Thread: Happy Secession Day Weekend!!!!

Happy Secession Day Weekend!!!!

Happy Secession Day Weekend!!!!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I plan on celebrating with some America beer (buttweiser has an America can) and shooting off my stash of illegal fireworks too late in the evening. I'll probably be breaking open container laws walking down our street with my can of America and I imagine the smoke I emit when I smoke a pork butt on Sunday will be enough to warrant a visit from my local fire department. I'm on a short leash with them because they've already caught me burning wood illegally this year. Yay, freedom!!!

Suzexit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Happy Birthday to me!

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

You can listen at the link.

Jeff Deist with Michael Boldin: Unyoking Ourselves

This weekend, Michael Boldin from the Tenth Amendment Center joins Jeff Deist for a discussion of pure tactics and strategy.

In the wake of Brexit, do libertarians have a real opportunity to make the case for breaking away? Is it time to stop trying to convince millions that liberty is better, and start unyoking ourselves? Can secession and nullification movements really work against political elites? And how do we get started at the local level? Michael is the perfect guest to answer these questions.

https://mises.org/library/michael-bo...king-ourselves

It should be a day of reflection and mourning, the despotism embraced by America. The bank of England still owns this country. People have forgotten the meaning for the American revolution. Unlawful taxes and violence. "From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants".
    Last edited by kfarnan; 07-02-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Dammit, I built my AR too early... it's not born on the 4th of July...
    I probably can't make it that far without "consummating our relationship", either...

Still, 'Merka!

Government “Authorized” Ways to Celebrate Your Freedoms this 4th of July

http://targetfreedom.com/cfr/governm...4th-of-july-3/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fun 4th of July conversation starter:

At 4th of July events, don't stand for any vague, bad policy, government worship moments. Have a good answer ready, and a copy of the declaration, BoR, etc. Whatever you want to focus on this year.

Offer to recite the BoR with them, etc. Best of luck!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

At 4th of July events, don't stand for any vague, bad policy, government worship moments. Have a good answer ready, and a copy of the declaration, BoR, etc. Whatever you want to focus on this year.

The BoR on "Independence Day"? (The real Independence day was the 2nd, not the 4th) Weird IMO, but up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The BoR on "Independence Day"? (The real Independence day was the 2nd, not the 4th) Weird IMO, but up to you.
    lol It sounds better when you say it...

It's why I wrote: Whatever you want to focus on this year.
    Try not looking at your sheet music once in a while, ya goof.

A very Happy 13EXIT to yourself and all!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

You're either very talented or you don't drink as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You're either very talented or you don't drink as much as I do.
    Not very, and probably not.

It's the 3rd option, I misspoke myself. Apologies. Reading off of a paper, isn't the same as reciting.
    Ron Paul

Not very, and probably not.

It's the 3rd option, I misspoke myself. Apologies. Reading off of a paper, isn't the same as reciting.
    I doubt I could do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Government “Authorized” Ways to Celebrate Your Freedoms this 4th of July

http://targetfreedom.com/cfr/governm...4th-of-july-3/
    Let me guess , nowhere does it say I can have a War Party take scalps in Washington ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That makes those guys so likeable .

I need these fireworks. When I Suzexit and start my own country (so far, I've taken over the pool), I'm gonna need these for my Suzcession Day party.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Under King George my tax rate would have been roughly 30 percent less than what i pd before i retired .
    Do something Danke

By 1791 taxes had been raised , used to build an Army to be unleashed on the people .
    Do something Danke

3 Things to Remember on Independence Day

One: If You Can't Secede, You're Not Really Free

The very first sentence of the Declaration of Independence lays it out. Sometimes, "it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another..."

The document then goes on to list in detail why 1776's specific act of secession was justified and necessary for preserving the rights of the colonists.

By the 19th century, this philosophy of self-determination would become a foundational element of the ideology now known internationally as liberalism — or "classical liberalism" in the United States.

Not surprisingly, we find this idea in the later writings of liberals such as Ludwig von Mises who, writing in Vienna in 1927, concluded:

It must always be possible to shift the boundaries of the state if the will of the inhabitants of an area to attach themselves to a state other than the one to which they presently belong has made itself clearly known...

[W]henever the inhabitants of a particular territory ... make it known ... that they no longer wish to remain united to the state to which they belong at the time ... their wishes are to be respected and complied with.
    Mises, like Jefferson, understood that without this right of self-determination, there is no freedom.

Nevertheless, modern opponents of self-determination and secession will claim that secession cannot be tolerated because it is not "legal."

This is scarcely relevant. After all, the colonial uprising against the King was not "legal," and it hardly matters whether political victors consider any breakaway secession movements legal. Times and societies change, and nothing is forever or written in stone.

For Mises, secession must be tolerated for pragmatic reasons. It is "the only feasible and effective way of preventing revolutions and civil and international wars." But For Jefferson, as for his fellow secessionists, it was a moral imperative, whether "treasonous" or not.

https://mises.org/blog/3-things-reme...dependence-day

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Secession is a deeply American principle. This country was born through secession."
    - Ron Paul