Thread: Maine State Sen. Eric Brakey on Welfare for Politicians

Maine State Sen. Eric Brakey on Welfare for Politicians

Sen. Brakey is one of us, a personal friend, and one of those I am very proud of. Below is a fundraising email, but first a quote from an article in the Portland Press Herald,

“He’s successfully moved legislation and he’s done it in a productive and positive way. He has also helped move the party more toward the libertarian side. I’ve been a little surprised at his trajectory.”

I hope those who can, do send him some support...

Are you sick and tired of seeing politicians waste your tax dollars?

I just received notice that, this week, my liberal opponent in the upcoming election is taking $20,000 from Maine taxpayers to finance her personal political campaign.

As a fiscal conservative, I refuse to accept taxpayer money to run my campaign... and that means I need your voluntary support instead.

Will you chip in $200, $100 or $50 to help me continue fighting to protect Maine taxpayers?

Even worse, it doesn't end there.

My opponent will likely receive a total of $60,000 from hard-working Maine taxpayers before this campaign is over: all so she can spend your money on political yard signs, robocalls and junk mail.
    Unlike my opponent, I refuse to compromise my fiscally responsible principles by taking "Welfare for Politicians"---money seized from Maine taxpayers against their will---in order to finance personal political ambitions.

Unfortunately, standing by my principles could put me at a financial disadvantage during the upcoming election... unless I can count on your help.

Will you take a stand with me today and chip in $200, $100, or $50 so we can defend Maine taxpayers?

While our voluntary fundraising efforts have been tremendously successful so far, our campaign has still raised only half the amount my opponent is able to forcibly take from Maine taxpayers under the "Welfare for Politicians" program.

To win re-election this November, we must catch up---through voluntary fundraising efforts---to the amounts that my opponent can seize from our wallets without even bothering to ask us.

If you agree that big government shouldn't remove our choices and force us to finance the personal political campaigns of liberal politicians, then exercise your choice today and stand with me in defense of Maine's taxpayers.

Can I count on you to chip in $200, $100 or $50 so that I can continue fighting for fiscal responsibility in Augusta?

Thank you for your support. I couldn't do this without you.

For Liberty,
    Sen. Eric Brakey
    Auburn, New Gloucester, Poland, Minot and Mechanic Falls
    This is Eric and I welcoming Obama to Manhattan (we transformed our signage after being passed through to the frontlines...)

#Onward
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BUMP!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

He's the one who got us constitutional carry here. It passed easily even some of the democrats voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He's the one who got us constitutional carry here. It passed easily even some of the democrats voted for it.
    Yup. People mention his ability to agree to disagree respectfully, and because of that he is able to swing votes across the aisle.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Seems like a good guy to me. I'm not in his district, but if he ever runs for statewide office, he has my vote.

I'm a pretty new voter down in Cumberland County. I know a lot about politics and the national elections, but local elections still confuse me a bit. When I went to this year's Republican "caucus" at Westbrook High School, I learned about how much of an impact you can have in local election voting, due to the sometimes low turnouts. This guy seems like a legit Liberty fighter. There's nothing like someone who doesn't just have good positions, but works hard at them. I will probably vote in November mainly to participate in the non-President votes, though I'm not done researching the local candidates yet. But like the above person said, I don't think Brakey is in my district.

Quote Originally Posted by Makes Interesting Points View Post
    I'm a pretty new voter down in Cumberland County. I know a lot about politics and the national elections, but local elections still confuse me a bit. When I went to this year's Republican "caucus" at Westbrook High School, I learned about how much of an impact you can have in local election voting, due to the sometimes low turnouts. This guy seems like a legit Liberty fighter. There's nothing like someone who doesn't just have good positions, but works hard at them. I will probably vote in November mainly to participate in the non-President votes, though I'm not done researching the local candidates yet. But like the above person said, I don't think Brakey is in my district.
    Great to see you learning more about the process. There is an old maxim that "All politics is local"

Even if he is not in your district, I'll respectfully ask that you consider sending in a donation, if able. The establishment has deep pockets, and we have the grassroots...

http://www.brakeyforsenate.com/

~ C.Coolidge