Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump + NRA to discuss banning the 2A for those on the "list".

Trump + NRA to discuss banning the 2A for those on the "list".

Trump to meet with NRA about banning gun sales for terror watch list.

Donald Trump will meet with the National Rifle Association to discuss preventing people on the terror watch list or no-fly list from buying guns, he announced Wednesday.

“I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns,” Trump tweeted Wednesday.
    Should come as no surprise.

Despite his recent rhetoric Trump has said he supported the AWB and has criticized the NRA.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do we find out if we are on the list?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Oh neat.

So now you won't even have due process when the government decides you shouldn't own a firearm. All they'll have to do is add you to a secret list. No oversight, no rules, no legislation, no charges, no accuser. Sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Ron Paul supporters = on the list.
    Last edited by unknown; 06-15-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Ok, so can we finally dispel the notion that Trump might protect the 2nd Amendment? I mean, he hasn't even won the office yet and he's already openly talking about increasing government power into this arena as well.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

If you give me your name I'll be happy to check
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Lets ask the lobbyist if we can make or change a law!!!!!!

Can he ask lobbyist if we can start drinking raw milk/grow hemp/quit putting ethanol in gas/.......
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 06-15-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ok, so can we finally dispel the notion that Trump might protect the 2nd Amendment? I mean, he hasn't even won the office yet and he's already openly talking about increasing government power into this arena as well.
    hey hey hey, he's just tricking the globalists. If anyone is on my side, it's going to be a billionaire Manhattan businessman.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    hey hey hey, he's just tricking the globalists. If anyone is on my side, it's going to be a billionaire Manhattan businessman.
    Oh, right. I keep forgetting that.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

So, who here is still supporting this traitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sen. Chris Murphy is in the middle of a talking filibuster right now until Senators can come up with a "deal" for a gun control bill.

Murphy, a top gun-control advocate whose home state saw the massacre of 20 school children at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012, launched the filibuster, and was immediately backed up by colleagues Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). More Senate Democrats are expected to join the talk-a-thon throughout the day and night on Wednesday — the same day presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump is scheduled to meet with the National Rifle Association.

The NRA formally backed an approach favored by Senate Republicans that would allow a judge to arbitrate people who mistakenly end up on the terrorism watch list and want to buy guns, while Democrats prefer giving the Justice Department such authority. Both bills were voted down by the Senate last December.

"If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist. At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed," said Chris Cox, the executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action.

The blessing of the NRA may cause some Republicans to dig in behind Cornyn's proposal, and make it harder for any compromise with Democrats to pass muster.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...control-224369
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Regularly buy firearms...

This is a straight up betrayal of the 2nd amendment and its supporters by Donald Trump. And note, conspiracy theorist, former outspoken defender of the 2nd amendment and Trump sycophant Alex Jones will NOT cover this. Or if he does he will make excuses for it.

To put this in perspective, the first time I heard this proposal it was Barack Obama henchman Rahm Emanuel!

Please see:

And note, this video was in the Alex Jones film "The Obama Deception." Is he going to release a film called "The Trump Deception?" If so, will he star in his own film?

Oh yeah. And to all of the people here who are Donald Trump supporters who viciously attacking me for pointing out that Donald Trump couldn't be trusted because, among other things, back in 2000 Mr. Trump called for an assault weapons ban.....well I forgive you. Yes that includes you LibertyEagle. I forgive you. You don't even have to admit you were wrong.

And yes. We are totally screwed now because as untrustworthy as Trump is on gun control (and other things), Hillary Clinton can be trusted to be worse. I live in a state where the GOP could run Beavis and Butthead and still win so I can vote 3rd party (Gary Johnson at this point) with good conscience. But some of y'all were going hardcore Trump when there were other options such as Ted Cruz. Alex Jones was going hardcore Trump when Rand Paul was still in the race. I tell you what. Ted Cruz wouldn't be folding on gun control. "Oh but he flip flopped on the TPP." So freaking what? He ultimately voted against it and if we lose our gun rights who gives a crap about bad trade deals?

At this point I honestly don't care who wins in November. We are screwed. And some of the people on this forum helped screwed us. Again, you're forgiven. We all make mistakes. Trump is unwilling to ever admit to his mistakes. The question is are his supporters willing to admit their mistakes? And are they willing now to tell Mr. Trump in no uncertain terms at ever rally they attend "We REJECT your proposal to let gun rights be taken away without due process just because someone is suspected of possibly being a terrorist especially as there is no due process associated with the no fly list."

Seriously Trump supporters. Are you going to stand with us against this HORRIBLE idea being put forward by your dear leader? Because only you can stop him at this point. Call into Alex Jones. Call into Michael Savage. Call into any talk show host that has sold out to Donald Trump and say "Listen. If you don't want to be totally marginalized from here on out, come out HARD against this proposal by Donald Trump! I support Trump, but I reject gun control."

And again Trump supporters, you are forgiven.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So, who here is still supporting this traitor?
    He's better than Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    This is a straight up betrayal of the 2nd amendment and its supporters by Donald Trump. And note, conspiracy theorist, former outspoken defender of the 2nd amendment and Trump sycophant Alex Jones will NOT cover this. Or if he does he will make excuses for it.

To put this in perspective, the first time I heard this proposal it was Barack Obama henchman Rahm Emanuel!

Please see:

And note, this video was in the Alex Jones film "The Obama Deception." Is he going to release a film called "The Trump Deception?" If so, will he star in his own film?

Oh yeah. And to all of the people here who are Donald Trump supporters who viciously attacking me for pointing out that Donald Trump couldn't be trusted because, among other things, back in 2000 Mr. Trump called for an assault weapons ban.....well I forgive you. Yes that includes you LibertyEagle. I forgive you. You don't even have to admit you were wrong.

And yes. We are totally screwed now because as untrustworthy as Trump is on gun control (and other things), Hillary Clinton can be trusted to be worse. I live in a state where the GOP could run Beavis and Butthead and still win so I can vote 3rd party (Gary Johnson at this point) with good conscience. But some of y'all were going hardcore Trump when there were other options such as Ted Cruz. Alex Jones was going hardcore Trump when Rand Paul was still in the race. I tell you what. Ted Cruz wouldn't be folding on gun control. "Oh but he flip flopped on the TPP." So freaking what? He ultimately voted against it and if we lose our gun rights who gives a crap about bad trade deals?

At this point I honestly don't care who wins in November. We are screwed. And some of the people on this forum helped screwed us. Again, you're forgiven. We all make mistakes. Trump is unwilling to ever admit to his mistakes. The question is are his supporters willing to admit their mistakes? And are they willing now to tell Mr. Trump in no uncertain terms at ever rally they attend "We REJECT your proposal to let gun rights be taken away without due process just because someone is suspected of possibly being a terrorist especially as there is no due process associated with the no fly list."

Seriously Trump supporters. Are you going to stand with us against this HORRIBLE idea being put forward by your dear leader? Because only you can stop him at this point. Call into Alex Jones. Call into Michael Savage. Call into any talk show host that has sold out to Donald Trump and say "Listen. If you don't want to be totally marginalized from here on out, come out HARD against this proposal by Donald Trump! I support Trump, but I reject gun control."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1. Create an arbitrary, secret list of people who are "terrorists", with no criteria or due process to put someone on the list.
    2. Ban Everyone on the list from buying weapons.
    3. Add everyone who owns weapons to list.
    4. No more legal gun owners.
    5. Institute slavery.

Trump set to work with NRA on compromise:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36540388
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

"Trump is just trying to gain support from the left! This is part of his plan!"
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    He's better than Hillary.
    What evidence do you have to support that?! That's just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What evidence do you have to support that?! That's just nonsense.
    Empty, religious platitudes aside, there are many ways in which he is better that have been spelled out a hundred times on this forum. Unless you are really crazy enough to believe that the devil sent Hillary and Trump to lead us into his arms.

From the article:

"Our position is no guns for terrorists—period," the association wrote. "Due process & right to self-defense for law-abiding Americans."

NRA Institute for Legislative Action executive director Chris W. Cox reiterated as much in a statement released by the association, expressing willingness to meet with Trump but emphasizing that its position remains unchanged.

“The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing,” Cox said in the statement.

“If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist,” he continued. “At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed.”

The NRA in November maintained that it “does not want terrorists or dangerous people to have firearms,” arguing that “any suggestion otherwise is offensive and wrong.”

“The NRA’s only objective is to ensure that Americans who are wrongly on the list are afforded their constitutional right to due process,” Jennifer Baker, the NRA-ILA’s public affairs director, said in a statement at the time. “It is appalling that anti-gun politicians are exploiting the Paris terrorist attacks to push their gun-control agenda and distract from President Obama’s failed foreign policy.”
    So, if Trump's position is the same as the NRA's, then...

Empty, religious platitudes aside, there are many ways in which he is better that have been spelled out a hundred times on this forum. Unless you are really crazy enough to believe that the devil sent Hillary and Trump to lead us into his arms.
    The good captain is not the only one in all the world who has read C.S. Lewis.

The tactic is well-known and valid, and has been used by the two major parties since before either of us was born. Trying to discredit it by attempting to say it has no validity outside of religion is goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    ...it doesn't reflect well on Trump, at least among those who actually pay attention to what the NRA does.

Gun Owners of America carries some actually credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

$#@! a bunch of Alex Jones, I've had just about enough of him lately.

And I don't forgive them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Please see:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bill Clinton encouraged both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to run for president. Bill Clinton = Satan.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

From the article:

Trump and the NRA are both trying to destroy the 2nd amendment, yes.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Trump and the NRA are both trying to destroy the 2nd amendment, yes.
    Fair enough. I can respect that position. But I must say, that's the first time I've heard someone accuse the NRA of trying to destroy the 2nd.
    Last edited by openfire; 06-15-2016 at 02:19 PM.

From the article:

Here's what you missed from your own quote.

“The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing,” Cox said in the statement.

If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist,” he continued. “At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed.”

So Trump's position, which is equivalent to Rahm Emmanuel's position, is for a gun ban for anyone on the terror watch list. The NRA's position is for a delay of the sale while the government investigates to see if the person has actually committed a crime. If the person has committed a crime, then prosecute him. If he's convicted, and his conviction is a felony, then he's lost his right to bear arms through due process. Trump said nothing about due process or a "delay" in his tweet. Of course if enough people put pressure on him he will "qualify" his statement to be more in line with the NRA (not that I actually trust the NRA to protect gun rights either) and that is what I'm hoping for. We must keep the pressure on this charlatan. He is the GOP nominee. The advantage over Hillary, and it's a small advantage, is that he actually needs people who support the 2nd amendment to vote for him. Thus he might be persuaded to do the right thing. But if people like you keep insisting on making excuses for him, the pressure needed for him to do the right thing will dissipate. Quit making excuses for the man. Hold his feet to the fire. That's our only hope.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-15-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@! a bunch of Alex Jones, I've had just about enough of him lately.
    I lost what remaining respect I had for Alex Jones when he came out hard core for Trump when Rand Paul was still in the race. It was disgusting.

And I don't forgive them.
    Well I've been reading thinking a lot about forgiveness lately in general and so I'm just in one of those moods.

Fair enough. I can respect that position. But I must say, that's the first time I've heard someone accuse the NRA of trying to destroy the 2nd.
    Lol nice edit. Of course I don't support a list like Hillary and Trump. This is RonPaulforums. Not the Democrat underground. Shall not be infringed.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast