Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Trump orders surrogates to attack media as 'racists'

Report: Trump orders surrogates to attack media as 'racists'

Report: Trump orders surrogates to attack media as 'racists'

By Hadas Gold

06/06/16 06:11 PM EDT

Donald Trump is well known for attacking the media, calling out individual journalists as "sleazy" and barring or physically removing others from his campaign events.

On Monday, Trump told high-profile supporters in a conference call to start attacking the media for asking questions about the Trump University lawsuit, Bloomberg Politics reports. Trump has said the judge in the case, an Indiana-born man of Mexican heritage, can't be impartial in the case because Trump wants to build a wall along the border with Mexico.

"The people asking the questions — those are the racists," Trump reportedly said. "I would go at 'em."

In particular, Trump told his surrogates to go after television reporters, whom he called "hypocrites," according to Bloomberg.

Trump has faced tough television interviews in recent days, with CNN's Jake Tapper and CBS News' John Dickerson grilling him over his comments about the judge. Tapper made 23 attempts to get Trump to answer whether his comments were racist, while Dickerson asked Trump whether he would also consider a Muslim judge to be biased against him.

Trump's reply? “It’s possible, yes. Yeah. That would be possible, absolutely."
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...racists-223961
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, I thought "racist" was a SJW, progressive, leftist, propaganda term?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It is. Trump understands that to defeat the enemy, you must use their weapons against them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    It is. Trump understands that to defeat the enemy, you must use their weapons against them.
    Right. Which is why he's pandering to a variety of different groups, flip-flopping in order to do so. Just like other politicians, so yes, your assertion that he's using their weapons against them may very well be more correct than you could ever imagine.
    "I am a bird"

When someone says "they're the real racists!" you can almost assuredly bet they're racist. It's right up there with "I have a ___ friend, so I can't be racist!"

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    When someone says "they're the real racists!" you can almost assuredly bet they're racist. It's right up there with "I have a ___ friend, so I can't be racist!"
    Anybody who claims to know anothers heart is a fool.

Regardless of words or behavior.

An honest person might say that one exhibits racist speech or behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Anybody who claims to know anothers heart is a fool.

Regardless of words or behavior.

An honest person might say that one exhibits racist speech or behavior.
    If you disregard the existence of both implicit and explicit biases, sure. Unfortunately for your argument, both of these things exist. People can deny they're racist — and truly believe that — while still being implicitly racist.

Edit: We've had this discussion before.
    Last edited by Antischism; 06-07-2016 at 06:39 AM.

I have to agree with him here. The MSM media talking heads are a bunch of hypocritical racists.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you disregard the existence of both implicit and explicit biases, sure. Unfortunately for your argument, both of these things exist. People can deny they're racist — and truly believe that — while still being implicitly racist.

Edit: We've had this discussion before.
    You're still trying to grant yourself the ability to know anothers heart......

Implicit or explicit, one can only honestly attribute speech or behavior to another.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You're still trying to grant yourself the ability to know anothers heart......

Implicit or explicit, one can only honestly attribute speech or behavior to another.
    I mean, the only way we truly know what's in someone's heart is based on their words and actions. If someone felt differently, that would be reflected as such. We're not omnipotent, so we make judgments based on what people say and do.

Landing an entry-level gig in a newsroom is no easy task. Positions that are truly open to the public are hard to come by, and when one pops up, competition is fierce. So what does it take to get a job in the industry right now? Applicants just need to be savvy, persistent—and it also helps a lot if they’re white.

While the media industry has changed drastically over the past decade or so, the demographic composition of newsrooms hasn’t. In 2014, all minority groups accounted for 22.4 percent of television journalists, 13 percent of radio journalists, and 13.34 percent of journalists at daily newspapers. Pretty pathetic, considering the fact that minorities make up 37.4 percent of the U.S. population. But walk into most major newsrooms in the U.S. and you’ll be overwhelmed by the whiteness and maleness of the editorial staff. Journalism certainly isn’t the only field that is notoriously and historically homogenous. But this is a big problem for an industry whose ambition is to serve and inform an increasingly diverse public.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...nalism/399461/

That is an interesting claim for him to run with considering the demographics.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

If there’s anyone who wouldn’t notice racism, it’s actual racists. Remember, if you believe that nonwhites are inferior, you’re unlikely to notice when someone says something—“Blacks just want handouts”—that confirms your biases. In fact, contra Goldberg, it would actually be very odd for a racist to call “racism.” After all, to them, it’s just common sense.
    http://www.thenation.com/article/app...-anti-racists/

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I mean, the only way we truly know what's in someone's heart is based on their words and actions. If someone felt differently, that would be reflected as such. We're not omnipotent, so we make judgments based on what people say and do.
    I can only speak for myself but I don't want to judge others on something as subjective as "racism".........

OMG!!! Trump are a pandering leftist!!! Sell the bonds!!!

Another Bernie/Hillary tool thread by CPUd.

C'mon, guys… you can Google better than this.

one of his surrogates just called Paul Ryan racist for using leftist identity politics in calling the judge comments racist

How is this mess supposed to help make America great again?

Same ole stupid sideshows. Reality TV for the masses. Yawn.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for him. That is how the game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Right. Which is why he's pandering to a variety of different groups, flip-flopping in order to do so. Just like other politicians, so yes, your assertion that he's using their weapons against them may very well be more correct than you could ever imagine.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to luctor-et-emergo again.

I just can't watch this circus anymore. I'm going to bury myself in very boring yet intellectually stimulating non-fiction books until the $#@!s are no longer in charge
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to luctor-et-emergo again.

I just can't watch this circus anymore. I'm going to bury myself in very boring yet intellectually stimulating non-fiction books until the $#@!s are no longer in charge
    I don't believe in re-incarnation.
    "I am a bird"

It's true that media does usually tend to fall back on the race card in order to create political naratives and to avoid the intricates of the critical issues of the day. no doubt about that. And their audiences eat it up like candy.

I like the way Trump is playing this.

Relevant reading in terms of the media and falling back on the race card to avoid reality discussing reality... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5278281

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No, it's only a propaganda term when it is used incorrectly. Like when Trump suggests that because his Judge has a proud Mexican heritage, he might be biased against him because of his political views - some how that makes him racist.

If Trump said that any Mexican Judge would be biased against him, that would be racist. However he just said that this Mexican Judge was biased against him. Individual vs. Group.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, it's only a propaganda term when it is used incorrectly. Like when Trump suggests that because his Judge has a proud Mexican heritage, he might be biased against him because of his political views - some how that makes him racist.

If Trump said that any Mexican Judge would be biased against him, that would be racist. However he just said that this Mexican Judge was biased against him. Individual vs. Group.
    So if someone harms one member of a group because of his perception of the group then it's not racist? So, as long as the kkk was only hanging one person at a time it wasn't racist?

Make no mistake, Trump is attempting to destroy the reputation of this particular judge based on an opinion of those of Mexican heritage.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump says that the judge has an inherent bias due to his Mexican heritage. I'm not sure how you are able to twist that into being about his political views unless you are proposing that Mexicans are born with set political beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    So if someone harms one member of a group because of his perception of the group then it's not racist? So, as long as the kkk was only hanging one person at a time it wasn't racist?
    No, that was racist because they were doing that to them for the sole or primary reason that they were apart of that group. I mean, maybe they committed a crime or did something wrong, but in many cases they were only punished that harshly because of their race.

Trump wasn't racist in the Judge case because the primary reason he accused the Judge of what he did was because he believed the Judge was biased and treating him unfairly. Trump believed the reason was related to the Judge's race, but that was just an explanation as to what he thought the motivations were behind the unfair treatment.

Make no mistake, Trump is attempting to destroy the reputation of this particular judge based on an opinion of those of Mexican heritage.
    No, it's based on his opinion that the Judge was biased in the case. If the Judge was biased, then they should have their reputation destroyed. If they weren't biased, then they shouldn't have their reputation destroyed.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yep.

If the Judge called Trump a stupid gringo who robs people because of his "elitist" white heritage, the Trumpies would be all over it.
    There is no spoon.

No, that was racist because they were doing that to them for the sole or primary reason that they were apart of that group. I mean, maybe they committed a crime or did something wrong, but in many cases they were only punished that harshly because of their race.

Trump wasn't racist in the Judge case because the primary reason he accused the Judge of what he did was because he believed the Judge was biased and treating him unfairly. Trump believed the reason was related to the Judge's race, but that was just an explanation as to what he thought the motivations were behind the unfair treatment.

No, it's based on his opinion that the Judge was biased in the case. If the Judge was biased, then they should have their reputation destroyed. If they weren't biased, then they shouldn't have their reputation destroyed.
    October 2014, have you any answer to that yet?

Trump's opinions do not fit his timeline. Trump's methodology to discredit the judge is based upon the judge's genetics. He has had 2 years to file based upon the persecution he claims to be suffering. His present evidence of bias postdates the ruling he is angry of receiving.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump says that the judge has an inherent bias due to his Mexican heritage. I'm not sure how you are able to twist that into being about his political views unless you are proposing that Mexicans are born with set political beliefs.
    Can you please provide the video with minutes and seconds or transcript where Trump said the Judge had an "inherent" bias due to his Mexican heritage?

No, you can't, because you are wrong. He never said that. That is the kind of bull$#@! that people who have already made their minds up that Trump is racist make up in their heads to justify their out of control accusations.

I can prove you are wrong - over the weekend Trump had an interview on NPR where they asked him if he thought it was possible a Muslim Judge might have the same bias against him due to his political beliefs. Trump said, and I quote, "Yes, it's possible." That means it is also possible the Muslim Judge might NOT have a bias against Trump which means the Judge would not have an inherent bias like you said. No statement that Trump made ever claimed that every Mexican Judge would be biased, nor would every Muslim Judge be biased. He has said the opposite. He only says that he thinks the reason why the Judge is biased against him in this case is because he disagrees with him politically on issues related to race.

This is why Trump is winning, because of people like you. I don't like Trump that much, I don't support him, and I'm sick of him getting more and more popular because the mainstream media continues to pull all these BS tactics against him. You and CPUd probably work for the Trump campaign, his entire campaign strategy has been based on trolling people into reacting like....like..... well I can't say it without throwing out an insult so I won't say anything at all.

October 2014, have you any answer to that yet?

Trump's opinions do not fit his timeline. Trump's methodology to discredit the judge is based upon the judge's genetics. He has had 2 years to file based upon the persecution he claims to be suffering. His present evidence of bias postdates the ruling he is angry of receiving.
    We had this discussion already - I agree the media should be asking more important questions, but what you are saying has no bearing on whether Trump's statements were racist. His statements may be invalidated if he can't provide a good reason why the Judge would have felt that way in 2014, but on the other hand maybe he has a good explanation. You can't hang your argument on that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast