Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Lee Goes on Epic Anti-Trump Rant

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Then simultaneously trying to tell me that Mike Lee, who is quite possibly one of our best nationally elected champions of liberty and the Constitution, is not liberty enough.

Didn't you hear? Liberty has been redefined to exclusively mean ethnonationalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Nope. It's been settled between us.
    But it's not settled between us. Expect a neg rep sometime in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    But it's not settled between us. Expect a neg rep sometime in the future.
    That's cool, bro. Bring it on.

That's cool, bro. Bring it on.
    That's Brony, or was.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's Brony, or was.
    I've got a girl for Brony.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yes, yes... In order to obtain liberty, we need to back an authoritarian tyrant. Of course. It's so simple.
    No one said he needed to back Trump, if that is your insinuation. What was said however, is that anyone interested in liberty, most assuredly, should not be backing someone who appears to be all on-board with world government (ie. Ted Cruz).
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Didn't you hear? Liberty has been redefined to exclusively mean ethnonationalism.
    Is that what you're calling putting your own country/countrymen before any twisted elite scheme of world government? Ok, I'm fine with that.

BREXIT is an example. Good for them.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-01-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    It is obvious that Trump is not a libertarian. He's the republican nominee with statists policies of trade, immigration and world intervention. Many of his policies are left of Clinton.

Is there any evidence that Trump wants smaller government? Is he reducing the height of the fence he is building around the country?
    Trump is a white nationalist running against CFR globalists.
    A nation is smaller than a world, therefore by definition, Trump is for a smaller government. QED.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    "Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson draws 13 percent, a remarkably strong showing for the candidate who garnered 1.2 percent as the party's candidate four years ago."

"Clinton is likewise viewed unfavorably by younger voters and by 79 percent of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
    What is wrong with the other 21 percent ?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No one said he needed to back Trump, if that is your insinuation. What was said however, is that anyone interested in liberty, most assuredly, should not be backing someone who appears to be all on-board with world government (ie. Ted Cruz).
    I'm no Ted Cruz supporter, but I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Mike Lee, Ron & Rand Paul would all endorse Ted Cruz enthusiastically before endorsing Donald Trump. In fact, Mike Lee did endorse Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Trump never lectured the blacks on Goldwater.

Trump never stereotyped all blacks.

He never read a kooky book that said black people have black skin for some kooky reason.

He never lied about some of the deadbeats Mexico is sending, pandering to the racist leader of Mexico who stereotyped blacks.
    I have my 1964 Goldwater Freedom Dollar , 100 Common Sense here on my desk right now.

I'm no Ted Cruz supporter, but I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Mike Lee, Ron & Rand Paul would all endorse Ted Cruz enthusiastically before endorsing Donald Trump. In fact, Mike Lee did endorse Cruz.
    Actually, I don't think either Ron or Rand would get within a mile of endorsing Ted Cruz after he outed himself.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have my 1964 Goldwater Freedom Dollar , 100 Common Sense here on my desk right now.
    hehe. I still have some Goldwater campaign buttons and pins.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    A nation is smaller than a world, therefore by definition, Trump is for a smaller government. QED.
    He puts his own country before some globalist wet dream, yes. However, that is not your claim, so how about you back up your claim that he is a white nationalist.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What is wrong with the other 21 percent ?
    Despite the way the ignorant like to profile LDS church members, they're not a monolithic block. But if a candidate came up who was pro-liberty, constitutionalist, passionately pro-America, clean cut, articulate, compassionate and well-mannered, it would be a landslide like you've never seen before.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That seems to be the gist of it , but Johnson may support a smaller govt

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, I don't think either Ron or Rand would get within a mile of endorsing Ted Cruz after he outed himself.
    I said before endorsing Donald Trump. Reading comp fail again.

Ron & Rand Paul would all endorse Ted Cruz enthusiastically
    Wow, you're accusing Ron Paul of supporting treason against the Constitution for a Canadian usurper?!

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Despite the way the ignorant like to profile LDS church members, they're not a monolithic block. But if a candidate came up who was pro-liberty, constitutionalist, passionately pro-America, clean cut, articulate, compassionate and well-mannered, it would be a landslide like you've never seen before.
    Mormons are a patriotic lot; that is for sure. However, from what I have seen is that when one of their own is in the race, blinders tend to fall over their sensibilities. Case in point; Mitt Romney.
    ================

He puts his own country before some globalist wet dream, yes. However, that is not your claim, so how about you back up your claim that he is a white nationalist.
    You are claiming Trump is a globalist? If so, your claim is wrong and here is proof:
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I actually got neg-repped for that? I was joking people, dang. I like cajun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Mormons are a patriotic lot; that is for sure. However, from what I have seen is that when one of their own is in the race, blinders tend to fall over their sensibilities. Case in point; Mitt Romney.
    I bet they probably would have gotten behind Austin Peterson.

The Guido vote in the northeast is more important then the mormon vote in the west.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/cele...rump_vote.html

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    But how did Mike Lee actually imply that he wanted assurances from Donald to support the Constitution? Mike Lee wasted his time by not giving specific policy issues and instead replied immediately with he was upset Donald would trash his "best friend" Ted Cruz.
    Wasted opportunity by Mike Lee, he may have shot himself in the foot with this lackluster response.
    Reading is your friend:

The senator (Lee) did say that he would reconsider “…if I heard the right things… But don’t sit here and tell me, Steve, that I have no reason to be concerned about Donald Trump.”

Malzburg bristled a bit, asking if Lee was opposing Trump for personal reasons because of his attacks on Rafael Cruz. “He said that! He actually said that. He said that without any scintilla, without a scintilla of evidence. Now that concerns me,” Lee responded.

“I’d like some assurances that he’s going to be a vigorous defender for the U.S. Constitution,” he continued. “That he’s not going to be an autocrat, that he’s not going to be an authoritarian, that he’s not somebody whose going to abuse a document to which I’ve sworn an oath to uphold and protect and defend. I’m sorry, sir, but that is not an unreasonable demand.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Wow, you're accusing Ron Paul of supporting treason against the Constitution for a Canadian usurper?!

Disgusting.
    Why haven't they called Cruz out on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    The Guido vote in the northeast is more important then the mormon vote in the west.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/cele...rump_vote.html

an electorate that makes voting decisions based on the endorsements by reality TV celebrities gets what it deserves. Unfortunately, the rest of us are along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Reading is your friend:
    Obviously I did read it. Which is why I said Mike Lee wasted this opportunity to go into specific policy disagreements he has with Trump or to elaborate on what "assurances" he would like to see from Trump. Minus the empty antiTrump rhetoric, Mike Lee mentioned Trump's attacks on his "best friend" Ted Cruz. That does sound more personal. The fact that Mike Lee calls globalist neocon Ted Cruz his "best friend" really puts me off in the first place.
    RVO˩UTION

Why haven't they called Cruz out on this yet?
    Rand make a joke about it once or twice and Paul-in-law Jesse Benton mentioned it in his PAC ad.

But you're right, the Pauls should have been more vocal about the threat to the Constitution posed by Calgary Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Obviously I did read it. Which is why I said Mike Lee wasted this opportunity to go into specific policy disagreements he has with Trump or to elaborate on what "assurances" he would like to see from Trump. Minus the empty antiTrump rhetoric, Mike Lee mentioned Trump's attacks on his "best friend" Ted Cruz. That does sound more personal. The fact that Mike Lee calls globalist neocon Ted Cruz his "best friend" really puts me off in the first place.
    Your "globalist neocon" Cruz votes pretty much like Rand.
    In 2015 Rand & Cruz co-sponsored 5 bills together and voted exactly the same, except for one bill:

Sept. 24, 2015 S Amdt 2669: Rescinds Funds from Planned Parenthood. Cruz voted Nay, Rand Yea
    (There were 4 bills where Cruz did not vote.)

I am pointing this out because you don't have to like Cruz, but his voting record is pretty much on par with Rand, so I believe that Mike Lee can like him w/o being a hypocrite.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Because the only possible reason to oppose Donald Trump is that he is not "a member of the club."
    In Mike Lee's case, he opposes Trump because he's butt hurt that his boy Goldman Ted couldn't pull one over on the public. That isn't admirable.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast