Thread: RIP Marc Allan Feldman

RIP Marc Allan Feldman

Guy with the energetic speech at the end of the LP convention this year has died.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unknown as a of now. From LP Chair Nick Sarwark

The world is a darker place this morning. We have lost one of the lights of the Libertarian Party, Dr. Marc Allan Feldman. My deepest condolences go out to his family on their loss.

I had the privilege of working with Dr. Feldman on the Libertarian National Committee. After growing up in Washington, D.C., cynical about politics and politicians, he spent most of his adult life not even voting.

In the Libertarian Party, he found a politics of empowering people to be their best selves, free from the control of governments and bureaucrats. It spoke to him in a way that awakened something. He was tireless and dedicated to sharing that vision with everyone he met, but most importantly, with those who didn't participate, didn't vote, and didn't have a voice.

Special interests and the well connected already had a voice in politics. Dr. Feldman was committed to giving a voice to that vast majority who were voiceless. So committed, that he confided in me in 2015 that he wanted to run for President.

Knowing that he was relatively unknown in the party, I told him he would have an uphill battle against the likes of Gary Johnson. My advice didn't matter, because Dr. Marc Allan Feldman was fearless. He ran a race that we all could be proud of, unconstrained by the traditional rules of politics. His competitors and his party were made better for it.

I will miss Marc Feldman. I will miss his dedication to the Libertarian Party, his voice on the Libertarian National Committee, and his unique and optimistic way of approaching politics.

Most of all, I will miss a friend.

This is really sad and unexpected. RIP.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Oh, no!

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

RIP, champion of Liberty.

Something is wrong, we keep losing good people.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Really sorry to hear this. I found his speeches at the LP convention funny and inspiring. No doubt he'll be greatly missed by many.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was a member here, sorry to hear he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Allan Feldman View Post
    This was a nice mention in a prominent national politics journal.
    It just led to interviews with the Cleveland Jewish Week and Cleveland Magazine.
    They are more interested in my personal story than in my proposals to get big money out of political campaigns, balance the budget, and shrink government.
    I guess that's just mainstream media.

Marc Allan Feldman MD
    Libertarian candidate, President of the United States 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe