Thread: Water Distillation Unit

Water Distillation Unit

Sold - thanks!

This is an older unit, but this model is apparently still in production today under the name Pure Water. Electric, comes with a timer. I have it on eBay for $100, and it will sell at that price. Any RPFers interested, PM me and it's yours for $65 plus shipping. It's heavy - 9 lbs before it's boxed up, so if you live on the West Coast the cost might be significant. Use zip code 48430 if you want to check the USPS shipping calculator.

Last edited by angelatc; 06-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somewhat serendipitously interesting, I'm currently building my own solar powered water distillation units after learning about Dean Kamen's project codenamed 'Slingshot'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slings...llation_system)

I have had people imply that it could be used for making home brewed spirits, but i know nothing of that. And I am not being coy - I know nothing.

I've been meaning to buy a couple of these. I think someone around here is an an authorized dealer if I'm not mistaken. Bryan, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I have had people imply that it could be used for making home brewed spirits, but i know nothing of that. And I am not being coy - I know nothing.
    Do you want to keep it that way?

I'm toying with the idea of a solar powered still to produce some alcohol to fuel a Stirling engine water pump.

Or maybe a Tesla turbine water pump.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 06-25-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Do you want to keep it that way?

I'm toying with the idea of a solar powered still to produce some alcohol to fuel a Stirling engine water pump.

Or maybe a Tesla turbine water pump.
    I have a book that was printed during the Roaring '20's that has all kinds of recipes, including the legendary Bathtub Gin. I hang onto it because I figure spirits will trade as well as gold during the end of days.

I have a book that was printed during the Roaring '20's that has all kinds of recipes, including the legendary Bathtub Gin. I hang onto it because I figure spirits will trade as well as gold during the end of days.
    Awesome! I found a cookbook at the thrift store that has recipes for possum and raccoon. It also has instruction on how to clean animals. I was surprised to come across all that in it because it looked like a plain old cookbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I had all of my sparrow etc recipes posted on Rev Box.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There ya go! Happy moon shining. What's the title of the book?

I need to check, but I think making alcohol is OK, just as long as you aren't trying to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    There ya go! Happy moon shining. What's the title of the book?

I need to check, but I think making alcohol is OK, just as long as you aren't trying to sell it.
    It's called Giggle Water. The whole thing is available online, but I have the hard copy. Neener, neener: http://euvs-vintage-cocktail-books.c...rles-S-Warnock

It's called Giggle Water. The whole thing is available online, but I have the hard copy. Neener, neener: http://euvs-vintage-cocktail-books.c...rles-S-Warnock
    Thanks! Online works. I can make a PDF copy and then print it out, if and when I want.

Neener, neener. Congrats on your still sale.