Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA, cops beat disabled girl bloody in airport

Angry TSA, cops beat disabled girl bloody in airport

Disabled Teen Beaten Bloody By TSA Agents After Intrusive Search Confused and Frightened Her

Jay Syrmopoulos July 1, 2016 10 Comments
    3.7KShare 14 1 23Reddit 22Tweet 9Email
    MEMPHIS, TN – A special needs teenager returning home from a brain tumor treatment at St. Jude Hospital was left battered, bloodied and in jail after an encounter with TSA agents at a security checkpoint.
    It’s a trip they’ve made for 17-years, according to the teen’s mother Shirley Cohen, but this one was unlike any they had experienced before – and hopefully never have to experience again.
    Upon arriving at the security checkpoint with her mother, Hannah Cohen, 19, set off a metal detector and was identified for further screening by TSA agents.
    “They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn’t understand what they were about to do,” said her mother, Shirley Cohen.
    Shirley Cohen, upon realizing her daughter’s confusion at the situation, attempted to tell the TSA agents that her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused. However, police restrained her from doing so, as she was kept away from the TSA agents, according to WREG 3.
    The frightened and confused disabled teen – not understanding what was transpiring due to her disabilities – attempted to flee. She was violently taken to the ground, causing the young woman, who had just finished a brain tumor treatment, to hit her head on the ground.
    “She’s trying to get away from them, but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor,” Shirley Cohen said. “There was blood everywhere.”

The young woman, who should have been celebrating the end of her treatment at St. Jude, was ultimately taken from Memphis International Airport in handcuffs. Terrified and bloodied, she was arrested and booked into jail for the night.
    “Here we were with nowhere to go, not even a toothbrush, our bags had gone to Chattanooga,” said Shirley Cohen.
    While all charges against Hanna Cohen were subsequently dismissed, the family has filed a lawsuit against the Memphis International Airport, Transportation Security Administration and the Memphis Airport Police.
    The organizations have refused to comment due to pending litigation, but Sari Koshetz of the TSA released a statement that said, “Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation.”
    Shirley Cohen can’t believe that her daughter had to needlessly go through such a traumatic experience after having already been through so much in her 19-years.
    “She’s 19 but she’ll always be my baby. We’ve been through so much.”
    This type of reckless behavior is indicative of a system that emphasizes protocol over common sense. Had anyone simply taken the time to listen to the girl’s mother as she attempted to inform the TSA agents of her daughter’s disabilities all of this could have been avoided.
    Therein lies the true problem with the ever-growing security state in the United States – if you only have a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dis...1HgE08reYqX.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My anger,,

will not be displayed here.
    and the remedy can not be discussed.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

FWIW, a moronic $#@! who can actually justify this:

what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    My anger,,

A-men to that, brother.

Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom.
    So $#@!ing free you can taste it.

Disgusting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The video does not portray the entire event. You would have had to been there to understand exactly what and why this took place.

My anger,,

Agreed.

Disabled St. Jude patient sues airport and TSA after bloody scuffle with Airport Police

Posted 10:13 pm, June 30, 2016, by Wayne Carter

http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-...irport-police/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. --- Bloodied and bruised Hannah Cohen was led from Memphis International Airport in handcuffs.

The 19-year old was headed home to Chattanooga after treatment for a brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital June 30, 2015.

It's a trip they've made for 17 years.

This time, an unarmed Hannah, set off the metal detector at a security checkpoint

“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn't understand what they were about to do," said her mother Shirley Cohen.

Cohen told us she tried to tell TSA agents her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused, but said she was kept at a distance by police.

“She's trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere,” said Cohen.

Hannah was arrested, booked and on the night she should have been celebrating the end of her treatment, she was locked up in Jail East.

“Here we were with nowhere to go, not even a toothbrush, our bags had gone to Chattanooga,” said Cohen.

Authorities later threw out the charges but the family filed a lawsuit against the Memphis Airport, Airport Police, and the Transportation Security Administration.

None of them would comment citing the suit, but Sari Koshetz of TSA released a statement that said, “Passengers can call ahead of time to learn more about the screening process for their particular needs or medical situation.”

Cohen said after all the help here, she can't believe it ended like this.

(Welcome to AmeriKa, mom. - AF)

“She's 19 but she'll always be my baby. We've been through so much.”

#gotGAZZA?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The video does not portray the entire event. You would have had to been there to understand exactly what and why this took place.
    What could possibly justify getting at all "physical" with a disabled and unarmed girl? In my day that was a strong mark of a coward and bullying thug.

Come fly the friendly lies.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

My anger,,

On. The. Nose.
    There is no spoon.

Now, now, now comrades. She was just this month's virgin sacrifice to the costumed gods of safety. The tree of safety must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of the innocent and the helpless.

If not her, it could have been us!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    What could possibly justify getting at all "physical" with a disabled and unarmed girl? In my day that was a strong mark of a coward and bullying thug.
    Officer safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Did The Texan hack your account, or are you serious?

ID the perps and hunt them like game. Apprehend and dispense proper justice, leaving a sign explaining what was done, why, and make sure the warning to all others vested in the public trust is made loud and clear. No government stooge should ever feel safe where things like this are concerned. Their careers should be defined by a deeply seated terror of the consequences for violating the rights of others in the course of their duties, knowing they will disappear without a trace if they run afoul of their best behavior. This is the only way we, the "people" will ever regain and maintain control over these people.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I'm ok with this if it makes us safer.

Thank you TSA!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Officer safety.
    Indeed, that makes everything hunky-dory okaaaay.... not

TSA is blaming the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Goons gonna goon the disabled (but they have many times already, haven't they??)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Between grilling, watching fireworks and enjoying your cold brew this holiday weekend, take the time to remember the brave men and women at TSA who will beat up a little girl so you can be free.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She did this to herself.
    I'm sure FrankRep would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    TSA is blaming the cops.

I reckon it was the cops that were the ones who actually beat her down.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by ligant View Post
    She did this to herself.
    I'm sure FrankRep would agree.
    OK, who are you really? Frank's been gone long before Sep. '15 and you have only 15 posts to your name.

I reiterate: who are you really?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I knew I should have stayed out out of this thread. $#@! the lawsuit, there would be no lawsuit.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    TSA is blaming the cops.

Yea, after the TSA called for the airport police to intervene. Because the TSA would never dare lie, cheat, steal, run drugs, get high, fire off weapons from hotel windows, or misuse their power to feel up attractive females, young girls, have a good laugh over passenger penises, or spread disease by making thousands of passengers walk around barefoot while feeling their bodies up and going through their luggage with the same pair of gloves.

The TSA, protecting our politically clueless passengers daily on the blatant lie and coverup of 09/11/2001, by beating the $#@! out of the weak, helpless, disabled, handicapped and elderly; and then criminally charging their dumb-asses with an endless list of utter bull$#@!.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

"Reports on the unfortunate situation in Memphis are inaccurate. Police responded when the passenger refused screening or to leave." Okay, so this statement is about as ambiguous as they get. Inaccurate reports-Was the disabled girl mauled before police responded, or after? By saying they responded when the passenger refused screening or to leave, they don't say much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast