Thread: Celebrating Movies & TV Shows About Fatherhood

Celebrating Movies & TV Shows About Fatherhood

In honor of Father's Day, let's post our favorite films and shows about fatherhood.

One of my picks is Interstellar. Basically, it's about a single father who has to go on a space mission to save Earth from extinction, but he needs his daughter's help:

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have several serious reasons to really doubt the depth of your scholarship about Fatherhood.

Back to the Regularly Scheduled Program...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I have several serious reasons to really doubt the depth of your scholarship about Fatherhood.
    Nice try, Ronin Truth.

Do you have any favorite movies and/or TV shows about fatherhood?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Nice try, Ronin Truth.

Do you have any favorite movies and/or TV shows about fatherhood?
    Father Knows Best.
    Ozzie and Harriet.
    Leave it to Beaver.
    Andy Griffith show.
    My Three Sons.
    Bonanza.
    The Rifleman.

etc., etc.

These were all from my formative years.

Taken

The Revenant

Commando

Hmmm... These are the first I thought of. Kind of violent though.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6