Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson polling at 16% in Iowa, 14% in NM, 16% in Utah, 19% in Alaska

Gary Johnson polling between 10-19% in 17 states

The Iowa poll, showing Johnson at 16%, comes from Evolving Strategies/Ballotpedia, and the poll was conducted from June 10th through the 22nd.

The New Mexico poll, with Johnson at 14%, was taken last month and comes from PPP.

The Utah poll, with Johnson at 16%, comes from Gravis. Survey USA gives Johnson 13% in Utah.

The Alaska number, with Johnson at 19%, comes from 538.com.

Other states with Johnson polling well include:
    Michigan (12%)
    Ohio (15%
    or 14%)
    Arizona (10%).
    Florida - Johnson 14% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22)
    Michigan - Johnson 14% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22) [Previous poll was 12%]
    Pennsylvania - Johnson 13% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22)
    Virginia - Johnson 11% (Evolving Strategies poll, June 10-22) [Previous poll was at 6%]
    Wisconsin - Johnson 16% (Greenberg Quinlan Rosner poll ,released June 30th)
    North Carolina - Johnson 10% (Evolving Strategies poll, released June 29th)
    New Hampshire - Johnson 10% (Greenberg Quinlan Rosner poll ,released June 30th)
    California - Johnson 10% (Field Poll, released July 5th)
    Vermont - Johnson 10% (FM3 Poll, released July 7th)
    Colorado - Johnson 13% (released July 13th) there. [Previous poll was at 9%]
    Utah - Johnson 16%
    Georgia - Johnson 11%, Aug 4th

These are great numbers, especially considering almost no money has yet been spent on the campaign. In many states, Johnson's already polling very close to 15% or 538 is estimating numbers close to 15%.
    Last edited by RJ Liberty; 08-05-2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Edited to add new polls

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm planning to vote for him, too.

Nothing against Gary, but before any egos ballon out of proportion, these are votes are against Hillary and Trump, not necessarily for Gary.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yay for a North American Union and world government.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Good I hope he will poll good enough to at least get in the debate. I am going to vote for him I just can't vote for Trump or Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Good I hope he will poll good enough to at least get in the debate. I am going to vote for him I just can't vote for Trump or Hillary
    Yeah, gotta love that his running mate co-chaired the CFR's task force, "Building a North American Community". Real liberty stuff there.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nothing against Gary, but before any egos ballon out of proportion, these are votes are against Hillary and Trump, not necessarily for Gary.
    No doubt that's true. Still, the numbers are impressive. We haven't seen third party numbers like these since the days of Perot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    doesn't matter how. a negative vote is easier to get than a vote for someone. Johnson is everyone's 1st or 2nd choice. 15% means debates. a heath crisis or legal problem could easily put him in 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, gotta love that his running mate co-chaired the CFR's task force, "Building a North American Community". Real liberty stuff there.
    So you tell me what is better about Trump or Hillary? I can't think of one thing at least Johnson won't be trying to start WWIII. Trump is considering Chrispy Cream for VP that alone is enough not to vote for him. I really almost lost it when I saw him paling around with Obama. Hillary will likely put in big gun control I feel like the only choice I have left is Johnson.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-10-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Do I get a ban for neg repping a moderator? This logic does not work well with a group that has a history of write in votes for Ron Paul.
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 07-01-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Do I get a ban for neg repping a moderator? This logic does not work well with a group that has a history of write in votes for Ron Paul.
    You make a good point, Dean. Any time we vote for someone outside the two-party system, we're voting against the two-party system.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    So?
    So, even if Gary managed to get 16%, the LP would most likely go back to getting 1% next cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

In those states, it does not surprise me at all. Too bad he hasn't got above 15% nationally yet.

Maybe if Clinton or her flunkies get indicted and Trump continues to go off the reservation, enough will peel off both major parties to get Johnson into the debates. Not likely but possible. He really needs a huge donor to get the ads going online and TV to get his name out there.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Ironic that this is coming from a Trump supporter, right?

I mean, I'm not a big fan of Johnson or Weld, but this is really the pot calling the kettle black.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

New Johnson/Weld ad just came out. It'll be interesting to see how it works. I don't think it is a bad ad. They don't attack other candidates but instead boost themselves as a team.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-10-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    In those states, it does not surprise me at all. Too bad he hasn't got above 15% nationally yet.
    Not yet. But many of the state polls and 538.com's estimates look very encouraging. In 21 states, 538.com already forecasts Gary getting between 11% and 19%, based on polls and historic election data. This is before any serious money has been spent on Gary's campaign.

Maybe if Clinton or her flunkies get indicted and Trump continues to go off the reservation, enough will peel off both major parties to get Johnson into the debates. Not likely but possible. He really needs a huge donor to get the ads going online and TV to get his name out there.
    One huge donor (like the Kochs), or lots of small donations. But Bill Weld's done fundraising before, and he seemed confident in the CNN town hall that they could raise a serious amount of cash. He previously stated they'd need $20 million to mount a serious campaign, and he's raised big amounts before. Drew Carey is holding a big LP fundraiser on July 23rd, and Johnson has formed a joint fundraising committee with 15 state LP offices. Plus, Bill's former partners have formed a Super PAC. Will any of it matter? I don't know, but it does seem like major fundraising efforts are underway.

I am quite shocked to be honest. It would seem we need to be let in the debates now.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-10-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So, even if Gary managed to get 16%, the LP would most likely go back to getting 1% next cycle.
    Maybe, maybe not. The GOP is in a downward spiral. They can't get their platform together. Trump can't win this year because he barely polls 50% with registered republicans. The last time there was three consecutive terms of a democrat president was FDR; before the term limit.

The GOP has just lost touch with the voting class and has making itself into a third party for many years. It creates a great void for the LP.
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 07-01-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Maybe, maybe not. The GOP is in a downward spiral. They can't get their platform together. Trump can't win this year because he barely polls 50% with registered republicans. The last time there was three consecutive terms of a democrat president was FDR; before the term limit.

The GOP has just lost touch with the voting class and has making itself into a third party for many years. It create a great void for the LP.
    Yeah, well the GOP has lost touch with the voters and the LP has lost touch with the liberty movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    New Johnson/Weld ad just came out. It'll be interesting to see how it works. I don't think it is a bad ad. They don't attack other candidates but instead boost themselves as a team.

Great ad. Got me pretty excited, actually. I think "You In?" is good branding.

Weld has the best line - "Small, efficient government that treats the American people like family instead of livestock."

I'd love to see this ad get serious exposure.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

What "logic" do you disagree with? I did not say to not vote for the Libertarian candidate. I did not say to vote for Hillary or Trump. By all means, vote Libertarian.

My point is simple. It's not necessarily about the candidate. If Lindsey Graham was the Libertarian candidate, and was polling at 15%, would it be because Lindsey is awe inspiring, or just that people are looking towards an alternative to the GOP/Dem candidates? It's not as simple as "Lindsey is great, he is pulling in more votes than any other Libertarian ever!"

Bottom line: vote Libertarian, whether you love Gary or not.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So?
    You answered your own question:

Maybe. But if they can crack that 5% threshold, and if (and that is a BIG if) they get a clue and nominate a better candidate in 2020, there's a chance you might be wrong.

I can hope.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-10-2016 at 05:25 PM.

I hope if GJ makes it into a Presidential debate, that he takes full advantage of it. He's going to need a much stronger showing than what I saw on that CNN town hall. I hope he's preparing for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I hope if GJ makes it into a Presidential debate, that he takes full advantage of it. He's going to need a much stronger showing than what I saw on that CNN town hall. I hope he's preparing for it now.
    I think right now, the focus is on getting to 15% nationally. Gary has two months to convince the American people to vote for him, which means doing the talk show circuit and as many public appearances as possible (check!). No point in wasting time honing your debate skills if you aren't going to be in the debate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic