Thread: Jobs, interest rates, gold and the USD

Unregistered

Jobs, interest rates, gold and the USD

Well, Friday was an interesting day and probably a good indication of what to expect in the near future. The jobs report for May was just 38,000 which was the worst report in 6 years. And PMs and PM stock had a huge rally and the USD decreased to below 94 once again. And recent Fed rhetoric that they might raise interest rates again in the weeks ahead is likely just pure political bs. But they were stupid enough to start raising interest rates in late December just as the current economic recession started so I suppose more ridiculous absurdity wouldn't be too surprising in the world of economic insanity we live in today. And as a contrarian investor Im actually expecting nothing less.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I tried contrarian investing. I kept losing money.

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

I had a good past two months selling silver and gold coins. Record sales for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I had a good past two months selling silver and gold coins. Record sales for me.
    How much peyote did your sales allow you to buy?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How much peyote did your sales allow you to buy?
    I have been paying bills with my earnings now that I am retired, I have some left though for ammo.....

Anticollectivist

Well, most investors lose money - esp over the long term. The most important part of investing is to understand the fundamentals - esp the fundamentals of economics - and most people don't. In fact most people don't have a clue about basic economics nor about the concept of real money for that matter. They just follow the collectivists trends of the time and assume if its working for other people then it must be a good investment. Well investing in market bubbles is just fine until it isn't and the bubbles pop.

And from what Ive heard, so far this year has been the worst year in 18 years for most managed investment accounts because people still believe in the strategy of follow the heard investing - no matter how foolish. Well foolish investing only lasts until it doesn't and eventually the collectivist investment fools will be rushing in to reverse their trades when the markets' irrationality becomes just too obvious to ignore - even for the most foolish.

Regarding the second comment. the US government is the best proof of that. Its irrational Keynesianism economics and economic statism that has created irrational markets and made the US government insolvent for years. And its blind irrational investor faith, collective compliancy and collective insanity that has allowed it to continue for so long. But its more likely that the US government will continue to remain insolvent longer in the future than the markets will remain so ridiculously irrational. Because all Ponzi schemes including this insane Ponzi scheme of fiat currencies and central bank created bubble finance eventually come to an end.

And I forgot to identify myself earlier but Im the OP of this thread.