Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: "Profiling" Of Muslims "Is Something We're Going To Have To Start Thinking About"

Trump: "Profiling" Of Muslims "Is Something We're Going To Have To Start Thinking About"

Trump: "Profiling" Of Muslims "Is Something We're Going To Have To Start Thinking About"

Posted By Tim Hains
    On Date June 19, 2016

The presumptive GOP nominee said in a phone interview with CBS' Face the Nation that countries like France and Israel are successfully employing profiling to stop terrorist attacks, and that as much as he "hates the concept," profiling "is something that we're going to have to start thinking about."

"Everybody wants to be so politically correct, and they want to do what is right, and they are afraid to do anything. Words are killing us. This political correctness. Unfortunately it wasn't followed up."

"You'd do as they used to do in New York, prior to this mayor dismantling. By the way, if you go to France, they are doing it in France right now, in some instances they are closing down mosques. People don't want to talk about it... but look at what they are doing in France. They're actually closing down mosques."

"Well I think profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country... Other countries do it, you look at Israel and you look at others, they do it and they do it successfully. And I hate the concept of profiling, but we have to start using common sense and we have to use our heads."

"It's not the worst thing to do," he added. "I hate the concept of profiling, but we have to use common sense."
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ing_about.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He does not want to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He does not want to win.
    When is the last time that you won?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    When is the last time that you won?
    When's the last time you did? Even if Trump wins, it's not like he's taking you with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    When's the last time you did? Even if Trump wins, it's not like he's taking you with him.
    Well Trump won the nomination did he not. Consider winning for us mortals as the side we bet on.

I learned my lessons from Ron and Rand and all this hopeless negativity some of you live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Well Trump won the nomination did he not. Consider winning for us mortals as the side we bet on.

I learned my lessons from Ron and Rand and all this hopeless negativity some of you live in.
    Really? What lessons were those? Certain nothing about liberty, because you clearly learned nothing about that from Ron and Rand if you "bet" on Trump.

Ron turned me from a minarchist to a voluntarist.

The lesson is that at any given election cycle there will be a lot of negative useless people. They don't change and they will drag you down if you pay attention to them. Rand and Ron spend a lot of effort pleasing these special snowflakes.

Another lesson is that there will be a lot of people who are in denial. These people will claim we are winning or a certain candidate is losing until the last day. These people are dangerous and I been disappointed enough times listening to them. Not going to catch me doing that again. Especially the ones trying to spam this forum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron turned me from a minarchist to a voluntarist.

The lesson is that at any given election cycle there will be a lot of negative useless people. They don't change and they will drag you down if you pay attention to them. Rand and Ron spend a lot of effort pleasing these special snowflakes.

Another lesson is that there will be a lot of people who are in denial. These people will claim we are winning or a certain candidate is losing until the last day. These people are dangerous and I been disappointed enough times listening to them. Not going to catch me doing that again. Especially the ones trying to spam this forum.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Really? What lessons were those? Certain nothing about liberty, because you clearly learned nothing about that from Ron and Rand if you "bet" on Trump.
    To be fair, this thread is about profiling Muslims.

Rand wanted to stop immigration from countries with a lot of radicalized Muslims. He knew he couldn't stop Muslim immigration due to legal restrictions, but he knew he could profile countries with large radicalized Muslim populations and stop immigration from them. The problem is that people's attention spans are so low they don't realize what he is saying by the time he gets to the end of the sentence trying to explain it. Donald Trump said it succinctnly, that he wanted to stop the immigration of Muslims, People complained about the legal issues, he got a lot of attention and he has more recently clarified he wants to stop immigration from countries with large groups of radicalized Muslims, just like Rand.

Tell me whose strategy worked better? Is it possible that Donald Trump wanted to do the same thing Rand said from the beginning, but he knew by doing it his way instead of stating it like Rand he would get millions of times more the attention than Rand got over it?

The main point of this post is to show that Rand and Trump have similar views on this issue, but the second point is to introduce the depth and complexity of Donald Trump's strategies so as you navigate the political landscape in the future you will sit back and see where Donald Trump is going with something rather than knee-jerk reaction whatever the media says the next day. I'm not saying I like Donald Trump's strategy better than Rand's, but it is working a lot better - but it also has a side effect of causing a lot of confusion over Trump's political views.

I had a whole thread earlier Trump's terrorist family remarks where we essentially discussed the same thing. Trump comes out with some inflammatory sounding statements that the knee-jerk media reaction is to condone and repeat over and over and over - then Trump comes out and clarifies, not changes, but clarifies his statement to mean something totally different than what the media was talking about and telling everybody he said - but in the mean time he gets millions of dollars worth of free coverage and his poll numbers go up. I'm pretty sure even Rand Paul would be ok with prosecuting terrorist family members who helped or knew about an attack, had the opportunity to inform and did not - for example the sister of the Orlando shooter who bought his house for $10, if they can prove she knew that he was going to massacre all of those people, and if the ex-wife knew about the attack and drove him to the club then they are also culpable at some level for what happened.

The issues I have with Trump are on stuff like privacy, the apple case, Snowden, etc.. But it seems almost all of what the media goes after Trump on his misconstrued nonsense and Trump is just using all of that noise to get more attention, as people research and clarify they may decide they actually agree with him and the people who don't like Trump won't get the clarifications and they keep hating him more and that is what is causing all this polarization.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-19-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Pot, meet kettle.
    If you think. I can only show you the way. If you can't figure the rest out your self you are a lost cause.

"I hate the concept of profiling"
    There you go. Doubleplusgood from Comrade Trump. The word "profiling" is a trigger word, and all who goodthink must be instantly and reflexively revolted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm pretty sure even Rand Paul would be ok with prosecuting terrorist family members who helped or knew about an attack,
    Rands proposals were a reaction to the failure of government to do proper background checks on people coming here from places that the government defines we are at war with. Trumps Muslim ban is a reaction to islamic terrorism.

To be fair, this thread is about profiling Muslims.

Rand wanted to stop immigration from countries with a lot of radicalized Muslims. He knew he couldn't stop Muslim immigration due to legal restrictions, but he knew he could profile countries with large radicalized Muslim populations and stop immigration from them. The problem is that people's attention spans are so low they don't realize what he is saying by the time he gets to the end of the sentence trying to explain it. Donald Trump said it succinctnly, that he wanted to stop the immigration of Muslims, People complained about the legal issues, he got a lot of attention and he has more recently clarified he wants to stop immigration from countries with large groups of radicalized Muslims, just like Rand.

Tell me whose strategy worked better? Is it possible that Donald Trump wanted to do the same thing Rand said from the beginning, but he knew by doing it his way instead of stating it like Rand he would get millions of times more the attention than Rand got over it?

The main point of this post is to show that Rand and Trump have similar views on this issue, but the second point is to introduce the depth and complexity of Donald Trump's strategies so as you navigate the political landscape in the future you will sit back and see where Donald Trump is going with something rather than knee-jerk reaction whatever the media says the next day. I'm not saying I like Donald Trump's strategy better than Rand's, but it is working a lot better - but it also has a side effect of causing a lot of confusion over Trump's political views.

I had a whole thread earlier Trump's terrorist family remarks where we essentially discussed the same thing. Trump comes out with some inflammatory sounding statements that the knee-jerk media reaction is to condone and repeat over and over and over - then Trump comes out and clarifies, not changes, but clarifies his statement to mean something totally different than what the media was talking about and telling everybody he said - but in the mean time he gets millions of dollars worth of free coverage and his poll numbers go up. I'm pretty sure even Rand Paul would be ok with prosecuting terrorist family members who helped or knew about an attack, had the opportunity to inform and did not - for example the sister of the Orlando shooter who bought his house for $10, if they can prove she knew that he was going to massacre all of those people, and if the ex-wife knew about the attack and drove him to the club then they are also culpable at some level for what happened.

The issues I have with Trump are on stuff like privacy, the apple case, Snowden, etc.. But it seems almost all of what the media goes after Trump on his misconstrued nonsense and Trump is just using all of that noise to get more attention, as people research and clarify they may decide they actually agree with him and the people who don't like Trump won't get the clarifications and they keep hating him more and that is what is causing all this polarization.
    Their collective attention span is so low, they're expecting Trump to rid this country of every Muslim the week after he takes office, and they're going to be pissed when he doesn't/can't. If you think the average Boobus is capable of understanding everything you put in this post, dannno....no, I know you don't. You know better. And that's why Trump may be elected, but he'll fail miserably.

If you think. I can only show you the way. If you can't figure the rest out your self you are a lost cause.
    Like Trump, you have an overrated opinion of yourself. I've figured it out a long time ago. You, I'm afraid, are the lost cause.

Rand wanted to stop immigration from countries with a lot of radicalized Muslims.
    No, he didn't.

The main point of this post is to show that Rand and Trump have similar views on this issue
    No. Rand's point was regarding countries with poor documentation and screening, not the religious beliefs of the people who live in those countries.

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/MDM15J02.pdf
    Last edited by TheCount; 06-19-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Man I love this guy Trump. Hillary certainly will continue crazy policy of importing in terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Why you spam. Sad. Trump is against people coming here.

Why you spam. Sad. Trump is against people coming here.
    He was for it before he was against it before he was for it before he was against it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    No, he didn't.

No. Rand's point was regarding countries with poor documentation and screening, not the religious beliefs of the people who live in those countries.

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/MDM15J02.pdf

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He was for it before he was against it before he was for it before he was against it.
    Yet you post how he is anti immigration every chance that you get.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yet you post how he is anti immigration every chance that you get.

Man I love this guy Trump.

Government profiling.

In other words, let me poke you with a stick, and then I'll "profile" you as you react or don't react. Yeah, something that needs considering.

It's b.s. if you're not going to FIRST acknowledge the friggin' stick poking.

Cowards.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    If you can't beat 'em, ignore 'em.

Trump has a history of encouraging racial profiling, something Hillary would never even think about:

But SWCs Obama and Hillary are firing back against such prejudices:

Obama, Clinton lash out at Trump over anti-Muslim comments

By Daniel Halper and Marisa Schultz

June 14, 2016

Related

Hillary Clinton Campaign Spread Obama Muslim Rumors

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-rucker/can-black-people-trust-hillary_b_9312004.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast