Thread: Gary Johnson to appear on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher tonight

Gary Johnson to appear on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher tonight

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This could be good for Gary if he does well. If I recall correctly progressives, not the Hillary kind, love them some Bill Maher.

Cool. Two fake libertarians; together at last.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Cool. Two fake libertarians; together at last.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Who? Maher? I thought he was a progressive spokesperson? He considers himself a libertarian? I know he had a few good things to say about Ron but IIRC it was always followed up with the standard "doesn't have a hope in hell of winning."
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-01-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Who? Maher? I thought he was a progressive spokesperson? He considers himself a libertarian? I know he had a few good things to say about Ron but IIRC it was always followed up with the standard "doesn't have a hope in hell of winning."
    Yeah, Maher likes to claim he is libertarian.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, Maher likes to claim he is libertarian.
    Ah, well Gary should be a good fit on his show then if he considers himself a liberal/libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ah, well Gary should be a good fit on his show then if he considers himself a liberal/libertarian.
    They both really like weed, which pretty much is the foundational plank of the LP
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They both really like weed, which pretty much is the foundational plank of the LP
    I'm sure they will both bake before the show so watch for signs of it. Red droopy eyes, incoherent train of thought, giggling at in appropriate times. Of course, we probably wouldn't be able to tell with Gary.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    15-20 years ago Maher called himself a libertarian. He dropped that line at least ten years ago.
    Last edited by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo; 07-01-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    15-29 years ago Maher called himself a libertarian. He dropped that line at least ten years ago.
    He's done it since then. Because I hadn't even heard of him before RP ran for president these last two times.
    ================

People who think do not fit into neat categories of political views. They take from various areas. Personally I respect people more who are willing to do that and be willing to get criticized by every one of their own groups for not being pure enough.

Anyone can take a minute to look up Maher's political views and see that he's a bit of a mix and at least isn't one of those "I support whatever Hillary wants" jackasses.

No matter what happens on the show, Gary appearing on the show will be good exposure for helping people think beyond the one party.

He is more coherent and less twitchy than usual tonight.

Nothing really bad about the interview.

While we wait for a tube... How about a flash from the past?

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Gary seemed calm and in control. He was able to segue into his talking points, and get his points across. The audience was receptive. Bill Maher sort of tried to paint many people in the LP as crazies, but Johnson pointed out that there are crazies among the major parties, too. Maher made Gary seem reasonable in comparison. I thought the interview went quite well, and, importantly, it will likely be seen by 4 million HBO viewers this week, and then seen by millions more on YouTube later.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    While we wait for a tube... How about a flash from the past?

except for overtime it will never be on youtube. HBO watches their copyright like a hungry hawk. but there are plenty of torrent and download sites

Check out the Pavlovian reaction to the words "marriage equality." Clapping like trained seals.

Maher is only having Johnson on because he thinks he'll siphon more support from Republicans. This is the idiot who literally got on his knees with Michael Moore and begged Nader not to run again. He has no real respect for third parties whatsoever.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wIXjDZSwbw (starts around the 3:50 min mark)

Johnson will take votes from Hillary also, pro-pot, and CA has a referendum this year. plus anti-corruption Dems

Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Gary seemed calm and in control. He was able to segue into his talking points, and get his points across. The audience was receptive. Bill Maher sort of tried to paint many people in the LP as crazies, but Johnson pointed out that there are crazies among the major parties, too. Maher made Gary seem reasonable in comparison. I thought the interview went quite well, and, importantly, it will likely be seen by 4 million HBO viewers this week, and then seen by millions more on YouTube later.
    Yea. Really looks like he's gotten some good coaching since the town hall. He's admitted that it's a weakness that he's getting help with.
    Repetition, repetition, repetition.