Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC-Explosion in Central Park amputates man's foot.

Exclamation NYC-Explosion in Central Park amputates man's foot.

Blast in Central Park near Elie Wiesel's funeral severs man's foot; police suspect fireworks mishap

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2697682

A blast in Central Park severed the left foot of a young man visiting New York from Virginia Sunday, witnesses said.

The NYPD’s bomb squad was investigating the area of the park near E. 60th St. and Fifth Ave. Cops at the scene suspected a mishap involving fireworks and said it did not appear an explosive device caused the boom heard from blocks away around 11 a.m.

The victim was identified by sources as Connor Golden, 18, from Fairfax, Va.

His foot was “all but gone,” one witness said.

Two of his shocked friends — identified by sources as Thomas Hinds, 20, and Joseph Stabile, 18 — denied they were carrying fireworks moments before being taken away in an ambulance.

"We don't know what happened. There was a small explosion and then dust," said Hinds. "We really don't know."

"We don't know the caliber of the firework," Stabile added.

Police said they were responding to an “amputation incident.”

Medics rushed the victim to Bellevue Hospital.

The explosion was heard by attendees of Elie Wiesel’s funeral on E. 61st St. — though there was no sign the blast was related to the memorial for the Pulitzer Prize winning Holocaust survivor.

"I saw his friends standing there panicking. I saw the young man laying on the grass. His foot is all but gone. His friends claimed he was walking down the rocks and he stepped on it. It looks like there was an explosion,” Murphy said.

He asked the group if they were carrying fireworks or something similar.

“They said, ‘We didn't have anything. He stepped on something!" Murphy recalled.

“It was an explosive of some sort. The damage is just awful. I didn't see any metal. It was very weird.”

He said the victim remained conscious.

"He's a very tough young man. He's got a very severe injury," he said. "We just stayed with him, held his hand and tried to keep him present and make sure he didn't go into shock."

Sara Gordon, 27, was also nearby at the time of the explosion.

"His left foot looked severed. It was very graphic," she said. "I was running back and forth to direct the police here. It sounded like a cannon. I thought it was a 4th of July thing."

Vendor Karma Nyima, 49, of Queens, said he heard the noise as cops ushered him away.

“A lot of people were running. Everybody was scared. I walk over to the guy. His leg looked pretty bad, a lot of blood. Somebody took his belt and tied it around, trying to stop the bleeding,” Nyima said.

A man from Florida nervously scratched his head as he walked from the scene.

"This is terrible," he said. "It's a nice day to be out. It's unnerving."
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NYPD’s bomb squad was investigating the area of the park near E. 60th St. and Fifth Ave. Cops at the scene suspected a mishap involving fireworks and said it did not appear an explosive device caused the boom heard from blocks away around 11 a.m.
    ?? WTF ???
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Weird story.

Did some crazy $#@! plant some kind of DIY landmine or something ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ?? WTF ???
    I just posted a story about the NYC cops ready to "go to war".

And this is being brushed under the rug as a firework mishap?

Maybe the cops left behind a "training" IED.

Explosion in New York's Central Park that seriously injured 18-year-old man linked to high-powered firework

Injured man's friend says Central Park explosion was "definitely not a firecracker."

Hmm.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

That entire article is the worst-written clusterscrew I've ever read. Congratulations, NY Daily News.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    That entire article is the worst-written clusterscrew I've ever read. Congratulations, NY Daily News.
    someone did not have a cover story handy.

They don't know whether to investigate or obfuscate.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Jesus, thank you...I thought it was just me.

In fact, most MSM reporting, especially the lower strata tabloids and such, have been reading like gibberish to me for years now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, most of those lower level articles just add gifs and filler, but at least can agree on a central story.

This one simultaneously has the person stepping on an explosive and a firework, and the fireworks were being carried by one of the people in the group, but another says nothing was carried, and the bomb squad was around, and there was a funeral/memorial service, and and and and...

It's a little kid telling you a story, rambling on, and trying desperately not to implicate themselves.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I just posted a story about the NYC cops ready to "go to war".

And this is being brushed under the rug as a firework mishap?

Maybe the cops left behind a "training" IED.
    My first thought was that this was going to be a FF to give more power to the po-pos.
    There is no spoon.

Now being reported:

Police: Central Park Explosion that Severed a Man's Foot Probably Accidental, Not Caused by Victim

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...stigating.html

An 18-year-old man is seriously hurt in a possible fireworks explosion in Central Park.

Authorities say it happened shortly before 11 a.m. Sunday, inside the park near 68th Street and 5th Avenue.

At a press conference held by the NYPD's bomb squad at the park Sunday night, authorities said the victim and two friends who were with him were not responsible for the explosion.

Police say the man's foot was severed above the ankle in what they believe was a fireworks accident, but the exact cause is still being investigated.

"The explosion could have been an experiment with fireworks or homemade explosives," said Counterterror Chief John O'Connell. "We do not have any evidence of a constructed device or commercial grade fireworks. We believe this could have been put here as some sort of experiment.

"It should also be noted, the victim and his two friends, we do not consider them to be part of the construction of this object," O'Connell added.

One man who was close by when it happened described the scene.

"Everyone in the park, or this end of the park, heard a loud boom," the man said. "It was a loud report. Clearly not a car backfiring, more than a firework. Then heard some young men yelling, went over there on the rocks, and their friend was lying down whose foot was severely injured. And they claim he stepped on something."

Lieutenant Mark Torre, commanding officer of the bomb squad, suggested that the device was made by someone with knowledge of chemistry, but said the result of the explosion seems to have been accidental rather than deliberate.

"There is some forsenic evidence that indicates that it was not meant to go off by somebody stepping on it," Torre said. "It may have not gone off at an earlier time and was just left there."

Authorities say the victim was taken to the hospital.

No one else was hurt.

The bomb squad was still on the scene conducting its investigation as of 6 p.m. Sunday.

"The explosion could have been an experiment with fireworks or homemade explosives,"

"We do not have any evidence of a constructed device or commercial grade fireworks."

well,,
    that clears things up.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The item was not made of gunpowder, but of rudimentary chemicals, the high-ranking police official said.

“The Bomb Squad is looking into what made it go off, but we may never know,” the source said. “It was just bad timing that it went off when this guy landed on it.”

The high-ranking police official said some of the components were similar to “snappers,” which erupt with a loud sound when they are thrown to the ground.

“There were no timers or trips or wires or even shrapnel,” the source said. “It was not set up with any sophistication. If he was going to harm people, he wouldn’t have put it far off the path. They also would have put some nails or ball bearings in it.

It was inside a black plastic bag when it exploded, a high-ranking police source said.

A disintegrated matchbook was found nearby, leading investigators to believe that someone tried to set it off sometime Friday, but left it behind when it didn’t work, the high-ranking police source said.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-04-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Interesting.

Bad timing???...

Hallmark of an al-qaeda attack.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ok,,

so now we are to believe,, that there is a "Snapper" big enough to sever an ankle.

How big would that have to be?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe you guys are a bad influence, but did that statement sound a little too much like telling an asset what to do better next time?

If he was going to harm people, he wouldn’t have put it far off the path. They also would have put some nails or ball bearings in it.
    Also, "in it" would imply a closed device, even if "We do not have any evidence of a constructed device".

I am never the first one on the conspiracy train, but if it is true that NYPD was doing exercises in the park...you cannot work a dog trained to sniff explosives without explosives.

Maybe you guys are a bad influence,.
    One can always hope.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I am never the first one on the conspiracy train, but if it is true that NYPD was doing exercises in the park...you cannot work a dog trained to sniff explosives without explosives.
    That would explain a story being as weird as this.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That's it folks, you heard it here first: Hell has frozen over. Angela and me on the first page of a thread leaning towards this story stinking to high heaven. Have a great day; I'm going to go out scavenging for nice clothes left behind as people are zapped up as part of the Rapture.

That would explain a story being as weird as this.
    That's it folks, you heard it here first: Hell has frozen over. Angela and me on the first page of a thread leaning towards this story stinking to high heaven. Have a great day; I'm going to go out scavenging for nice clothes left behind as people are zapped up as part of the Rapture.

One can always hope.

Indeed.
    There is no spoon.

Ok,,

so now we are to believe,, that there is a "Snapper" big enough to sever an ankle.

How big would that have to be?
    Based on that video above, about the size of pickup truck, I would guess.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the video, each snapper only contains 50 micrograms of the chemical. There are a million micrograms in a gram (that would be equal to 200,000 of the snappers). 28 grams (28 million micrograms) in one ounce.

Mythbusters with five grams (about one sixth of an ounce) of fulminated mercury:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-04-2016 at 12:55 PM.

If only I were on the same page. We could have a party.

While bomb sniffing dogs would need the actual compound, they definitely do not need quantities of those substances that are large enough to cause serious harm in an accident.

Does anyone remember TWA flight 800 ? There were explosives detected in that wreckage and as it turned out there was some kind of exercise with bomb sniffing dogs on that plane in the days leading up to the accident. You only need a very tiny amount of molecules from certain substance in order to detect them. You need a much larger amount to form a dangerous object, IED kinda thing.

I don't know what caused this accident and even when taking into account the stupidity of lawmakers and bureaucrats, I think it's highly unlikely that they used an actual IED type thing and 'forgot about it'. The much more likely scenario is an $#@! of some kind who made some type of IED to $#@! with society. I don't have a lot of faith in government but I wouldn't attribute this to their actions without some actual evidence.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    If only I were on the same page. We could have a party.

While bomb sniffing dogs would need the actual compound, they definitely do not need quantities of those substances that are large enough to cause serious harm in an accident.

Does anyone remember TWA flight 800 ? There were explosives detected in that wreckage and as it turned out there was some kind of exercise with bomb sniffing dogs on that plane in the days leading up to the accident. You only need a very tiny amount of molecules from certain substance in order to detect them. You need a much larger amount to form a dangerous object, IED kinda thing.

I don't know what caused this accident and even when taking into account the stupidity of lawmakers and bureaucrats, I think it's highly unlikely that they used an actual IED type thing and 'forgot about it'. The much more likely scenario is an $#@! of some kind who made some type of IED to $#@! with society. I don't have a lot of faith in government but I wouldn't attribute this to their actions without some actual evidence.
    There's no telling. It's happened before...

How the CIA managed to leave explosives on a school bus

Briar Woods High School, a half-hour drive from the CIA's headquarters in Northern Virginia, might have provided an ideal training ground for the agency's bomb-sniffing dogs. Its labyrinthine hallways and voluminous classrooms are home to something that can wreak havoc for the canines: polished floors, which cause dogs to slip and lose their focus as they hunt for explosives.

That was one reason the school, which educates nearly 1,700 students in Ashburn, played host to a CIA dog team for a training exercise while students were away for spring break last week, according to the Loudoun County school system. But the choice to go to a public school for the quiet exercise has led to an only-in-Washington embarrassment for the elite spy agency, which left explosive material behind in the engine compartment of a school bus that then shuttled special-needs schoolchildren for two days this week.

A mechanic discovered and removed the explosive putty - which county Supervisor Koran Saines, D-Sterling, said was the demolition explosive C-4 - during a routine bus maintenance check Wednesday. Until then, no one noticed that it was missing.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...401-story.html

Calling it a homemade device now.

edit,

I am not buying that. I just posted that is what they are saying.

Those who know better will not believe that some tricked up tannerite blew a foot off.

this did not happen exactly in the manner described..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-04-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There's no telling. It's happened before...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...401-story.html
    Thank you.. was looking for that.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

$400 a gram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast