Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trump better than Hillary?

Is Trump better than Hillary?

Would it be better to vote for Trump in the general election than Hillary due to Trump being against abortion, appointment of conservative judges, and possibly helping the Republicans and conservatives (at least some like Rand Paul) to keep and grow their influence in politics?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No.

I don't see this ex-Democrat lifting a finger on the subject of abortion, and what the Supreme Court needs is not more judges from this side or that side of 'the aisle', but rather another Sandra Day O'Connor who will judge each case on its merits. I don't see any sign that Trump will do that, either.

As for Republicans in general 'keeping their influence', who cares if neocons do that? And as for libertarians like Rand Paul, either of those clowns as POTUS would greatly increase their influence, either because Clinton will demonstrate to Republicans that they had better take their nominating process more seriously and think about the mass of independent voters they will have to appeal to in the general election, or because Trump will teach them (if possible) to take their nominating process more seriously by a more direct impetus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Does having more money count?

I'm not convinced he has more money than Hillary.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Here's another bright light he's rounding up as a congressional lynchpin -

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...dorses-Ellmers
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

No they both suck, it won't matter who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No they both suck, it won't matter who wins.
    Exactly right. The only thing that matters is that as many voters as possible choose an alternative party.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No.

I don't see this ex-Democrat lifting a finger on the subject of abortion, and what the Supreme Court needs is not more judges from this side or that side of 'the aisle', but rather another Sandra Day O'Connor who will judge each case on its merits. I don't see any sign that Trump will do that, either.

As for Republicans in general 'keeping their influence', who cares if neocons do that? And as for libertarians like Rand Paul, either of those clowns as POTUS would greatly increase their influence, either because Clinton will demonstrate to Republicans that they had better take their nominating process more seriously and think about the mass of independent voters they will have to appeal to in the general election, or because Trump will teach them (if possible) to take their nominating process more seriously by a more direct impetus.
    Could it be possible that Trump has truly changed his views from his Democratic past? If so, could he help the anti-abortion cause since he's said he's against abortion and even said he'd want planned parenthood defunded?

The issue with Clinton getting elected is her pro abortion stance and getting liberal judges into supreme Court positions. Don't you think these reasons would justify Trump being the better candidate and the one we should vote for to help stop or prevent the above by Clinton?

That's a tough question, he could be either a lot better or just a little better than Hillary, most likely, or possibly about the same - and also he could possibly be worse.

If he can cut income and corporate taxes and cut some spending, repeal Obacare and keep us out of some foreign military interventions he would be a lot better than Hillary on all those issues.

They both are at least kinda authoritarian, Trump is a bit of a wildcard.

Personally I wouldn't vote for either, but if I had to bet I would say Trump would be better.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump by a long mile.

If (and that's a big if) he keeps rolling like he's been rolling. If he gets in the White House and becomes the same-old-same, then no.

Hillary we know would be a uuuuge disaster - Trump is a wildcard.

It's a gamble, but worth it.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-06-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's a tough question, he could be either a lot better or just a little better than Hillary, most likely, or possibly about the same - and also he could possibly be worse.
    Well put. I am in 100% agreement with you that Hillary could be either a lot better or just a little better than trump, somewhat likely, or possibly about the same - and also she could possibly be worse.

If we don't vote for Trump or vote 3rd party, do you think it's a vote for Hillary?

For those that say no to my original questions and to this question, what reasons or proof do you have to support your belief?

The Trump-haters need to get the hell out of America.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    If we don't vote for Trump or vote 3rd party, do you think it's a vote for Hillary?

For those that say no to my original questions and to this question, what reasons or proof do you have to support your belief?
    Logic, they have designed candidates for you to vote against even though they are part of the same party. Voting for the party with R or D is voting for Clinton. Trump is hedging his bets against Clinton because he lost last time he bet on Clinton.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could it be possible that Trump has truly changed his views from his Democratic past? If so, could he help the anti-abortion cause since he's said he's against abortion and even said he'd want planned parenthood defunded?

The issue with Clinton getting elected is her pro abortion stance and getting liberal judges into supreme Court positions. Don't you think these reasons would justify Trump being the better candidate and the one we should vote for to help stop or prevent the above by Clinton?
    Isn't that the exact same question I just answered above?

