Thread: Mark Sanford with unimpressive 11% win in primary

Mark Sanford with unimpressive 11% win in primary

Mark Sanford
    55.61%
    Jenny Horne
    44.39%

http://www.enr-scvotes.org/SC/62359/...n/summary.html

Apparently a lot of voters are upset that Sanford wants to close down the Guantanamo prison because he opposes indefinite detention. His opponent, a state representative, posted about Sanford being one of only three Republicans to vote to shut down the prison on Facebook and the post has hundreds of comments: https://www.facebook.com/JennyAnders...54853163130299

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw that. It is a little disappointing. Sanford is an outstanding Congressman and very underrated.

I don't imagine that his past, as a Bilderberg attendee, helped him out very much.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    win is a win
    That.

I don't recall seeing headlines like that when establishment candidates win by narrow margins.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I don't recall seeing headlines like that when establishment candidates win by narrow margins.
    I pointed it out as an abundance of caution that liberty candidates need more support. A narrow win only encourages future candidates to run against Sanford just like when our candidates lose by a narrow margin, we hope that the results encourage them to run again.

11% isn't that narrow to me. It's not like he will lose the general either.

Sanford, Gowdy & Mulvaney's arrogance on Mexican illegal aliens is going to be a target in 2018 low turnout primary, as well once the candidates get schooled like Dave Brat did on changing his attacks on Cantor.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    11% isn't that narrow to me. It's not like he will lose the general either.
    Compare his 11% win to all other incumbent primary victories.