Thread: MMA fighter Kimbo Slice dead at 42

Exclamation MMA fighter Kimbo Slice dead at 42

Kimbo Slice dead at 42

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/bellato...ice-dead-at-42

Bellator heavyweight and popular slugger Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson today died in his home state of Florida.

In a statement, company Scott Coker praised the “beloved member of the Bellator family” who was “one of the most popular MMA fighters ever.”

The Twitter account for the fighter’s home gym, Florida’s famed American Top Team, also announced the death of the “legend”:

A representative for the Coral Springs Police Department told MMAjunkie the 42-year-old fighter was today admitted to Northwest Medical Center in Margate, Fla. TMZ Sports first reported he had been hospitalized and was in a “dire” situation.

The cause of his death was not immediately clear.

A police rep told MMAjunkie officers were sent to Slice’s home as a courtesy after he was admitted to the hospital, but found no issues.

Coker’s full statement:

We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating and untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family.

One of the most popular MMA fighters ever, Kimbo was a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport.

Outside of the cage he was a friendly, gentle giant and a devoted family man. His loss leaves us all with extremely heavy hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Ferguson family and all of Kimbo’s friends, fans, and teammates.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I have no idea who he was. Doesn't matter how much you train or how good you are. If someone gets close to you, as in someone you let your defense down around, you can die. Or, no matter how good yo are you can get $#@!ed up enough so as not to be capable of self defense. Or both.

when your number is up,,

R.I.P.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

when your number is up,,

R.I.P.
    This.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

when your number is up,,

R.I.P.
    The answer to life, the universe and everything.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16...art-transplant

Report: Kimbo Slice had been awaiting a heart transplant

Mixed martial arts star Kimbo Slice, who died Monday night at the age of 42, was diagnosed with heart failure and informed he needed a heart transplant, according to a report by the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Citing a medical report made by the Northwest Medical Center in Margate, the Sun Sentinel reported that Slice, birth name Kevin Ferguson, was admitted to the hospital on June 3, complaining of "severe abdominal pain, shortness of breath and nausea."

The report states Ferguson was placed on a ventilator in intensive care and was scheduled to be transported to Cleveland, where he would be placed on a donors list. Trauma and foul play are not suspected in the fighter's death.

Mike Imber, Slice's longtime manager and childhood friend, confirmed to ESPN.com that Slice entered the medical facility on June 3. According to Imber, Slice appeared to be doing well until Monday, when the situation turned.

"He went to Germany around March and got really sick while he was there," Imber said. "I don't know what he thought it was, but he just felt sick. On Friday (June 3), he had bad chest pains and went to the hospital. I went and visited him on Friday and he seemed OK. I didn't feel like I was going to lose my friend in two days, by any means. He seemed concerned, but he seemed all right.

"I talked to him that Saturday and Sunday, and he was still in the hospital. I said, 'something's not right.' On Monday, his wife called and told me he had stopped breathing."

Slice (5-2) was scheduled to fight James Thompson at Bellator 158 on July 16 in London, but according to Mike Brown, his head coach at American Top Team, Slice had intended to withdraw from the event.

"He had a few things going on," Brown said. "He had a crazy hiccup problem and he had high blood pressure. He also had a problem that had something to do with his gallbladder. We had talked about him pulling out of the fight. That's what he was going to do. I don't know if he had done that officially yet, but a decision had already been made not to fight."

Slice fought once already this year in February, knocking out longtime rival Dada5000, birth name Dhafir Harris, in Houston. The bout was later changed to a no contest after Slice tested positive for anabolic steroids and an elevated testosterone ratio.

Slice was born in the Bahamas but grew up in the Miami area. He came to prominence through participating in backyard brawls, which generated millions of views. He transitioned to professional mixed martial arts in 2007 and delivered massive television ratings throughout the extent of his career. In 2009, he participated on "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFC's long-running reality show. He also compiled a 7-0 professional boxing record.

"There's no question he lived life to the fullest," Imber said. "That's what his mother told me today. She said, 'Michael, when he was a baby growing up, he told me he was going to be famous someday. Then he met you and it happened. I was so proud of him when he went on to do what he did. I knew he loved to fight and I was just so proud of him.'

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry to hear this. RIP. You can have your body in great physical condition and still have a bad heart.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.