View Poll Results: Who was the greatest founding father?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Adams

2 7.41%
  • Samuel Adams

7 25.93%
  • George Washington

7 25.93%
  • Ben Franklin

6 22.22%
  • Thomas Jefferson

17 62.96%
  • George Mason

3 11.11%
  • Thomas Paine

4 14.81%
  • James Madison

3 11.11%
  • John Jay

2 7.41%
  • Alex Hamilton

1 3.70%
  • Patrick Henry

7 25.93%
  • Gouverneur Morris

1 3.70%
  • John Hancock

2 7.41%
  • James Wilson

2 7.41%
  • Roger Sherman

2 7.41%
  • Robert Morris

1 3.70%
  • John Dickinson

1 3.70%
  • George Clymer

1 3.70%
  • John Rutledge

1 3.70%
  • George Reed

1 3.70%
  • Richard Henry Lee

1 3.70%
  • Thomas McKean

1 3.70%
  • John Witherspoon

1 3.70%
  • Benjamin Rush

1 3.70%
  • Henry Lauereis

1 3.70%
  • Robert Livingston

1 3.70%
  • Peyton Randolph

1 3.70%
  • Aaron Burr

1 3.70%
  • Henry Lee III

1 3.70%
  • John Marshall

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who was the greatest founding father?

Who was the greatest founding father?

In your opinion, the greatest ff, and why?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't even have Crispus Attucks on the list. He's the greatest. He was the escaped slave that started the snowball fight that led to the Boston massacre. He was also one of the first killed in that incident. Even though his fellow colonists weren't willing to accept that he deserved his freedom he was willing to fight and die for theirs. That and all of the unknown people who died in the revolutionary war completely unheralded and in some cases who fought unpaid.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    In your opinion, the greatest ff, and why?
    Red pill.

There are many on that list, but I really admire TJ. Like many of them, he was well-rounded, but I think his understanding of politics, human nature, science, architecture and music sets him apart slightly. He had some tough decisions to make, but in total, I think he performed to his principles.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Anyone who votes for Hamilton.... we will have words! lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I think they were all Great, in their own way
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-13-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Henry Lauereis was the greatest by far. Everyone else pales in comparison.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Roger Sherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Most of us didn't learn of him in our sorry excuse for History class. Of course, I was educated in the Deep South which may account for the omission.
    Ron Paul fans should have an affinity for anyone who attacks the PTB with snowballs.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ron Paul fans should have an affinity for anyone who attacks the PTB with snowballs.

Yes, I always considered THAT guy a hero!!

You don't even have Crispus Attucks on the list. He's the greatest. He was the escaped slave that started the snowball fight that led to the Boston massacre. He was also one of the first killed in that incident. Even though his fellow colonists weren't willing to accept that he deserved his freedom he was willing to fight and die for theirs. That and all of the unknown people who died in the revolutionary war completely unheralded and in some cases who fought unpaid.
    I regret that I'm not familiar with him either.

And not to take anything away from him. But is there something besides what you say that makes you call him the greatest of the founding fathers?

Leave it to the $#@!in Texan to vote for all of the above.... lmao
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Seriously? Okay. He's the black guy getting shot in this famous American painting.

And not to take anything away from him. But is there something besides what you say that makes you call him the greatest of the founding fathers?
    Note that I didn't just say him but I mentioned all of the other "little people" that fought and died in the Revolutionary war, often unheralded. Our "founding fathers" inspired people to take up arms against the British crown over unjust taxes...and then imposed unjust taxes on whiskey farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

In 1927 Crispus Attucks High School was built in Indianapolis , an all black school ( until 1967 ), my Dad would take me there to watch basketball sometimes. He was the one who told me of Crispus . Oscar Robertson's 1955 & 1956 teams there were , at the time , the first all black High School in the nation to win a State basketball championship . They were also , in 1956 , the first undefeated Indiana State Champion.

I remember learning about Attackus in school. He's the Great American Martyr. The Shot Heard 'Round the World was aimed at Crispus Attackus.

His grave is the foundation on which was built the greatest nation on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TJ wasn't a party to the Federalist's CONstitutional coup on the AoC.

i admire Benjamin Franklin's wise & long life!

Yet i too could not ignore Thomas Jefferson...

I am.

Because fuk-yoo.

You're welcome, and please carry on.

[Hamilton] wasn't a founder. He was a mole bent on creating an architecture for tyanny. He succeeded most wildly, to the detriment of us all.
    Last edited by osan; 08-12-2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: established context.

He wasn't a founder. He was a mole bent on creating an architecture for tyanny. He succeeded most wildly, to the detriment of us all.
    Are you referring to Jefferson?

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Most of us didn't learn of him in our sorry excuse for History class. Of course, I was educated in the Deep South which may account for the omission.
    Criminy... what in hell are they teaching you guys anymore? No doubt, however, you are expert in gracing bananas with condoms.

Attucks was a black freeman, as I recall. IIRC, he was the first casualty of the American revolution.

That he is relegated to dust in this era of common retardation tells me that his PC value is eclipsed by the liability of that for which he stood: an armed and free man willing to put his bullets where his mouth was. Theye would predictably reject him as an instrument of useful propaganda; further and damning evidence of the bottomless contempt and malevolence Theye hold for all who are not Themme. The irony of strident expressions of anti-racist dogma by the most deeply bigoted creatures in the universe is truly amusing... in a nauseating sort of way.
    Last edited by osan; 08-12-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Include quote text.

Where's Benedict Arnold?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

A lot of those names are known terrorists...
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where's Francis Lewis?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I was always partial to Patrick Henry, resulting from his intellect and poignant literary abilities.

You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government.

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/documents/1786-1800/the-anti-federalist-papers/speech-of-patrick-henry-(june-5-1788).php

Criminy... what in hell are they teaching you guys anymore? . No doubt, however, you are expert in gracing bananas with condoms.

Attucks was a black freeman, as I recall. IIRC, he was the first casualty of the American revolution.

That he is relegated to dust in this era of common retardation tells me that his PC value is eclipsed by the liability of that for which he stood: an armed and free man willing to put his bullets where his mouth was. Theye would predictably reject him as an instrument of useful propaganda; further and damning evidence of the bottomless contempt and malevolence Theye hold for all who are not Themme. The irony of strident expressions of anti-racist dogma by the most deeply bigoted creatures in the universe is truly amusing... in a nauseating sort of way.
    That wasn't really called for.
    "The Patriarch"

Seriously? Okay. He's the black guy getting shot in this famous American painting.

Note that I didn't just say him but I mentioned all of the other "little people" that fought and died in the Revolutionary war, often unheralded. Our "founding fathers" inspired people to take up arms against the British crown over unjust taxes...and then imposed unjust taxes on whiskey farmers.
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That wasn't really called for.
    No? Methinks yes. Are they not teaching sixth-graders how to put condoms on bananas?

If they can learn that, why can they not learn about our own history?... and I mean in a truthful and balanced way, rather than the dreck that passes for history in schools today?

I'm wondering when they will return to teaching that the earth is flat.

Now the mea culpa: my use of "you" was meant in the third person and not directed to the poster personally. That was my bad, though I can and do claim that English grammar allows for this ambiguity, which I did not intend. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by osan; 08-13-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

No? Methinks yes. Are they not teaching sixth-graders how to put condoms on bananas?

If they can learn that, why can they not learn about our own history?... and I mean in a truthful and balanced way, rather than the dreck that passes for history in schools today?

I'm wondering when they will return to teaching that the earth is flat.
    I get the context, it's just the person you were addressing is not a recent participant in the public skool system.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast