Thread: CNN staff revolts over Corey Lewandowski hire

CNN staff revolts over Corey Lewandowski hire

CNN staff revolts over Corey Lewandowski hire

Sources told Page Six on Friday that CNN’s “facing a near internal revolt” over Jeff Zucker’s hiring of Lewandowski as an exclusive correspondent for the news network days after he was fired as Donald Trump’s campaign manager.

“CNN is facing a near internal revolt over the Corey hiring,” said a TV insider, who described many in the newsroom as “livid.” “Female reporters and producers especially . . . They are organizing and considering publicly demanding” that Lewandowski be let go.

The Post reported on Monday that the Donald’s daughter Ivanka gave her dad an ultimatum to cut Corey loose after she was distressed by news he’d grabbed reporter Michelle Fields by the arm at a Florida event, and by a Page Six report that he recently got into a shouting match on a Midtown street with campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks.

At CNN, the hiring of the former Trump campaign manager on Thursday didn’t only alienate women on staff. A source further said that “Latinos and others in the newsroom feel betrayed by an homage to Trump,” so “they may do a public letter” objecting to the move.

A different source said, “Everyone at CNN — and even people who used to work there — are pissed about Trump’s former campaign manager being hired on salary.”

A source previously told Page Six that Lewandowski’s getting as much as $500,000 for the new gig, but a CNN spokesperson told us on Thursday, “I can assure you we are paying him nowhere near $500,000.”

Meanwhile, CNN’s newest correspondent is apparently under a strict nondisclosure agreement as a former Trump staffer. Trump’s NDAs are reportedly binding “at all times thereafter” employment with the candidate has ended.

Regarding the newsroom reaction to his hiring, and his salary, Lewandowski told us when reached for comment to direct any inquiries to CNN. A CNN rep didn’t get back to us.
    http://pagesix.com/2016/06/24/cnn-st...andowski-hire/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A bunch of white knights at CNN think they have a shot at dating Michelle Fields.

Follow Katy Tur's twitter. Half of it is cameramen and others hitting on Katy.

Fields is a dumb bimbo who is barely libertarian and barely Republican.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Trump has tricked CNN into buying his Trojan horse.
    Once inside the gate, CNN will be unable to resist
    providing 24/7 Trump coverage. Resistance if futile.

Who is Michelle Fields?

"Ivanka gave her dad an ultimatum.."

Huh?

Or what?..She would cut off his inheritance?

(good to know Ivanka will be in control of the nuclear codes...)
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-25-2016 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Who is Michelle Fields?

Trump Campaign Manager Charged With Battery of Reporter Michelle Fields
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope they all quit and walk out. Would likely be a positive for CNN, the Clinton News Network.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    "Ivanka gave her dad an ultimatum.."

Huh?

Or what?..She would cut off his inheritance?

(good to know Ivanka will be in control of the nuclear codes...)
    She could cut him off from seeing his grandkids. I know of cases where that's happened. (I don't know if Ivanka has kids or not but if she doesn't she could have some).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    She could cut him off from seeing his grandkids. I know of cases where that's happened. (I don't know if Ivanka has kids or not but if she doesn't she could have some).
    Yeah, she has kids, one of them she gave birth to practically on the campaign trail. I think what they're talking about though is she was going to walk away from the campaign if he kept saying stupid $#@! on purpose. Notice she and at least one of his sons are with him at almost every public appearance. I think she handles what little logistics the campaign has, if she walked away, he would end up quitting.

CNN spent a lot time the day that Lewendowski was fired talking about how Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner is taking over Trump's campaign...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Jared-Kushner
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah, she has kids, one of them she gave birth to practically on the campaign trail. I think what they're talking about though is she was going to walk away from the campaign if he kept saying stupid $#@! on purpose. Notice she and at least one of his sons are with him at almost every public appearance. I think she handles what little logistics the campaign has, if she walked away, he would end up quitting.
    Interesting. Trump saying stupid crap endeared him to the teocon faithful but it's not playing well in the general. His strategy seems to be based on if he can get independents to hate or fear Hillary more. But some of his idiotic statements don't even work on that level. "There's my black supporter." Really? WTH did he say that?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Interesting. Trump saying stupid crap endeared him to the teocon faithful but it's not playing well in the general. His strategy seems to be based on if he can get independents to hate or fear Hillary more. But some of his idiotic statements don't even work on that level. "There's my black supporter." Really? WTH did he say that?
    It's the same strategy as Mitt 2012. There were no real differences between the candidates, so "Vote for me because OMG Obama!"

That stuff might work at the state level, but a GOP will never win the POTUS on a platform of fear and hate.

Oh the tolerant leftists and their unbiased messaging.