are locked in an intense rivalry; protests have ensued, and a wall has been erected between the two businesses. We spoke to several of the employees and customers to find out more.

Nine years ago, Casa Diablo, the world's only vegan strip club, opened in—you guessed it—Portland, Oregon, with a veggie-based menu and a ban on fur and leather onstage. It was years before Portlandia started spoofing the city's first-class weirdness, and at the time the idea seemed normal enough to locals, who have long bragged about having more nude bars and vegans per capita than any city in America.

But now the founder of Casa Diablo, Johnny "Diablo" Zukle, finds himself in a turf war. The vegan flesh peddler—who says he "puts the meat on the pole, not the plate"—recently opened a second branch of the club, Dusk 'Til Dawn: Casa Diabo 2, just feet from The Acropolis, a 35-year-old strip club-cum-steakhouse. The move angered Acropolis owner Bob Polizos, a proud carnivore who famously serves $7 ribeyes, and claims to raise some of the cattle himself on a nearby farm.

From there, things got stranger. A literal wall has been erected to keep a lid on any customer defections; hired security has been ratcheted up; and the clubs have been rocked by gun-toting drunks, family values protestors, and strippers quietly ordering food from the enemy. The proprietors of Acropolis are particularly unwilling to get along, saying that Casa Diablo is "a whorehouse" with "a bad reputation." (In 2015, Casa Diablo was sued by two strippers, who alleged they had been sexually harassed and denied back wages.)

How did it get this bad? It all started with "a good conspiracy theory." (Interviews have been edited and condensed for clarity.)
    Planting the seed

Johnny Diablo Zukle, 52, founder of Casa Diablo and Dusk 'Til Dawn: Casa Diabo 2: It was 1985, and I was 21 years old. I see this guy on TV named Dr. John McDougall. He's talking about how animal products can basically kill you. He's saying government is part of a big conspiracy, that we're all being scammed, that if you look at the food pyramid it's all about meat and dairy, but it's printed by the National Dairy Council. I like a good conspiracy theory, so I started doing research. And I realized that if I don't eat animal products, wear clothes made from animals, or use products tested on animals, I can eliminate so much suffering in the world. So I went from flesh eater to vegan. When I told my mom, she goes, "Oh son, don't become a fanatic." Well, too late!

Bob Polizos, 76, founder of Acropolis Steakhouse Strip Club: I grew up in Greece in a small village up north. My parents raised pigs, so we had a pig every Christmas and a lamb every Easter. I used to do a lot of cooking before I got to America. I worked on a cargo ship, and on the ship I would cook for a crew of 40. I loved it.

Get some boobs up there!

Zukle: The thinking was: I have a building that's going into foreclosure. What do I have to do to get guys to come in and eat? So I put up a stage. And I got some boobs up there. And you know what they say now? They say, "This is some of the best food I've ever had." It's the happiest place on earth. It's Disneyland with tits!

Polizos: The ladies helped me; they brought the customers. They are good ladies. I love the ladies. Now people come here night and day. After I brought the dancers here, a lot of other businesses in Portland started doing it.

Tit for tat

Zukle: I heard—from an Acropolis dancer actually—that the space next door to the club was available. And I thought it would be funny to open a second vegan strip club next door to a strip club that's a steakhouse. That was 2011. We opened in 2015. You can have a great meal here without hurting an innocent creature.

The old guy, Bob [Polizos]—I like him, he's a nice guy. When were first getting started, he said, "I like competition." And I said, "Good, because you're gonna get it!" People go over there for $5 steak bites, then they come here for a $500 lap dance.

Bob Polizos: I don't want them here. We are a real restaurant. They're nothing but a whorehouse!

Andreas Polizos: They have a bad reputation. When they opened, there were anti-strip club protests. We got screwed because it looked like neighbors were protesting us.

Andreas Polizos: Culturally, it's two different worlds. It really is. They're vegan, and we're all about meat. That has to have something to do with the conflict.

Zukle: People say, "You don't exploit animals, but you exploit women." And my answer to that is humans don't exploit animals—we murder them. We torture and murder and eat them. Exploiting an animal would be like having a poodle, making it pretty and taking it to a competition to win fifty bucks. You might spend that fifty bucks on a dog toy—or you might spend it on marijuana for yourself. That would be exploitation. But chopping up these creatures while they're still alive, pulling off their skin and watching them scream in agony? That is murder and torture.

Broadly: So... women are the poodles in this analogy?

Zukle: Look, I don't cut up women. I don't eat women, either.

Customer feedback

Blake Rauch, 33, customer: Acropolis is a destination spot. They're famously farm-to-strip-club-table. Their strippers are a little more... seasoned.

Molly Torbert, 31, customer: The strippers at Casa Diablo are punk rock and grunge, which I like. It's cool and different. I can appreciate a beautiful woman—but their shows with dildos and sex acts are too raunchy for me.

Nate, 33, customer: Casa dancers have a higher level of skill and freakiness and the chicks have a wide knowledge of art. But Acrop is, like, historical. Plus there's a weed dispensary across the street. Only thing is, I'm nervous I'll run into my dad there someday.

The future

Zukle: The plan was never to run a strip club forever. I'm really into real estate; that's my main thing now. I want to build a vegan housing complex. I'd like to build a whole vegan city, maybe somewhere out in Willamette Valley. But I'm the founder of the club, so I'll always be around. It's kind of like KFC and Colonel Sanders: They'll just use me as a mascot. I'll be the vegan Colonel Sanders of the strip club world.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...tm_source=dmfb

I'd walk in both and then decide. They're right next to each other fer Christ's sake.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alleged Robber Brings Gun to Dildo Fight, Loses
    I think this one is the winner!

I would be skittish too if someone kidnapped me and shaved my private parts.

Alleged Cat-Shaver on the Loose in Virginia

(NEWSER) – Someone is shaving cats in Virginia, and police and pet owners alike are at a loss. The Roanoke Times reports at least seven cats in a Waynesboro neighborhood have been shaved, apparently with some type of razor, since December. The cats are being shaved on their lower abdomens and groin areas, according to WVIR. That originally led police to believe someone was abducting the cats and getting them spayed or neutered. However, that appears to not be the case, as some cats have been shaved multiple times.

While the incidents stretch back months, the shavings were just reported to police this week. At least two cat owners have gone to the cops, but no one seems to have seen anyone potentially responsible for the bizarre crimes (and police aren't even sure a crime has been committed). The cats that have been shaved are clearly pets and were wearing collars. While the cats weren't physically harmed in any way, one owner tells WHSV that since being shaved her cat has been "real skittish and he feels really weird around people." Cat owners have put up flyers around the neighborhood warning other residents.
    http://www.newser.com/story/242030/s...-virginia.html

Look for the person with scratch marks on their arms.