Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 9 dead in Texas flood, media freaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You don't need warnings for floods years in advance. Your warning is the low level ground where you stand and the basics of this thing called rain.

You have repeatedly said that you might build your house on a river, so I guess you'll never get it.
    as long as the river is predicted to dry out and never replenish for 20 years.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny when People in Syria get attacked or blown by the moderates the American media sheds no tears.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    as long as the river is predicted to dry out and never replenish for 20 years.

You mean like these predictions below?

"[By] 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…[By 1996] The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers." Michael Oppenheimer, published in "Dead Heat," St. Martin's Press, 1990.

Within a few years "children just aren't going to know what snow is." Snowfall will be "a very rare and exciting event." Dr. David Viner, senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, interviewed by the UK Independent, March 20, 2000.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2010/12/...forecasts.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yup... I keep trying to remind people of these crazy predictions that were not just "wrong" but so wrong as to be eye opening...

Thanks for the great examples...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Yup... I keep trying to remind people of these crazy predictions that were not just "wrong" but so wrong as to be eye opening...

Thanks for the great examples...
    So give me the right ones.

only 1 came from a scientist, and it was a rare event.

only 1 came from a scientist, and it was a rare event.
    The two quotes I cited are from two different scientists. There are oodles more.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The two quotes I cited are from two different scientists. There are oodles more.
    Some people wouldn't know the truth if it comes up and smacks them in the mouth...

THIS ONE

the other one wasn't from a scientific study, it was a person's opinion.

Some people wouldn't know the truth if it comes up and smacks them in the mouth...
    And you do? let's hear it, go ahead, I f-ing dare you to make a claim to put to a test.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the other one wasn't from a scientific study, it was a person's opinion.
    You first said only one was a scientist. I showed you that was false, so you now switch to this thing about studies.

And conclusions in studies are the opinions of the authors.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Many of the deaths have been utterly avoidable.
    Apparently not.

"Oh I saw a roadblock, I know it's been raining for a week, and I couldn't tell how deep the water was... so I drove around the barrier."
    See what I mean?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

When cites [sic] issue evac orders, are people morally allowed to refuse,
    Is that a serious question?

and if they do, are they fair game to be denied rescue services?
    Is that?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I am pretty sure the warnings I heard involved rising sea waters as a result of the polar ice caps. In any event, taxing it won't fix it.
    But... but... government... erm... gay dolphins... yeah... gay dolphins...

who said anything about taxing?
    I suppose you've not heard of "carbon taxes".

One can always count on "government" resorting to one or both of two measures where any "serious social issue" arises: ban it and/or tax it. This is boilerplate SOP.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Funny when People in Syria get attacked or blown by the moderates the American media sheds no tears.
    Why would they cry over so joyous an event?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Apparently not.

See what I mean?
    I don't really see what you mean. The first part makes it seem like you think the deaths were unavoidable. The second makes it seem like you thought they were avoidable.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I don't really see what you mean. The first part makes it seem like you think the deaths were unavoidable. The second makes it seem like you thought they were avoidable.
    My educated guess is he was trying to say you can put up Road Closed signs but you can't fix stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And you do? let's hear it, go ahead, I f-ing dare you to make a claim to put to a test.
    The "TRUTH" is that I have been alive for 64 years and during that time frame NONE (ZERO) of the alarmists claims have come true. My own personal observations (the truth) is that it was quite a bit hotter in the north American continent when I was young than now. My own personal observations (the truth) is that I have heard these alarmist prophesies all my life and I've observed NONE (that's ZERO) of them to come true...

Your turn...

THIS ONE

Wonder why this dumb thread was moved from Politics to the Guest Forum. Does this mean people have to be nice to PRB, treating him like a guest?

I suppose you've not heard of "carbon taxes".

One can always count on "government" resorting to one or both of two measures where any "serious social issue" arises: ban it and/or tax it. This is boilerplate SOP.
    I oppose all taxes.

Wonder why this dumb thread was moved from Politics to the Guest Forum. Does this mean people have to be nice to PRB, treating him like a guest?
    Whatever they treat me like, it's better than being a child molester.

The "TRUTH" is that I have been alive for 64 years and during that time frame NONE (ZERO) of the alarmists claims have come true. My own personal observations (the truth) is that it was quite a bit hotter in the north American continent when I was young than now. My own personal observations (the truth) is that I have heard these alarmist prophesies all my life and I've observed NONE (that's ZERO) of them to come true...

Your turn...
    So which non-alarmist claims have been true? What do you count as "alarmist" claims? Do you first find what fails, then call them alarmist?

I see I have once again blundered by assuming perhaps too much or being too subtle. There is a school of thought that asserts that any postfacto result was in fact unavoidable precisely because it happened. There is also the school of thought that says when your nickel is up, it's up. There was also the admittedly oblique implication of the all too common stupidity of men, and it was that to which the second statement was meant to bolster. People that stupid simply cannot avoid ghosting themeslves under circumstances where intelligent men would be preserved through rational decision making.

Your turn...
    Not to mention all the great rocket surgeon "scientists" out there doing their academic studies. One year eating fat is the worst thing you could do and the next, it's the best. It is clear to me that what often passes as "science" is nothing better than two chimps beating on an automatic transmission with baseball bats.

Not to mention all the great rocket surgeon "scientists" out there doing their academic studies. One year eating fat is the worst thing you could do and the next, it's the best. It is clear to me that what often passes as "science" is nothing better than two chimps beating on an automatic transmission with baseball bats.

so scientists are always wrong?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whatever they treat me like, it's better than being a child molester.
    Did you get help for your perversion?

I oppose all taxes.

Neg rep. You know why, big boy.

Mostly only when they're paid to be.

Do you not know how to read properly? Do you not understand the semantic structure of a sentence?

Show me where I wrote that they are "always wrong".

I'm done with wasting my time with you. Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast