Thread: Tom Woods: Is Johnson/Weld a Good Ticket for the Libertarian Party?

Tom Woods: Is Johnson/Weld a Good Ticket for the Libertarian Party?

Great episode.

The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Darryl weighs in

The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

How good do you have to be to lose embarrassingly for the LP?

Great episode.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Well said.

It is a concern to see this trend happening across all the major parties the same way. The least principled and least honest candidates always seem to rise to the top. Every party now has a nominee they don't even like much. Seems like options become limited by the most ignorant members of each political group. Candidates talk at 6th grade levels and make very simple points. It's like socialized political candidates, people at the top get dragged down and everyone becomes poor.
    Last edited by Murray N Rothbard; 06-02-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    Well said.

It is a concern to see this trend happening across all the major parties the same way. The least principled and least honest candidates always seem to rise to the top. Every party now has a nominee they don't even like much. Seems like options become limited by the most ignorant members of each political group. Candidates talk at 6th grade levels and make very simple points. It's like socialized political candidates, people at the top get dragged down and everyone becomes poor.
    Fourth Turning?

http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...isis-of-trust/

I pretty much agree with all criticisms about Gary Johnson but in the end I'm also probably going to vote Gary Johnson over Trump and Clinton if I choose to vote. But GJ seems to have no real principled knowledge about what libertarianism is.

bump, excellent

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He's the best the LP could hope for, and I'll tell you why. All the LP needs to become a big deal is to throw this election to the House. And with Clinton pissing off her own base and the GOP taking itself out of the serious category, all the LP needs is someone experienced, proven and rational.

Throwing this to the House is the End Game for us, because Twelfth Amendment. This time, I think Johnson can do that. If we decide we've had enough status quo and help.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's the best the LP could hope for, and I'll tell you why. All the LP needs to become a big deal is to throw this election to the House. And with Clinton pissing off her own base and the GOP taking itself out of the serious category, all the LP needs is someone experienced, proven and rational.

Throwing this to the House is the End Game for us, because Twelfth Amendment. This time, I think Johnson can do that. If we decide we've had enough status quo and help.
    So "all" he has to do is go from 1% to winning an entire state? And if the election goes to the House, then the huge fight will be between the neocon approved candidate the House leadership will be pushing and those who feel they have to support Trump else they get primaried out of office next go around. My money would be on the neocon.

How does our unprincipled and barely Libertarian at all candidate throwing the election to the House and allowing the establishment to pull a rabbit out of their hat and the net result being nothing changes at all going to benefit the Libertarian Party?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    So "all" he has to do is go from 1% to winning an entire state?
    He doesn't have to go from 1%, as he's polling at 16% in Utah, 14% in New Mexico, and 12% in Michigan, before any money's been spent in those states. Gary's well-known in New Mexico, and can mount a serious campaign there. Enough to win? I don't know. But he's not at 1% nationally, and he's far from 1% in several states.

How does our unprincipled and barely Libertarian at all candidate
    Gary's principled, and he's fully libertarian. He just isn't so radical as to be a wanted man in Belize. As if that ever would have played well with the American electorate.