Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Up with Silver?

What's Up with Silver?

What's Up with Silver

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uncertainty. When traditional currency drops, people look to put their money in something more stable. Also, I was reading that silver will be used more in health care and technology and it's projected to keep rising, albeit not like it has the past week. I forgot where I read that but it was about nano silver.

But if you go back to the point in time where gold and silver were making those highs, a lot of money has been printed since then not only in the United States but all around the world, and the US economy is in far worse shape. In fact, many other countries, the reason that there was such a violent reaction in the financial markets to Brexit wasn’t because Brexit is so terrible. It just shows you how precarious the global financial system is. It’s all perched upon these props of cheap money and central banking. It’s all based on hype and hope and confidence. And when something shakes the confidence, you see the immediate result. The central bankers are gonna do everything they can to keep this bubble from deflating, and that means more money printing not only here but around the world, and all the naysayers, all the people who have been saying that, oh, the guys like Peter Schiff are wrong, the Fed was right, Bernanke was right, he was the hero, Paul Krugman was right, there is no inflation, all the people that had these premature victory laps are gonna have a lot of egg on their face.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/07/...ail-free-card/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

< skipping the obvious Lone Ranger joke that got me temp banned the last time. >

It has been obviously under valued for some time . I fully expected it to pick up this summer.

Where are we at , up a dollar and a half in the past five days or so ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Where are we at , up a dollar and a half in the past five days or so ?
    Brexit fallout? <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Brexit fallout? <shrug>
    Just a sign of more to come I imagine.

damn, it's on a $#@!ing tear

up 35% since the beginning of June, 50% year to date

http://charts.kitco.com/KitcoCharts/...od=31536000000
    Last edited by jct74; 07-03-2016 at 08:30 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just passed $21. that was quick.

I'm with oyarde, it's been undervalued and it's gonna keep going up. I don't think it's gonna keep up at the pace it's going now but there really are all kinds of new industrial uses for silver from what I've been reading.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm with oyarde, it's been undervalued and it's gonna keep going up. I don't think it's gonna keep up at the pace it's going now but there really are all kinds of new industrial uses for silver from what I've been reading.
    The noise you hear coming from silver is just the air leaking out of the going flat Federal Reserve Note.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

What do y'all predict to be the best time boy some? In the next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    What do y'all predict to be the best time boy some? In the next year or so
    "Prediction is difficult, especially when it's about the future." -- Yogi Berra

Looks to be steadying out a bit @ 20 1/3 .

Quick question:

How do you wonderful people store your physical silver coins and rounds? In tubes or do you put them individually into coin capsules?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Quick question:

How do you wonderful people store your physical silver coins and rounds? In tubes or do you put them individually into coin capsules?
    In baggies in my safe.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In baggies in my safe.
    Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger safe too

Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger safe too
    You can recycle your baggies, btw

You can recycle your baggies, btw
    Which baggies? The ones that used to contain green dried flowers? Hehe

Which baggies? The ones that used to contain green dried flowers? Hehe

Quick question:

For individuals , 2x2 holders that ya flip over and staple , they run less than a nickel ea ,I buy them by the 100 count in every coin size. For a whole roll or partial , in the tube. The capsules , I do not use.

Thanks! I feel like I'm finally on the path of liberty since my awakening as I finally grabbed up some silver this weekend. Next step... gold

Thanks! I feel like I'm finally on the path of liberty since my awakening as I finally grabbed up some silver this weekend. Next step... gold
    I would suggest going with the minimum 14 long gun safe to start with , those usually come pre drilled and hardware to bolt it to the floor and wall, that way you will not run out of room for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would suggest going with the minimum 14 long gun safe to start with , those usually come pre drilled and hardware to bolt it to the floor and wall, that way you will not run out of room for awhile.
    Separate from where I keep my guns? The guy at the coin show said not to store silver near gun oil, as it tarnishes the silver.

I was thinking about getting a small fireproof safe, to also keep some important documents, hard drives etc... in, but if I'm going to be diversifying... I may need something very large indeed as thing are going well lately.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Separate from where I keep my guns? The guy at the coin show said not to store silver near gun oil, as it tarnishes the silver.

I was thinking about getting a small fireproof safe, to also keep some important documents, hard drives etc... in, but if I'm going to be diversifying... I may need something very large indeed as thing are going well lately.
    The larger ones usually come with a shelf above the guns , Stack On makes a smaller one that bolts to the top of the others , I was thinking about getting one of those myself.

Looks like currently , Silver 20.12 and Gold 1361 1/2 .

I have one roll of silver eagles looks like I'm up like 5 combo meals of value!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I have one roll of silver eagles looks like I'm up like 5 combo meals of value!!
    Nice .

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Nice .

Gold @ 1365 , Silver @ 20 1/4 . Bank Of America Meryl Lynch is expecting silver @ 30 and gold @ 1500 in a report they released yesterday .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast