Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump campaign "facing an emergency goal of $100,000"

Trump campaign "facing an emergency goal of $100,000"

Washington (CNN)The Donald Trump campaign on Saturday released its first "emergency" fund-raising email, in response to an ad blitz from the Hillary Clinton campaign.

"Right now we're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 to help get our ads on the air. We need your contribution by 11:59 P.M. Tonight," the email from Team Trump said.

The email promises to release ads attacking Clinton on her role in Benghazi, the integrity of her donors and reported FBI probing of her private email server while secretary of state.

The urgent fundraising email is routine for most presidential campaigns. But it's particularly notable since Trump insisted repeatedly during the GOP primary season that he was self-funding his campaign, only to start asking for donations later on.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/18/po...ing/index.html

Time to throw a money bomb?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Dems pretty much announced what they were going to do over a month ago, and Trump's campaign waits until now.

Report: Dems to Hit Trump With $20 Million in Negative Ads Before Convention

BTW, the $100K is a lowball figure. They want $1M or more, so Trump can go around the next week or so and say he asked for $100K and got so much more, because the people love him.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Democrats to give Trump 'rude awakening' in summer onslaught

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Donald Trump's unconventional campaign is about to feel the heat of political organization.

Hillary Clinton and her Democratic allies have invested at least $41 million in commercials in crucial states such as Ohio, Florida and Nevada over the next six weeks, a series of summer broadsides against her Republican opponent. Those messages will be echoed by hundreds of Clinton workers in those same states and amplified by President Barack Obama and other top Democrats.

Trump has made few preparations for contending with that sort of well-oiled political machine. His campaign has no advertising plans and is just now hiring employees in important states. Republican leaders are far from in agreement on how best to talk to voters about the polarizing billionaire, or if they will at all. And Trump is running out of time: Early voting starts in Iowa in just 3 1/2 months.

"It's political malpractice," said Mitch Stewart, Obama's 2012 battleground states director and a Clinton backer. "He's in for a rude awakening. This isn't a national vote contest where you can be on cable news every day and dominate coverage. This is literally going state by state and coming up with a plan in each."

Clinton's large June and July ad buy comes as a reward for her near-constant fundraising. In May, she raised $27 million in primary election money that must be used before she accepts her party's nomination at the convention in late July.

Trump is playing catch up. He did not begin raising money in earnest until May 25, having largely financed his primary bid through personal loans to his campaign.

Clinton's latest spots, highlighting her past advocacy for children, are an attempt to reintroduce the returning presidential candidate — she lost the 2008 Democratic primary to Obama — to general election voters. Her campaign is spending about $23 million on ads by the convention, according to advertising tracker Kantar Media's CMAG.

But those voters are also hearing from Priorities USA, a super political action committee financed by millions of dollars from Clinton's staunchest supporters. The goal of those that $18.7 million batch of ads: cast Trump as a con-man and bully unprepared to be commander in chief.

"When I saw Donald Trump mock someone with a disability, it showed me his soul. It showed me his heart," says the father of a young girl with spina bifida, whose story is featured in one of the ads.

It's a strategy Democrats successfully used four years ago against Obama's GOP opponent, Mitt Romney. Over that summer, Priorities USA relied on an intensely negative advertising campaign to define Romney as unconcerned with the worries of average Americans.

Now, facing an opponent with far higher negative ratings and a weaker political organization, Democrats see an opportunity not only to retain the White House but make a strong play for winning control of the Senate and adding scores of Democrats to the House.

http://bigstory.ap.org/eff2534eeef84574bdcf3a456d025dbf
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    BTW, the $100K is a lowball figure. They want $1M or more, so Trump can go around the next week or so and say he asked for $100K and got so much more, because the people love him.
    Yep.

forgive me, but "money bomb" and "trump" mentioned in the same sentence AND posted on the RON PAUL FORUMS makes me want to throw up.....and then eat it, ......and then poop it out....and make a cake with it...and eat it again......vs a perfect sexual escapade.

this has got to be the worst post ive ever read, and i am now going to be nice, and not say anything more.

OMG the difference between now and 2007!!!!

ohh i WILL say one more thing.

vote for gary johnson. hes not perfect nor is his running mate, but both are NOT TRUMP OR CLINTON!!!!!!! fn' wtf is wrong with some of you???

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    forgive me, but "money bomb" and "trump" mentioned in the same sentence AND posted on the RON PAUL FORUMS makes me want to throw up.....and then eat it, ......and then poop it out....and make a cake with it...and eat it again......vs a perfect sexual escapade.

this has got to be the worst post ive ever read, and i am now going to be nice, and not say anything more.

OMG the difference between now and 2007!!!!
    ...fairly certain it was sarcasm.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From Jules, yes. But several others here would likely support one, let's be honest.

Does his Rolls need a tune-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    ...more like, he needs to meet his next interest payment to Morgan Stanley or else start preparing for bankruptcy #5.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    ohh i WILL say one more thing.

vote for gary johnson. hes not perfect nor is his running mate, but both are NOT TRUMP OR CLINTON!!!!!!! fn' wtf is wrong with some of you???
    A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    As my idiot friend Stefan used to say "that is not an argument". He doesn't want to vote for Trump or Hillary but you are trying to convince him that voting for Gary is voting for Hillary. How about looking at it this way, voting for Gary is not voting for Trump or Hillary which is his strategy to voting. I bet he could suggest that he stay home and you will still comeback with that idiotic line of reasoning.

/wrist

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    As my idiot friend Stefan used to say "that is not an argument". He doesn't want to vote for Trump or Hillary but you are trying to convince him that voting for Gary is voting for Hillary. How about looking at it this way, voting for Gary is not voting for Trump or Hillary which is his strategy to voting. I bet he could suggest that he stay home and you will still comeback with that idiotic line of reasoning.

/wrist
    You don't get it. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...more like, he needs to meet his next interest payment to Morgan Stanley or else start preparing for bankruptcy #5.
    You need to write fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

/wrist
    So much hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    You're both right!

...Plus, Trump's gotta pay for the actors in his crowd scenes. And what with declining attendance, that's only going to get more expensive. (Maybe if they hire chubbier actors, they can make the crowds look as large as they were months ago...)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A vote for the two party system is a vote for slavery.

You don't get it. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary.
    You don't get it. A vote for the two party system is a vote for slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    A vote for the two party system is a vote for slavery.

You don't get it. A vote for the two party system is a vote for slavery.
    Quit doing drugs.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Greatness.

Quit doing drugs.

A vote for Trump is a vote for Greatness.
    The saddest part of this post is that you probably believe this. I feel very sorry for you but there is a way out and I hope you find it.

/wrist

Trump supporters on suicide watch.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The Dems pretty much announced what they were going to do over a month ago, and Trump's campaign waits until now.

Report: Dems to Hit Trump With $20 Million in Negative Ads Before Convention

As opposed to Ron, who doesn't even have to ask for money but people love him so much they set up a moneybomb and bring in MILLIONS. Oh and afterwards, he doesn't brag about how much people love him.

THAT is why I love Ron. Screw Trump, he's a phony.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    As opposed to Ron, who doesn't even have to ask for money but people love him so much they set up a moneybomb and bring in MILLIONS. Oh and afterwards, he doesn't brag about how much people love him.

THAT is why I love Ron. Screw Trump, he's a phony.
    Did Ron take over republican party? I love Ron and I like Trump. But comparing them is useless they have very different goals and approaches.
    Last edited by silverhandorder; 06-19-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Did Ron take over republican party? I love Ron and I like Trump. But comparing them is useless they have very different goals and approaches.
    Because in a comparison to Ron Paul, this is Trump:
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I don't like Trump, never have, probably never will. I don't consider him as a person with an authentic personality. Which is something that helps me determine how much I value people. He simply doesn't have an authentic personality, it's dictated by the people around him. He might have become successful with it but someone who's become successful without an authentic personality is not my kind of person, not someone I can support.

Ron certainly did not take over the Republican party but in a way he did create the opportunity for Trump to run. Not that I'm completely excited by that fact but I won't deny it. I'm too honest for that. Trump certainly took over the Republican party in a much more successful way than Ron. However, the question is, what is his goal ?

In my opinion ? It's not to grow the Republican party. It's to grow his personal wealth/influence. I do not believe he gives a flying $#@! about the Republican party. I do not give many $#@!s about the Republican party either, however, as long as the Democrat party is not wrecked in a similar way, it is still the best vehicle we have to run our candidates. I still can't come to the conclusion that there is anything positive about Trump. Sorry for that.

I can understand, in a way, why people like Trump, I like the non-PC aspect but I don't like the message. It's not a message of inclusion, it's a message of division. Which is short term thinking, not long term. I don't like that. Ron didn't want to be president, I don't know if Trump actually wants to be president. If he does however, it's for all the wrong reasons.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well look at it this way. If Ron would have succeeded we would be dealing with the same problems Trump is dealing with. Dried up funding, leaders contradicting him and non stop racism baiting.

So the party would not grow under Ron either. The grow the party argument was used by us to get concessions from republicans and they told us to go f our selves.

It all comes down to do you want to win or stand for something? If you want to win then you will listen to all the don't rock the boat people and all the emotion trolls from the left.

It is better to lose and be done with it rather than every four years throwing away all the money and energy you have only to lose. Trump said if he does not win he will consider it a huge waste of time. That is how I felt in 2008.

Well look at it this way. If Ron would have succeeded we would be dealing with the same problems Trump is dealing with. Dried up funding, leaders contradicting him and non stop racism baiting.

So the party would not grow under Ron either. The grow the party argument was used by us to get concessions from republicans and they told us to go f our selves.

It all comes down to do you want to win or stand for something? If you want to win then you will listen to all the don't rock the boat people and all the emotion trolls from the left.

It is better to lose and be done with it rather than every four years throwing away all the money and energy you have only to lose. Trump said if he does not win he will consider it a huge waste of time. That is how I felt in 2008.
    I'm pretty sure that if Ron had won the nomination and asked for $100k the grassroots would have bombed him with $5 million in a single day.

Did Ron take over republican party?
    Has Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Ron had won the nomination and asked for $100k the grassroots would have bombed him with $5 million in a single day.
    Trump needs 100k where Ron needs 5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Has Trump?
    Yes.

Yes.
    How so?

Winning the nomination != taking over the party

When Trump loses in November, will there be any lasting impact he made on the party? What in the party will resemble him in any way, shape, or form afterwards? Will his "ideas" influence anything? Will others take up his mantle and run as Trump-republicans? Will state parties be taken over by the Trumpkins? Will he have encouraged anyone to get active?

Has he won the nomination, taken over the Republican party, or both?

I don't care to get bogged down in technicalities.

I will say what I think after reading your post. I personally don't like voting and think it is a waste of time. I heard Trump say something like if he loses he is going to think this is a waste of time. So yeah I hope we all gtfo of politics if we lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast