Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Of The Pretty Flowers

All Of The Pretty Flowers

I enjoy looking at flowers. For a lot of reasons. I have a little bench in one of my flower beds that I sometimes hang out in on nice days. The bees and the butterflies kind of just float and buzz around. Just doing their thing. It's relaxing. Fuel for the soul. You know? I was talking to one of my friends about this particular lily yesterday. It's my favorite flower because it just popped up a couple of years ago. It's really pretty. I didn't plant it. It just got there. Hard to say how it did given that it's obviously a bulb. It just kind of exists there on the edge by itself in a bed with different kinds of flowers. So, it stands out. My friend had mentioned that God sure is a wonderful artist. I tend to agree. For me flowers really are a part of my overall positive well being. Especially in the morning right when the sun rises and I go outside for a morning cup of coffee to see what popped. It's relaxing. You just never know what you're going to find. Sometimes they mix and create different variants of the same flower. Except the petals sometimes change shape or the colors are shaped differently.

Anyway. I post some pretty flowers here from my gardens. If you have some pretty flowers that you enjoy that brighten your day, you can post some, too.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-05-2016 at 11:21 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Petty flowers are....pretty.

Asian lilies are my absolute favorite, right next to the peonies.

It's raining today so I will have to take some photos in the coming days.

Peonies:

Last edited by donnay; 06-05-2016 at 12:00 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I love peonies. I planted one a few years ago. It was a small cutting from a neighbor. It grew well for two years. Then it simply failed to come up. I have no idea what happened to it. I generally have a very green thumb, so this shouldn't have happened. I want more peonies but can't afford to buy anything non-essential.

There were a lot of flowers on this lot when I moved here. Most are still present and have spread a lot. Irises in three colors are abundant. I keep digging them up and giving them away, and they keep coming back even thicker than before. There are also thin-leaved irises. I have jonquils, daffodils, crocuses and bleeding hearts. Snowball plants, Rose of Sharon, lilacs, day lilies and many others. Here's a shot of some of the irises:

Attachment 5009

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I love peonies. I planted one a few years ago. It was a small cutting from a neighbor. It grew well for two years. Then it simply failed to come up. I have no idea what happened to it. I generally have a very green thumb, so this shouldn't have happened. I want more peonies but can't afford to buy anything non-essential.
    It's weird about my peonies, someone gave it to me as a gifted plant for some occasion. I had it indoors for a while then I planted in my yard. I thought it died, for a couple of years, nothing. Then last spring I saw these shoots coming out of the soil--didn't quite know what it was so I let it be. A month later the buds started appear, I was so surprised it was my peonies! I also have a peonies tree that seems like it is in shock and not doing much--I am going to leave it be to see if it does anything this year.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I love peonies, too.

Right now my favorite is a star gardenia planted in front of my house, by the front door. On nice days, I open the front door and windows and the fragrance fills the house.

I'm a horrible photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I also love my butterfly bushes. I planted 10 of them near the pool and the backyard is full of butterflies all summer.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Not mine but from my hood

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	5010

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I love peonies, too.

Right now my favorite is a star gardenia planted in front of my house, by the front door. On nice days, I open the front door and windows and the fragrance fills the house.

I love gardenia, they remind me of my Nana.

I also love my butterfly bushes. I planted 10 of them near the pool and the backyard is full of butterflies all summer.
    Butterflies love milkweed too. So don't get rid of a lot of it--people look at them as weeds.

I love peonies, too.

I'm guessing that seemed to be in focus at the time you took it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A supercell just passed through here. Most of my flowers just uprooted. Trees down...neighbor's roof on my lawn. Sigh...

Was nice while it lasted. Guess I'll get my chainsaw and head outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm guessing that seemed to be in focus at the time you took it.
    Franzia focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    A supercell just passed through here. Most of my flowers just uprooted. Trees down...neighbor's roof on my lawn. Sigh...

Good Lord! I hope no one was hurt?

That's why I hate nature.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

OMG! I hope everyone's okay.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love peonies, too.
    Yeah, we've heard that about you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'm a shameless peony lover, that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, notice she used the plural.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Good Lord! I hope no one was hurt?
    No, not that I know of. I got the tree cut up and the big stuff cleaned up. At least condensed for now. I'll tell you what, though, never try to nail down a sheet of your neighbor's roof plywood in 50 mph wind. It's like a wing suit.

Anyway. Here are some pretty lilies from last year. They haven't bloomed yet this year. But they're much fuller this year so when they bloom, I'll post them.

Yeah, I always keep a few of these around, too. Butterflies love em.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Butterflies love milkweed too. So don't get rid of a lot of it--people look at them as weeds.

None of my peonies bloomed this year... I miss them.

Apple Blossoms.

I might get 20 pies off this tree this year. Some cobbler maybe. I don't know. Cider. Something.

There's a honeybee in the middle there some place.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lil feller hanging out in my pink Phlox last year. The pink Phlox really pops on a sunny day.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Black Eyed Susans...

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-05-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Lil feller hanging out in my pink Phlox last year. The pink Phlox really pops on a sunny day.
    Awwwwwwwww. Too cute!

ps - does he have a flower in his mouth?
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Awwwwwwwww. Too cute!

ps - does he have a flower in his mouth?
    Thanks. He's a pretty boy alright. But, yeah, I have to watch him with that stuff, though. I think I showed you that picture after I took it last year. Or maybe it was a different one. That was probably around the time he ate my phone. Remember that? I was talking to you when it happened. I didn't even know he had it. Heh.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-05-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Anyone else looking over their shoulder for Carol before they look at the flowers?

I have a bunch of favorite flowers.. pansys, johnny jump ups, violets, roses, portulaca, Lillies of the valley, lilacs and there's a tree that grows near the coast down here called jaqueranda... lovely purple flowers like lilacs but droop like willows, and carnations.. and mums...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast