Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico president urges North American integration after Brexit

Mexico president urges North American integration after Brexit

Ottawa (AFP) - Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Monday called for greater integration with Canada and the United States in the wake of Britain's vote to split with the European Union.

Nieto, who spoke during a stopover in Quebec City, is scheduled to attend a North American leaders summit in Ottawa on Wednesday with his US and Canadian counterparts.

The three countries are economic partners in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and work closely on security matters.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-pr...200300558.html
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he does.

To be fair, so does Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Ron Paul is in favor of a massive, unrepresentative, North American State?

News to me...

Ron Paul is in favor of a massive, unrepresentative, North American State?

News to me...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Not interested in merging our nation with the $#@!hole they call Mexico.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

bull$#@!.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

if the open borders advocacy was not enough to earn you a ban, this comment sure does.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congratulations open border proponents =p. We can become the North American Union in no time. Since we don't care about our borders, we might as well merge with Mexico and even Canada. Hell, Canada would be awesome, they have plenty of water we can transport down to the states .

Double Hell, let's just integrate with the entire south American continent as well :3.. We can be the AMERICAN UNION. AU... Au... GOLD!!!

No way!

And North American integration is not going to qualify the Mexican
    President
    for any special discount on the cost of building the Trump Wall.

Doesn't sound to me like he's in favor of it:

“Once again, decisions that affect millions of Americans are not being made by those Americans themselves, or even by their elected representatives in Congress,” says Paul. “Instead, a handful of elites use their government connections to bypass national legislatures and ignore our Constitution – which expressly grants Congress the sole authority to regulate international trade.”

The ultimate goal, he says, is not simply a superhighway “but an integrated North American Union – complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy and virtually borderless travel within the union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether.”
    http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38614/#!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Doesn't sound to me like he's in favor of it:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38614/#!
    Ron's been critical of a NAU for as long as we have been a forum or longer. It's been discussed many times since 2007....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...paulforums.com

If you don't care about your borders, you don't care about your sovereignty. Why have borders in the first place? hehe

Well , we should have annexed Mexico when it was conquered in 1848 .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ron's been critical of a NAU for as long as we have been a forum or longer. It's been discussed many times since 2007....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...paulforums.com
    I know, I was just addressing erowe's ridiculous statement that suggested Ron Paul was in favor of more super state merging.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I know, I was just addressing erowe's ridiculous statement that suggested Ron Paul was in favor of more super state merging.
    Right. I was just backing that up by showing that anyone here from '07 should know Ron's position regarding it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    If you don't care about your borders, you don't care about your sovereignty. Why have borders in the first place? hehe
    Nothing screams 'SOVEREIGNTY' quite like being arrested for 'being illegal' or hiring people not on a government approved list...

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Nothing screams 'SOVEREIGNTY' quite like being arrested for 'being illegal' or hiring people not on a government approved list...
    Another argument out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Another argument out of left field.
    ??

I think I share virtually the same position as most 'open border' RPFers.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Even if we disregard the CONstitutionalist POV and only accept anarchism(my preference, in all disclosure), there would still exist the concept of private property. Do you think the typical private property owner would be okay with trespassers, foreign or domestic? I highly doubt it, as property owners are normally rationally self-interested and thus do not want trespassers on their property. Even the more "liberal" anarchists accept the importance and legitimacy of property boundaries. (See "Boundaries Of Order" https://mises.org/library/boundaries...-social-system by Schaffer and "Privatization Of Roads And Highways" by Block https://mises.org/library/privatizat...s-and-highways)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-27-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Even if we disregard the CONstitutionalist POV and only accept anarchism(my preference, in all disclosure), there would still exist the concept of private property. Do you think the typical private property owner would be okay with trespassers, foreign or domestic? I highly doubt it, as property owners are normally rationally self-interested and thus do not want trespassers on their property. Even the more "liberal" anarchists accept the importance and legitimacy of property boundaries. (See "Boundaries Of Order" https://mises.org/library/boundaries...-social-system by Schaffer and "Privatization Of Roads And Highways" by Block https://mises.org/library/privatizat...s-and-highways)
    Being arrested/punished/w.e. for 'trespassing' is much different than being arrested for 'being illegal'.

eta: this action would usually result in the punisher trespassing on the 'illegal person's' property.
    Last edited by P3ter_Griffin; 06-27-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Congratulations open border proponents =p. We can become the North American Union in no time. Since we don't care about our borders, we might as well merge with Mexico and even Canada. Hell, Canada would be awesome, they have plenty of water we can transport down to the states .

Double Hell, let's just integrate with the entire south American continent as well :3.. We can be the AMERICAN UNION. AU... Au... GOLD!!!
    Maybe alucard is talking about individual property rights but it sure strikes me as 'American property rights'. My bad if that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Monday called for greater integration with Canada and the United States
    Is it true that Sr Pena Nieto's running mate is Bill Weld?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , we should have annexed Mexico when it was conquered in 1848 .
    Just what America needs… More aborigines to look after.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just what America needs… More aborigines to look after.
    If you had done it then , they would not all be commie leaning leftists , those states would be economic powerhouses .Oil , gold , sea food , hydro electric , desalinization etc

Link or

So a man from a 3rd world $#@! heap of a nation wants to join a union that will allow him to better his nation while dragging down a great one..Wow! Who would have thought.

I think we should bring the plan of James k. Polk to compilation.

Just relocate the natives and all will be well. Call it back payment for the cost/burden of illegal immigration.

Yeah, the EU worked out so well that we just had Brexit! EU failed so hard that we should do exactly what they did. Pure. Genius. NOT!

What does he plan to do, export his financial failure?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast