Thread: Rand endorses Col. Rob Maness for Senator from Louisiana

Rand endorses Col. Rob Maness for Senator from Louisiana

To replace David Vitter…

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uisiana-senate
    Sen. Rand Paul Endorses Col. Rob Maness for Senate from Louisiana
    by MIKE FLYNN
    11 Jun 2016

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul endorsed Col. Rob Maness this week in the race to replace outgoing Louisiana Sen. David Vitter. Vitter announced he wouldn’t run for reelection when he launched an unsuccessful run for governor last year.

“The United States Senate is in desperate need of principled constitutional conservatives committed to protecting individual liberty and that is exactly why I am thrilled to endorse Col. Rob Maness for Senate in Louisiana,” Sen. Paul said in a statement. “He is a staunch believer in our 4th amendment rights and understands that to truly protect liberty, we must protect the ENTIRE Bill of Rights. Today I stand with Col. Maness and I hope you will stand with him too! I’m asking every lover of liberty in the Pelican State to vote for Col. Maness.”

Col. Maness, retired bomber squadron commander in the US Air Force, ran unsuccessfully for US Senate in 2014. Incumbent US Sen. Mary Landrieu and GOP Rep. Bill Cassidy each received around 40 percent of the vote on election day and advanced to a December run-off. Cassidy defeated Landrieu to capture the seat for Republicans. Maness, running a grass-roots campaign, captured 14 percent of the vote in 2014.

Maness has also been endorsed in the race by retired neurosurgeon and GOP Presidential candidate Ben Carson, GOP strategist Mary Matalin and a number of tea party and grass roots organizations.

There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats running to replace Vitter in the Senate. Louisiana holds a “jungle primary” on election day, November 8. If no candidate receives a majority of the vote on election day, the top two candidates, regardless of party, advance to a December run-off contest.

If a Democrat candidate were to advance out of the jungle primary, it is theoretically possible that control of the US Senate could be decided in the December run-off. It is more likely, though, that two Republicans will advance to the run-off.

The top Democrat candidate is Foster Campbell, the state’s Public Service Commissioner. Campbell ran unsuccessfully for Governor in 2007. He also lost three campaigns for Congress in the 1990s.

The Republicans have a crowded field to replace Vitter. Other than Maness, the top GOP candidates are US Reps. John Fleming and Charles Boutsany and John Kennedy, Louisiana State Treasurer. He was reelected Treasurer in 2015 with 80 percent of the vote.

“I’m blown away to earn the endorsement of Senator Rand Paul,” Col. Maness said.

There is no bigger champion of liberty in all of Washington than Senator Paul, and to receive his endorsement is truly an honor. From his courageous fight to defend our 4th amendment rights, to his steadfast stand against our 19 trillion dollar debt, he is exactly the type of Senator our founders envisioned. When I win this race, I’ll consistently be standing with him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uisiana-senate
    More info:
    http://www.robmaness.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ColRobManess

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have not heard of him before but I sure like this part;

“I’m blown away to earn the endorsement of Senator Rand Paul,” Col. Maness said.

There is no bigger champion of liberty in all of Washington than Senator Paul, and to receive his endorsement is truly an honor.
    "I am a bird"

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He supports the War on Drugs

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Rob_Maness.htm

(Note: When you see Sarah Palin, Mary Matalin, and James Dobson endorsing a candidate, that should raise red flags.)
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 06-24-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post

(Note: When you see Sarah Palin, Mary Matalin, and James Dobson endorsing a candidate, that should raise red flags.)
    He seems like more or less a Ted Cruz Republican
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    by MIKE FLYNN
    11 Jun 2016
    Mike Flynn died yesterday.

Maness has changed his position for this election on medical marijuana and is now in favor of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    He seems like more or less a Ted Cruz Republican
    yippee.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Maness has changed his position for this election on medical marijuana and is now in favor of it.
    oh goodie. Trump lite.

I'm sorry. Louisiana Republicans don't impress me much.

I don't know who Mary Matalin is, but Sarah Palin and James Dobson both endorsed Rand for senate in 2010. Don't know if they've endorsed any other good candidates, so your point stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I don't know who Mary Matalin is, but Sarah Palin and James Dobson both endorsed Rand for senate in 2010. Don't know if they've endorsed any other good candidates, so your point stands.
    Aside from the fact that Mrs. Palin seems a little whacko, she recently endorsed Donald Trump (probably proving the theory.) James Dobson has previously endorsed Ted Cruz in 2016 and Rick Santorum in 2012. Mary Matalin was Poppy Bush's campaign director and an assistant to Bush 43.

Oh ok. I realize their endorsements are usually bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Mary Matalin is also married to James Carville, they ran opposing candidates in 1992. Supposedly they don't talk politics around the house.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Mary Matalin is also married to James Carville, they ran opposing candidates in 1992. Supposedly they don't talk politics around the house.
    And James Carville is from ................Louisiana! We've come full circle.

Isn't Mary Matalin a registered Libertarian? I know, I know, lol...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry. Louisiana Republicans don't impress me much.
    He's barely Louisiana. Very carpetbaggy.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Yes, she announced her party registration change a few months ago. She and Carville have lived in New Orleans for the past five years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Doubt it. Just another one co-opting the word.

He's barely Louisiana. Very carpetbaggy.
    Have you ever heard him speak? He's very Louisiana!!

Have you ever heard him speak? He's very Louisiana!!
    Yes, I have. He doesn't sound like someone from Louisiana. He sounds like a lifelong Army brat. And he isn't familiar with Louisiana issues.
    Last edited by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo; 06-26-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Doubt it. Just another one co-opting the word.
    Matalin is in fact a registered Libertarian, as I posted. You were very wrong to doubt this fact.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...pendent-222882

Yes, I have. He doesn't sound like someone from Louisiana. He sounds like a lifelong Army brat. And he isn't familiar with Louisiana issues.
    Well, you judged incorrectly. He was born in Louisiana and lived in the state most of his life. He sounds exactly like most cajuns I know.

Matalin is in fact a registered Libertarian, as I posted. You were very wrong to doubt this fact.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...pendent-222882
    It's meaningless. She's only doing that to thumb her nose at Trump. It's not necessary of course, but I guess she thinks it is. As a bonus, it adds more discredit to the word "libertarian." I don't even identify with that word anymore.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, she announced her party registration change a few months ago. She and Carville have lived in New Orleans for the past five years or so.
    Wow. I was not aware of that. And she endorsed Austin Peterson.

“Today, the same unavoidable conflict between two inherently disparate views of governance remains; the same conflict evidenced in the struggle for ratification of the Constitution and highlighted in the campaign of 1800, which resulted in a two party system. Our country's remarkable founding was never about a Party or a Person, but the glorious ideal of freedom applied to unruly human nature.
    In these tumultuous times of domestic and global uncertainty, the country would be well served with Austin Petersen on the national ballot along with the two established party candidates.
    The times call for and Americans deserve a full-throated, clear, coherent call for the restoration of those principles our Founders divined and their progeny refined. Austin Petersen is a courageous adherent of and best represents Jefferson’s inviolate first principle: Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.”
    I don't know how sincere to is but I have to give her two thumbs up for her actions.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

He was born in Louisiana and lived in the state most of his life. He sounds exactly like most cajuns I know.
    You're just wrong.

Maybe you're thinking of another candidate. Boustany? Hebert?

Maness was born on a military base in the Pacific Northwest. He was raised on foreign military bases and in Tennessee.

During his 35-year military career, he spent maybe two years stationed in Shreveport. He spent most of it as a Pentagon bureaucrat. He moved to Louisiana about five years ago when he retired from the Pentagon.

You're just wrong.

Maybe you're thinking of another candidate. Boustany? Hebert?

Maness was born on a military base in the Pacific Northwest. He was raised on foreign military bases and in Tennessee.

During his 35-year military career, he spent maybe two years stationed in Shreveport. He spent most of it as a Pentagon bureaucrat. He moved to Louisiana about five years ago when he retired from the Pentagon.
    I'm sorry! I lost track of the discussion....I thought we were talking about James Carville for some reason. *embarrassed* I have no idea where Maness is from and do not care. You're probably right about him.