Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should robots have to pay taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's like asking "should slaves have to pay taxes."
    No, this is like saying that the owners should have to pay a tax for each slave equal to that payed to the government by a wage earning employee.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Human incomes lost to robots and software, and some people's biggest concern is that government doesn't lose revenue???

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The Prison Industrial Complex could make some big bucks to build cell blocks to detain robots guilty of tax evasion.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I've wanted to kick Bill Gates in the head repeatedly since the mid 1980's. This is not helping me to alleviate that desire.
    I wish like hell I could find a Bloom County strip...it had Opus laying out in his dandelion patch, miffed because just on the other side is Bill "MicroSquash" Gates. Thinking of a way in which to get rid of him he hollers, "Hey Bill! Why don't you sneak a computer code into all the world's computers that will all go off at the same time, turn them all against us and enslave humanity forever!"

Bill snaps alert, with a cloud of cartoon idea fizz around his head, and then runs off.

Opus says: "I deeply apologize in advance".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12