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Well put. I am in 100% agreement with you that Hillary could be either a lot better or just a little better than trump, somewhat likely, or possibly about the same - and also she could possibly be worse.
    Oh, I see what he's getting at now. So, Hillary has gone through menopause, but Trump's right in the middle of his midlife crisis, so Hillary probably won't vary much by what part of the month it is, but Trump is liable to be grumpier on days he sees more young girls over the course of the day because he was sucking that gut of his in for hours on end. So he could possibly be worse one day and not worse the next, with a 20% chance of being partly cloudy on every third Wednesday if he gets beat at golf.

Well. That could certainly be the case. They're both moody old psychos. Suppose there's a way we could spend four years letting whichever one of them be president that day who actually woke up in a good mood?

I've got a better idea. Let's stand them side by side, and yell, 'You're both FIRED!'
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-06-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Johnson and Weld are left-libertarians. A vote for them could equally have gone to trump or Hillary. I actually think they'll take more from the left than the right - why? They're pro-choice, anti-war, pro-LGBT, pro-immigrant. Johnson/Weld are the anti-trump whereas trump and Hillary are twins - physically and ideologically.

Is arsenic better than cyanide??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Who knows.

With Hillary we pretty much know what we're going to get. I'm fairly certain our country will still exist in 4 years if she's elected, albeit much worse.

With Trump we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get. That is a narcissistic liar who cannot be trusted. Most likely it looks a lot like Hillary. Could be a lot worse or mildly better. I think there is a greater chance that the country does not exist in 4 years than with Hillary. I also think there is a greater chance that I'm in a camp somewhere with Trump as POTUS.

Best case scenario is Trump is elected and spends 4 years doing absolutely nothing but playing golf.

Which one is most likely to be killed in office?

Would it be better to vote for Trump in the general election than Hillary due to Trump being against abortion, appointment of conservative judges, and possibly helping the Republicans and conservatives (at least some like Rand Paul) to keep and grow their influence in politics?
    Trump wants to change the GOP platform to add exceptions for abortions.

GW appointed a "conservative" judge to SCOTUS and we still got Obamacare.

Trump and his voters are bringing RINOs like Renee Ellmers to Congress.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Are you telling Ron Paul to get out of America?
    No. Ron Paul is awesome.

I'm telling all the RPF'ers you either need to get on the Trump train or get the hell out of America and go to some pussy country like Canada.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-06-2016 at 03:45 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    No. Ron Paul is awesome.

I'm telling all the RPF'ers you either need to get on the Trump train or get the hell out of America and go to some pussy-country like Canada.
    You're funny.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Logic, they have designed candidates for you to vote against even though they are part of the same party. Voting for the party with R or D is voting for Clinton. Trump is hedging his bets against Clinton because he lost last time he bet on Clinton.
    Do you have any evidence of this being the case?

[QUOTE=sdsubball23;6232531]Is Trump better than Hillary?

/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Johnson and Weld are left-libertarians. A vote for them could equally have gone to trump or Hillary. I actually think they'll take more from the left than the right - why? They're pro-choice, anti-war, pro-LGBT, pro-immigrant. Johnson/Weld are the anti-trump whereas trump and Hillary are twins - physically and ideologically.
    How do you figure that the left would vote for the libertarian party more so than the right based on the issues? I don't know if the left would vote for libertarians than Clinton because it seems that the left do not want Trump at all, and if that is the case why would they vote for libertarians and risk getting Trump into the white house than voting for clinton and have a better chance at defeating Trump. If the Bernie supporters do not want to vote for clinton, then I could see a chance of them voting libertarian or another 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump wants to change the GOP platform to add exceptions for abortions.

GW appointed a "conservative" judge to SCOTUS and we still got Obamacare.

Trump and his voters are bringing RINOs like Renee Ellmers to Congress.
    Where did Trump say he wants to add exceptions to abortion and was it recent?

But wouldn't a conservative judge like the one GW appointed still be better than any liberal judge Hillary could appoint?

Renee is one example, but are there other examples of rinos being led to Congress or other parts of govt by Trump and his supporters?

"Is Trump better than Hillary? "

Yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast