Thread: ‘The LP Has Been Dead for a Long Time’

‘The LP Has Been Dead for a Long Time’

‘The LP Has Been Dead for a Long Time’

By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

June 12, 2016

Writes Phillip Folkler:

I have been reading the commentary regarding the so called libertarian party with some amusement… Same kind of amusement as one gets from a disaster movie.

Gary Johnson is now, and has always been a failed GOP politician. He is only libertarian in comparison to John McCain.

The GOP went even more in the direction that gave us “W” (and his father) a long time ago. Before Regan finished his first year in office.

I have not voted Libertarian since Ron Paul was the nominee. Do I hope Johnson wins? He would likely be a lot better than the alternatives…. BUT a snowball in hell has a better chance.

So I find myself reading Walter Block regarding Trump… I wont do anything in that direction, but I do point out the few good reasons Dr. Block mentions when I am asked.

Are we doomed? No, I do not think so. But the saying…. “Mankind is not a rational creature, but a rationalizing one” seems to be proved again and again.

Thank goodness there are folks like you, Dr. Block and many others who are still fighting the good fight for rational ideas and civil discourse.

Email Lew

https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...ead-long-time/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will probably vote Johnson in protest of the establishment, just like I did last cycle.

I just can't stomach Trump or Clinton.
    Speak in defense of our good name
    The blood of kin grants absolution
    I'll join them soon enough in the ground of God's country

The LP was stillborn.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I'm not going to disagree, but surely you can admit...

It'd be fun as hell to give the R or the D a run for their money...
    Speak in defense of our good name
    The blood of kin grants absolution
    I'll join them soon enough in the ground of God's country

So I find myself reading Walter Block regarding Trump… I wont do anything in that direction, but I do point out the few good reasons Dr. Block mentions when I am asked.
    But the saying…. “Mankind is not a rational creature, but a rationalizing one” seems to be proved again and again.
    You've been proving that this election cycle Lew.
    Last edited by robert68; 06-14-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Vigilans View Post
    I will probably vote Johnson in protest of the establishment, just like I did last cycle.
    So basically you would vote pro-war, pro-abortion, pro-big government?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    You've been proving that this election cycle Lew.
    Boy, has he ever!

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    So basically you would vote pro-war, pro-abortion, pro-big government?
    Only a lesser-of-two-evils-propagandist could conflate the only vote for less war and less government that way. Anyone else is inclined to talk sense on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The LP was stillborn.
    And the D's and R's were born retarded.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    And the D's and R's were born retarded.
    While Lew Rockwell is a born obstructionist.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Only a lesser-of-two-evils-propagandist could conflate the only vote for less war and less government that way. Anyone else is inclined to talk sense on the subject.
    How is a vote for the LP the only vote for less war and less government?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    How is a vote for the LP the only vote for less war and less government?
    Ha! Oops, I guess I was being a bit of a lesser of three evils propagandist there, wasn't I...?

I was just doing it for illustrative purposes, I assure you.

Ha! Oops, I guess I was being a bit of a lesser of three evils propagandist there, wasn't I...?

I was just doing it for illustrative purposes, I assure you.
    LOL that's exactly what I was going to say next.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

there is an unintentional byproduct from the Twitter*spat Facebook~flamer cyberspace universe we are often part of,
    Gary Johnson's name is now a household word, like as if its one cyber*word. garyjohnson. just that. i am cutting him
    slack on Aleppo. his gaffe may have revived the LP in a bigger way. remember ROSS PEROT in the 1990s and his good
    ole REFORM PARTY? Gary Johnson the geographically challenged may be on the verge of denying a state or two or three
    to both Hillary "C" and THAHHH Donald. Hillary "C" might even swamp D.T by popular vote but be part of a 269 v. 269
    Electoral College deadlock because of the antics of the third guy who might end up being a POTUS with the last name of
    JOHNSON and all jokes that go along with this. ANDREW, LYNDON and now GARY. Jill Stein right now is protesting near
    an oil pipeline that is being built that connects the Dakotas to Illinois. If she keeps this up, she may be arrested on the spot.

While Lew Rockwell is a born obstructionist.
    God bless him for it, too. If there were more Paulian/Rockwellian obstructionists in congress, I'd be inclined to take politics a little more seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12