Thread: Help a brother out

Help a brother out

I own gaming PCs, a PS3 and 4, and even an Xbox.....but the one that gave my wife the most joy was playing super mario 3 on an old NES we had that finally died.

I know you can play NES games on PC, but watching her trying to use the keyboard is akin to watching a disabled child trying to play softball with a football bat. No offense.

So, I am looking for some VERY idiot proof instructions on where to get a NES emulator for Windows 10 that will allow me to use a USB Nes controller. All browser emulators I've seen won't let you map the controls to the controller, like they don't read it. But from what I'm reading, a downloaded emulator will allow such functions.

Anyone here have experience with this? Or do any of the multitude of more comp savy people here than I have some advice?
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you thought about upgrading the wife instead?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Why not just buy a new box?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Didn't Danke just suggest that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I prefer to rent. Less maintenance.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I swear to God if we come down South we need to meet up and have drinks. You and my husband can blurt random funny things, Mr Animal and I will just smile and nod.

Two reasons that is last ditch:

1) Sweet Lord it hurts my soul to pay those amounts for such an old system

2) Once that door is opened, my wife will surely buy more games one she realized we could simply buy online. I'm not sure how I'd react to discovering her paying $150 for an NES cartridge (which some do cost). You know you hear jokes about people who order so much on amazon, they forget what all they have coming? That is LITERALLY my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Have you thought about upgrading the wife instead?
    She swears she injected a tracker in me while I was sleeping, and that there was no escape.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I swear to God if we come down South we need to meet up and have drinks. You and my husband can blurt random funny things, Mr Animal and I will just smile and nod.
    Obviously. Come sit by the pool and drink. It's cheaper and there are no pesky bouncers there to harass me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

No help from me, I don't mess with the PC master race gaming but I have to ask, do you play online games on PS4? I have been looking to get some sort of RPF group connected and playing but it seems like nobody plays online PS4 around here.

I mainly play Battle field 4 and plants vs zombies 2 on it. I have destiny, Borderlands and Watchdogs but almost never play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post

2) Once that door is opened, my wife will surely buy more games one she realized we could simply buy online. I'm not sure how I'd react to discovering her paying $150 for an NES cartridge (which some do cost). You know you hear jokes about people who order so much on amazon, they forget what all they have coming? That is LITERALLY my wife.
    I got my last NES at a garage sale for $5.00. SO maybe you need to send her out yard saling every week.

Obviously. Come sit by the pool and drink. It's cheaper and there are no pesky bouncers there to harass me.
    I want in on the action when this happens! Animalparty FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Pretty good deal IMO: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES...4AAOSw~ZdVfibh

Can't play Duck Hunt without the pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Haven't used an NES emulator since... I dunno.. XP or Windows 98?

They were pretty good back then, I think I had dozens or hundreds of games to choose from.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The wii will play a lot of the old Nintendo games that you can buy for really inexpensive and use regular controllers, just another option.
    If you haven't played super Mario bros "The Lost Levels" you are missing out.

Not sure if this is helpful, I'm not even sure what your talking about.http://www.lukiegames.com/nintendo-nes.html
    I own gaming PCs, a PS3 and 4, and even an Xbox.....but the one that gave my wife the most joy was playing super mario 3 on an old NES we had that finally died.

I know you can play NES games on PC, but watching her trying to use the keyboard is akin to watching a disabled child trying to play softball with a football bat. No offense.

So, I am looking for some VERY idiot proof instructions on where to get a NES emulator for Windows 10 that will allow me to use a USB Nes controller. All browser emulators I've seen won't let you map the controls to the controller, like they don't read it. But from what I'm reading, a downloaded emulator will allow such functions.

Anyone here have experience with this? Or do any of the multitude of more comp savy people here than I have some advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Pretty good deal IMO: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES...4AAOSw~ZdVfibh

Can't play Duck Hunt without the pistol.
    You can't play Duck Hunt with the pistol on the new TVs.

Have you tried xpadder or joy2stick? A few other options: http://alternativeto.net/software/xp...atform=windows

Those aren't NES emulators but they allow you to use a gamepad instead of keyboard. I'm assuming you already know where to get an emulator and the roms.
    Last edited by Rudeman; 06-04-2016 at 11:46 PM.

You can't play Duck Hunt with the pistol on the new TVs.
    We weren't allowed to play Duck Hunt as kids.. Too violent or something.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    We weren't allowed to play Duck Hunt as kids.. Too violent or something.
    Sounds too much like Dutch Hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Back when I used an NES emulator on my Mac Pro, I used a Logitech gamepad. There are a gazillion game pads out there even better than the one that came with the NES. Why not just use a game pad that is made to work with your system? I mean, it may be a little different from the NES game pad, but generally they are better....and CERTAINLY better than trying to use a keyboard....

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Have you tried xpadder or joy2stick? A few other options: http://alternativeto.net/software/xp...atform=windows

Those aren't NES emulators but they allow you to use a gamepad instead of keyboard. I'm assuming you already know where to get an emulator and the roms.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Back when I used an NES emulator on my Mac Pro, I used a Logitech gamepad. There are a gazillion game pads out there even better than the one that came with the NES. Why not just use a game pad that is made to work with your system? I mean, it may be a little different from the NES game pad, but generally they are better....and CERTAINLY better than trying to use a keyboard....

I stumbled on this option late last night. One of the browser sites she likes is retrogaming.something or other and it listed joy2stick / xpadder as compatible options for their games. I am going to amazon one each today.

Keep your fingers crossed for a liberty cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    No help from me, I don't mess with the PC master race gaming but I have to ask, do you play online games on PS4? I have been looking to get some sort of RPF group connected and playing but it seems like nobody plays online PS4 around here.

I mainly play Battle field 4 and plants vs zombies 2 on it. I have destiny, Borderlands and Watchdogs but almost never play them.
    I do some, and have BF4 and Destiny. My son is the main user for that system, and is all about Doom right now. I don't know what all games we have for it, because most are his fancy. He's more into those Drake games, Assasin's Creed, and Fall Outs. I got him Doom because....well, it's Doom. I don't mind playing some with some of my liberty family, but have to be honest about my skill level with a PS4 controller. Give me a mouse and keyboard, and I'm one of those players that make people swear I'm cheating with auto aim and speed hacks. But with a PS4 controller, and people feel sorry for me, thinking I must be someone's 8 year old on their big brother's game....lol.

All browser emulators I've seen won't let you map the controls to the controller, like they don't read it. But from what I'm reading, a downloaded emulator will allow such functions.

you should be able to find an article keyword "game device calibration windows 10" ie:

http://www.howtogeek.com/241421/how-...in-windows-10/

googlebomb
    https://www.google.com/search?q=game...+10&gws_rd=ssl
    Last edited by presence; 06-05-2016 at 09:02 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BY the way - whats wrong with your NES?

I totally have to buy this for me:

http://amzn.to/1VFU5OM