Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: 1 in 3 Non-Citizen Latino Immigrants Engage in U.S. Politics

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So in your gum chewing/ walking opinion it makes sense to make government bigger and more powerful to expel and eradicate these stupid, politically opposite and diseased foreigners in order to shrink government?

Maybe this'll read differently after coffee........
    Okay........1 pot down.

This still reads like complete lunacy to me.

Government cannot be both the problem and the solution.....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares what Mx. does?

The specifics discussed, ie; attending rallies, protesting and talking is not a problem I'm going to concern myself with, why do you consider this to be a "major problem"?

Actually immigrants legal or illegal have no affect on my life at all, I don't play the health care scam, never have expected to see a dime of SSI and my 401-K/IRA is nonexistent between lawyers/exes and family court it's nothing but a fond memory.

But!

You want to tell me how "ILLEGAL ALIENS" are ruining my life? No LE they're not, in fact they're having no effect at all on my life.

Government on the other hand does affect me! I want government out of the job market, out of the welfare and health business and out of the " ILLEGAL ALIEN" business......American citizens will run off "ILLEGAL ALIENS" if they have to work to eat or pay their own damn bills.

-------------

Let's put this back in context.....

Look closely LE....Do you see where I call the kid out for attempting to speak for me as a White American male?

I do have a problem with government both bringing in foreigners and supporting them once they're here, even when government does it "legally".

But my problem lies with government not foreigners.

Trying to twist the situation around to blame foreigners because they're easier prey than government does absolutely nothing to address the problem.
    You pay their taxes for services they use and do not pay for, suffer for elections they skew.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    You pay their taxes for services they use and do not pay for, suffer for elections they skew.
    Are you talking about the 6-figured salaried government employees I want to put out of work?

Are you talking about the 6-figured salaried government employees I want to put out of work?
    Welfare, education, prison, lawyers, translators, and yes every single worker that is needed to drive the welfare state`s clients needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    Welfare, education, prison, lawyers, translators, and yes every single worker that is needed to drive the welfare state`s clients needs.
    Code Enforcement. Zoning and Planning. Utilities,,

Police,, lots and lots of police,, because these people have to be kept under control.
    This is something all authoritarians love,, regardless of their stated philosophy or purpose.

They all need Enforcers.

Liberty is not enforced,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Come on, Tod. Stop conflating ILLEGAL ALIENS with "immigrants". They are not the same thing at all. And your life IS made worse by illegal aliens. Everything from the cost of your health care and your health too, your taxes, the likelihood that you will receive SS to the likelihood that your 401K/IRA will be raided by the federal government are all impacted by illegal aliens. Sure, they are just pawns being used by the government. But, if someone lights your house on fire, you first need to put it out and then go after the person who set it. It takes both things to resolve the issue.

-------------

Help me out here, Tod, please. Why would this statement cause you to disagree so much? I don't understand. With the problems we already have, why would we want to bring in people who want more of the government that we know is causing the problems?
    Illegal immigrants subsidize Social Security and won't get any of it.

https://news.vice.com/article/unauth...er-last-decade
    Unauthorized Immigrants Paid $100 Billion Into Social Security Over Last Decade

Stephen Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration (SSA), told VICE News that an estimated 7 million people are currently working in the US illegally. Of those, he estimates that about 3.1 million are using fake or expired social security numbers, yet also paying automatic payroll taxes. Goss believes that these workers pay an annual net contribution of $12 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund.

The SSA estimates that unauthorized workers have paid a whopping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. Yet as these people are in the US illegally, it is unlikely that they will be able to benefit from their contributions later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Illegal immigrants subsidize Social Security and won't get any of it.

https://news.vice.com/article/unauth...er-last-decade
    And the yearly tax burden is at a min 110 Billion every year. Once again they take out more then they put in.

Source? Social Security is only part of the taxes they pay. They also contribute an estimated $12 billion in state and local taxes. Not to mention Federal income taxes.

Immigrants illegally in the U.S. collectively contribute nearly $12 billion each year to state and local tax coffers, according to a new report that challenges recent election cycle rhetoric.

The study from the Institute on Taxation & Economic Policy found that immigrants in the U.S. without legal permission kick in their billions in the form of income, property, sales or excise taxes.

There were roughly 11 million immigrants estimated to be in the U.S. illegally as of 2013, according to the report. And each and every state collects at least a few million dollars from tax payments made by such immigrants each year, ranging from Montana's $2.2 million to California's $3.2 billion.

"Regardless of the politically contentious nature of immigration reform, the data show undocumented immigrants greatly contribute to our nation's economy, not just in labor but also with tax dollars," Meg Wiehe, the institute's state tax policy director, said in a statement last week.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...lions-in-taxes
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-01-2016 at 12:31 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The issue is not so much “immigrants”, but ‘illegals.’

Freedom without liberty is anarchy.

Most criminal acts, including gun violence, are committed by organized street gangs, which are directly associated with illegals and foreigners.

The government wants a constant flood of (illegal) immigrants, be they Hispanic, Asian, or Mid-Eastern for such individuals provide an exponential necessity for pimping social justice programs onto hard-working American voters, while simultaneously increasing America’s remaining occupational fields (the service industry and public employment), and the like.
    Last edited by Weston White; 07-01-2016 at 04:25 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

There are fewer of then than there were about nine years ago.

...And in any case there are a multitude more than there were 18-years ago. As well how much easier is it to become a resident now than it was nine or more years ago? Also, the government's focus/agenda has since shifted more on taking in immigrants from overseas than from Mexico.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    The issue is not so much “immigrants”, but ‘illegals.’

Freedom without liberty is anarchy.

Most criminal acts, including gun violence, are committed by organized street gangs, which are directly associated with illegals and foreigners.

The government wants a constant flood of (illegal) immigrants, be they Hispanic, Asian, or Mid-Eastern for such individuals provide an exponential necessity for pimping social justice programs onto hard-working American voters, while simultaneously increasing America’s remaining occupational fields (the service industry and public employment), and the like.
    Take away government money and the flood stops.

Take away "illegals" and government spends more and increases their reach and authority.

Seems to me there's only one logical approach.

That's higher participation than citizens in a lot of areas. Maybe THAT should be addressed?

Also, the "participation" bar is mighty low here. The 1/3 number isn't even about voting. It's about bumper stickers and signs and rallies, which this forum is blue in the face from telling me are largely rigged. How much of this is La Raza busing people to a rally to protest?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm not discounting the conclusion, though I'd like to see convictions/deportations rather than apprehensions.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Legalize Immigration.. instantly no illegals , problem solved.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12