Thread: FYI, (cannabis)

FYI, (cannabis)

I have been working an a life experiment.
    I have been a marijuana advocate since the 70s,, but had never been a regular or habitual user.
    in fact,, i had been on parole and closely monitored with both regular and random testing.

In the last year I have ENDEAVORED TO NOT RUN OUT. successfully. I am almost at the one year lever. At which point I may go dry deliberately,,, to observe any effect/variance.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss,, or perhaps promote certain strains..

My personal preference is for a working medication. Sativa in my case.

I have found "AK 47" to be quite nice,, with an analgesic quality. it is my regular Go to.
    https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/ak-47

Though I just recently came across (was on sale) "Galactic".. and similar benefit,,,, but with less.
    https://www.leafly.com/sativa/galactic-jack

Post your preferences;
    Strains Types,, effects,, uses, etc.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-25-2016 at 12:36 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and similar benefit,,,, but with less.
    to clarify,,
    I have been smoking about 1/4 a week,, approx a gram a day.. (liberally)
    Galactic has lasted longer,,with comfortable effect..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I prefer strains that don't put me to sleep or if they do when I wake up I am still stoned.

I love all the strains. About half the time I don't even get a name or I'm sure the name is made up. I live in a rich area in a big town so it's no problem finding bud even though I'm in Texas. I like sativas indica and hybrids. I've been smoking a g or little less a day all throughout high school (just graduated). It might make you stupid but I was smart enough before it...

I'm kidding. I really haven't noticed a big effect it's had on me though. As long as I can afford it why not

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I prefer strains that don't put me to sleep or if they do when I wake up I am still stoned.
    That would be the Sativa or Sativa Dominant hybrids. I prefer them for working,, and that has been working well.

Indica tends more to the Couch Lock,, Relaxing.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I love all the strains. About half the time I don't even get a name or I'm sure the name is made up.
    Was so for years..If anything it was just the country of origin. Mexican, Jamaican, or Colombian.
    I suppose names were made up by the growers who developed strains,, But in legal markets,, choices and comparisons ,,and reviews exist.

Just a bit of information shared.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Was so for years..If anything it was just the country of origin. Mexican, Jamaican, or Colombian.
    I suppose names were made up by the growers who developed strains,, But in legal markets,,choices and comparisons ,,and reviews exist.

Just a bit of information shared.
    I always look the strain up on leafly.com if I get a name

Speaking of cannabis, was a rumor floating around on the net the other day that the DEA will reschedule it out of schedule I on August 1.

The following day CNBC aired multiple live segments from an Oregon dispensary and the main topic was how banks won't interact with dispensaries due to current schedule I status. If rescheduled that will change, though the segments didn't specifically mention that part. Looked to me like standard media foreshadowing/conditioning for an upcoming event. That would be quite a distraction, considering all the other stuff going on and an election year.

(this probably deserves its own thread)
    Last edited by devil21; 06-25-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

(this probably deserves its own thread)
    Is FYI,

https://www.leafly.com/news/headline...duled-cannabis

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/0...ision-eve.aspx
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Nice!! I'll post more later...

The fool article is a little misleading imo. Most states still expressly prohibit cannabis use/possession, medical or otherwise, so even if DEA reschedules or deschedules (fat chance of that) the states still have to change their statutes, by removing prohibition, for medical to be immediately 'legal' across the 50 states, as the article claims.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book