Thread: Does anyone have a small house for sale in California?

Does anyone have a small house for sale in California?

I check here on the forum first. And preferably.

I'm not looking for a big house. A small one. But a nice one. Something to hang pictures on the wall and whatnot. Something I might be able to run a small office out of from the east coast with the rest of the home being used as living space for an office/site manager. If so, then, communicate privately in reponse, please.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-02-2016 at 02:29 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    California is huge....it's pretty much the same size as the vast majority of the east coast. Much of it is very remote, people have this idea that California is all big cities.. but most of it is actually completely empty - and very beautiful.

How far away from an airport does this house need to be? Would you prefer it be near a large commercial airport like LAX, San Diego or San Francisco? Do you prefer a remote location? Beach? Mountains? Heavily wooded? Desert?

How much are you looking to spend? Houses where I live start at around 450k for a 2 or 3 bedroom.. but you can buy a house less than an hour away in the low 100s - there is a federal prison in that particular town, but it is near some very beautiful remote areas and agriculture.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-02-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

mmmm dessert

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    California is huge....it's pretty much the same size as the vast majority of the east coast. Much of it is very remote, people have this idea that California is all big cities.. but most of it is actually completely empty - and very beautiful.

How far away from an airport does this house need to be? Would you prefer it be near a large commercial airport like LAX, San Diego or San Francisco? Do you prefer a remote location? Beach? Mountains? Heavily wooded? Dessert?

How much are you looking to spend? Houses where I live start at around 450k for a 2 or 3 bedroom.. but you can buy a house less than an hour away in the low 100s - there is a federal prison in that particular town, but it is near some very beautiful remote areas and agriculture.
    Something within driving/public transportation range of the business districts. Essentially, what's going to happen is that the house will be furnished with office furniture products and file systems. Maybe some floor to ceiling modular wall. A showroom of sort. But with catalogue ordering and delivery/installation planning.

I had initially considered a condo or large studio apartment but that wouldn't work for physical display. I would have to go straight catalogue. Which would defeat the purpose because you could just do that with a custom web site. The flipside of that is that I could go that route in case something changes like it not being practical to have it out there anymore.

I've considered a hundred thousand dollar venture for the site (which I know isn't a lot out that way..but here I could find a thousand places in that range). Don't know if it'll do in the business districts out there, though. That's actually why I asked here first. To see if anyone had anything remotely near the business districts. Or knew of anything like that.

I definitely want to avoid areas where the riff raff frequent. Mainly because I won't be there.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-02-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Something within driving/public transportation range of the business districts. Essentially, what's going to happen is that the house will be furnished with office furniture products and file systems. Maybe some floor to ceiling modular wall. A showroom of sort. But with catalogue ordering and delivery/installation planning.

I had initially considered a condo or large studio apartment but that wouldn't work for physical display. I would have to go straight catalogue. Which would defeat the purpose because you could just do that with a custom web site. The flipside of that is that I could go that route in case something changes like it not being practical to have it out there anymore.

I've considered a hundred thousand dollar venture for the site (which I know isn't a lot out that way..but here I could find a thousand places in that range). Don't know if it'll do in the business districts out there, though. That's actually why I asked here first. To see if anyone had anything remotely near the business districts. Or knew of anything like that.

I definitely want to avoid areas where the riff raff frequent. Mainly because I won't be there.
    Will zoning be an issue? My friend's parents once ran a gift basket business in California and were afraid the govt. would find out they were "manufacturing" these baskets in their third bedroom (manufacturing included filling the basket with fake hay, various foods and wine, wrapping them in plastic and then heating the plastic with a blow-dryer to shrink it and make it fit tight).
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Will zoning be an issue? My friend's parents once ran a gift basket business in California and were afraid the govt. would find out they were "manufacturing" these baskets in their third bedroom (manufacturing included filling the basket with fake hay, various foods and wine, wrapping them in plastic and then heating the plastic with a blow-dryer to shrink it and make it fit tight).
    No, I don't think so. That's why I wanted a place where someone could live there. So, then, furniture pieces would be used by the resident /site manager. Other than that, everything is sub-contracted out. Now, that's how it works out here. It *should* be that way there, too. I can't really go through local zoning laws out there without having a material site in a particular area to check, though.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-02-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Something within driving/public transportation range of the business districts. ...
    LOL. Shirley you jest. You have enough for a down payment, but not enough to avoid PMI.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    100k is a down payment,, or a monthly lease.

out of box suggestion,,,

Go Mobile. RV,,fitted as you wish.. Easily well under 100k, leaving capital for creative parking arangements.

May not be able to do business out of all parks,, maybe some.

a thought as I am posting from such a park,, and prices for full hook-up is reasonable.

Lots of Vendors rent commercial spaces.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom