Thread: Talk Of Moving TSA Checkpoints Outside

Talk Of Moving TSA Checkpoints Outside

DALLAS (CBS11) – Show your ID, take off your shoes, hand over the carry-on and maybe, just maybe, get a pat-down!

TSA checkpoints are a hassle travelers have come to accept, but new layers of security could further test your patience.

Recent attacks on international airports in Brussels and Istanbul have some government agencies looking at expanded security perimeters.

In both cases, terrorists in Brussels and Istanbul were able to bring bombs into airports, but not past checkpoints.
    Moving those checkpoints to the curb or inspecting cars as they first enter the airport could keep terrorists from ever making it inside.

“Everyone’s talking about it,” said aviation security expert Denny Kelly. “They’re talking about it in terms of, ‘Can we do this? And if we do it, what’s it going to cost us?'”
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/06/29/t...oints-outside/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a good idea apart from the heat or the cold. How are they going to do that.

Easy to do it in Istanbul or Madrid not in Minnesota or Arizona.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Noting that they did that in Turkey- it just moved the targets- which are crowds of people- outside and even easier to attack.

I don't think we'll be safe until there is government checkpoint in our homes.

What have you got to hide comrade?

I have been arguing TSA is pointless for years, for years, for the possibility of a Brussels styled attack. To wit, TSA is just now realizing this? Governmental malfeasance at best? So their answer is to move their checkpoints to the sidewalks whereas "terrorists" can then do drive-up bombings using motorcycles, SUVs, tractor-trailers, and whatever form of mobile transportation from countless access points? TSA utterly a useless agency.

And why is it called the Transportation Security Administration? As it is just supposed to be for airport passengers boarding planes?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

That is the answer, we need a fore-check appointment agency to screen you at your place of residence prior to arriving at the external precheck line to then screen you for the internal check-in activation screening line and then just for extra good measure there should be a final post-checkout screening line to ensure that all are accounted and nothing was left behind by any passengers.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

What makes you think there's not?

Forwarded. Thanks.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the government should just turn the entire country into a police state in order to prevent crime? Kind of like a prison I guess.... I mean no crime ever happens in a prison...
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 07-01-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    It's a good idea apart from the heat or the cold. How are they going to do that.

Easy to do it in Istanbul or Madrid not in Minnesota or Arizona.
    Exactly my thought. No one's going to be flying out of Phoenix or Tucson in June. No one will want to fly out of Minneapolis or Anchorage in December. People will start dying of heat stroke, or exposure to the elements, waiting in long lines. All so grandma can be frisked by a TSA agent, grandpa can be forced to take off his artificial leg, and everyone gets ripped off by TSA agent-thieves, all in the name of "safety".

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Exactly my thought. No one's going to be flying out of Phoenix or Tucson in June. No one will want to fly out of Minneapolis or Anchorage in December. People will start dying of heat stroke, or exposure to the elements, waiting in long lines. All so grandma can be frisked by a TSA agent, grandpa can be forced to take off his artificial leg, and everyone gets ripped off by TSA agent-thieves, all in the name of "safety".
    Why do you hate the children?

Disabled St. Jude patient sues airport and TSA after bloody scuffle with Airport Police

http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-...irport-police/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. --- Bloodied and bruised Hannah Cohen was led from Memphis International Airport in handcuffs.

The 19-year old was headed home to Chattanooga after treatment for a brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital.

It's a trip they've made for 17-years.

This time, an unarmed Hannah, set off the metal detector at a security checkpoint

“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn't understand what they were about to do," said her mother Shirley Cohen.

Cohen told us she tried to tell TSA agents her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused, but said she was kept at a distance by police.

“She's trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere,” said Cohen.

Hannah was arrested, booked and on the night she should have been celebrating the end of her treatment, she was locked up in Jail East.

Ironic advert is ironic. And Matt still ignores formatting in his copy-pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why do you hate the children?
    Heh. Yeah, I forgot about the children. Remember that one time, when that 10-year-old girl got patted down by TSA molesters/agents because she accidentally left her juice box in her backpack? They say the "examination" only lasted an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Interesting.... I simply leave it on WYSIWYG when posting. But I also have the default forum color scheme setting (white background).
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Also every keystroke....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Interesting.... I simply leave it on WYSIWYG when posting. But I also have the default forum color scheme setting (white background).
    Of course you would. I know you won't ever understand the struggles, that we black background people go through.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Pipe down, you.

Freedom Day is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Disabled St. Jude patient sues airport and TSA after bloody scuffle with Airport Police

http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-...irport-police/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. --- Bloodied and bruised Hannah Cohen was led from Memphis International Airport in handcuffs.

The 19-year old was headed home to Chattanooga after treatment for a brain tumor at St. Jude Hospital.

It's a trip they've made for 17-years.

This time, an unarmed Hannah, set off the metal detector at a security checkpoint

“They wanted to do further scanning, she was reluctant, she didn't understand what they were about to do," said her mother Shirley Cohen.

Cohen told us she tried to tell TSA agents her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused, but said she was kept at a distance by police.

“She's trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere,” said Cohen.

Hannah was arrested, booked and on the night she should have been celebrating the end of her treatment, she was locked up in Jail East.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Noting that they did that in Turkey- it just moved the targets- which are crowds of people- outside and even easier to attack.
    What's important is if the TSA agents are safer.

Pipe down, you.

Freedom Day is almost here.
    The occasional deaf,blind,&paralyzed 19-year-old cancer patient bloodied & bruised and thrown in jail,

is a small price to pay,

for the TSA keeping us all safe.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hey, I can see that one!

A checkpoint outside of every home. Maybe they could use camera's? Before you get to leave your house in the morning, you have to a. strip b. turn out your pockets c. pledge fealty to the state d.pay a fine.

There is no place a person is so exposed as an airport security line , moving it outside would increase it .

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What makes you think there's not?
    Isn't that what "smart phones" are?
    Seems they have a lot of people trained to carry their surveillance device and keep it charged and maintained and even pay for the privilege of doing so.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Enough with the crazy talk. There will not be TSA checkpoints in your home. Home surveillance is a different department. But both random and permanent internal TSA checkpoints within 100 miles of an airport are reasonable.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Enough with the crazy talk. There will not be TSA checkpoints in your home. Home surveillance is a different department. But both random and permanent internal TSA checkpoints within 100 miles of an airport are reasonable.
    Not safe enough, you need to safen up.

If 100 mile checkpoints are safe, 200 mile checkpoints are twice as safe.

There is a vague notion of why this is stupid, but there are also dozens of specifics.

First off, kudos to them for catching up to stuff I've been saying since I was a little kid. No points, though, for not realizing their cure is worse than the disease for everyone else (okay maybe they realize it).

During one of the news reports about potentially moving security to at least the curb, someone pulled up in a cab, got out, threw a large plastic drink bottle into the recycling receptacle, then drove away. I rewound it and pointed out to my parents "that could easily be a bomb and no one is paying any attention; there's no real way to stop that."

Anyplace you have a spot to pay, to be searched, wait, or to provide information, you are going to have a bottleneck. This means the exits where you have to pay, the cashiers at stores and restaurants, the ticket counters, the baggage claims, the taxi stands, the rental car counters, and the security checkpoints. Many of the airports I've been in are structured so that multiple of these places are literally on top of one another. First story might be baggage and rental cars, second is ticketing and security. None of these areas require a security check to get to. Let's pretend that they do require checkpoints before all of these areas. Will they bypass security for deliveries to those restaurants and stores? What about the employees? What will happen now that the bottleneck is moved out and the perimeter area is made larger?

Moreover, putting up security checkpoints that resemble border crossings causes additional problems. Many of them would currently interfere with interstate/highway traffic. There are an awful lot of public roads over which planes fly very much within range of weaponry. How much will it cost to reroute those?

At what point (many of you are past that point already, but it bears remembering that most are not) do you factor in the time and hassle of all of this and decide it's easier to rent a car? Hell, if I won a bunch of money and wanted to visit someplace really far away, I'm starting to think a ship might be a better bet. Right now, the security checkpoints get a pass partly because they are located similarly to the old ones. There were the old metal detectors with the little belt for your belongings, and the cup for change and keys and you'd possibly have to remove some jewelry and the like. You walked through. You picked your stuff up and walked on, possibly to see your family member off at the gate --- remember that? --- or maybe even to have a smoke while waiting for your flight. My point is that, even when you were able to carry all kinds of metal on the flight, you went through the stupid little checkpoint. 99% of the time you just walked through, and we would all roll our eyes at the 1% moron who forgot to take out his keys and held up the line another 10 seconds by having to go back through. Each line was staffed by someone who was essentially a rent-a-cop, and sometimes there was one other person to walk around and reset all the little bins. Even with all the new technology, triple the personnel, and restrictions galore, the new checkpoints are usually solidly in the footprint of the old one. Moving this out might jolt people enough to notice the treatment is not at all the same.

There are airports where this isn't feasible at all, particularly small ones. This might not seem like a problem, but if the point really is security, then you have to realize that I can fly from some rinky dink airport to a main hub and not have to pass any additional security. The whole system falls apart at that point.

The changes in rules are not going to keep anyone safe, because the potential hijackers/bombers/terrorists also know those rules. People gasp and cry about 9/11, but that was also back when I could take my sewing needles and scissors on board. Swiss Army knives? Box cutters? Lighters? Um, yeah. You can get weapons and explosives on a plane now. You know precisely how much liquid and electronics you can get past security, and how much other people can. You have the privacy of bathrooms with all the ability of accomplices to access the same bathroom and see a predetermined signal at your stall, where they can drop off additional components. You have no additional security except maybe roving dogs or such at larger airports... but those seem rather easy to avoid. Let's not even get into the fact that the person themselves can be a deliberate bioweapon (instead of all the idiots inadvertently spreading stuff in that recycled air). I have seen kiosks providing vaccinations at the airport ffs. With the vials sitting behind the person providing vaccines. In plain view. With seats behind that person facing the other way. How difficult do you think it would be to swap a block of vaccine vials for something else in that situation?

So... tell me how a TSA checkpoint being further away even remotely makes anything more secure? Other than the TSA's funding, I mean.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I remember it at inception. and when it was first created.
    I have observed it in action.

It is everything expected,, with potential of getting even worse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Outside? As opposed to moving them inside your rectum?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic