Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Cancer

I just read the OP. Good luck to OP and thank you for the information.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    These are the ingredients in Ensure:

The ingredients in Ensure are not, in my humble opinion, very healthy.

The last ingredient, for instance, is B12. The best bioactive forms of B12 should have methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin to get the maximum benefits.

The Iodine as well-- Potassium Iodide will protect your thyroid from the radiation, but a good Nascent (Atomic) Iodine would be better protection throughout the body.

Sodium & Calcium Caseinates are products of hydrolyzed milk protein and a good way to hide MSG.

I honestly think a Organic smoothie that you make yourself would be much more nutritious to the body. A good immune system is needed to help fight any disease.
    The prescription food they give you for the feeding tube is Fibersource HN by Nestle.. And is chock full of vitamins and minerals - all synthetic of course. And it provides plenty of protein, carbs, and fat from - get this - SOY PROTEIN, CORN SYRUP, AND CANOLA OIL.

I told my chemo doctor that these are 3 things I NEVER put in my body. and she just kind of smiled and laughed - but she understood my point. However in the case of a chemo patient with a compromised immune system its all sterile and technically everything is there for the body..and I cant complain TOO much because after I took some i felt better myself..

However it has an immense problem with constipation....

But yeah all this food is complete $#@! nutritionally speaking from what we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Just wanted to give everybody an update:

As of yesterday my treatments are officially over. My last one was actually this past Wednesday but the doctor scoped my throat because like he said when I first came in my tumor was so large he just wanted to make sure I didnt need a little bit more radiation and chemo. So he checked me out and theres only a small mass at the base which is all necrotic and dead/dying so he said that would/should just resolve itself on its own - and he said I didnt need anymore treatments.

Of course in 3 months Ill get a petscan and that will tell the story. If theres still something there then they will have to do surgery but doctor is confident that the tumor will just totally have died on its own from treatment.

He said my response has been fantastic.

So I'll remain cautiously optimistic until petscan day and just focus on healing myself. And as soon as I can eat solid food again and things start tasting good well look out.

What a new respect for taste and food I have had.. Cant explain it to you. Youd have to go through it.. I wish nobody here has to.

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!!! I'm so glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Just wanted to give everybody an update:

As of yesterday my treatments are officially over. My last one was actually this past Wednesday but the doctor scoped my throat because like he said when I first came in my tumor was so large he just wanted to make sure I didnt need a little bit more radiation and chemo. So he checked me out and theres only a small mass at the base which is all necrotic and dead/dying so he said that would/should just resolve itself on its own - and he said I didnt need anymore treatments.

Of course in 3 months Ill get a petscan and that will tell the story. If theres still something there then they will have to do surgery but doctor is confident that the tumor will just totally have died on its own from treatment.

He said my response has been fantastic.

So I'll remain cautiously optimistic until petscan day and just focus on healing myself. And as soon as I can eat solid food again and things start tasting good well look out.

What a new respect for taste and food I have had.. Cant explain it to you. Youd have to go through it.. I wish nobody here has to.

Excellent news! The road to recovery! I am very happy for you!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    get this - SOY PROTEIN, CORN SYRUP, AND CANOLA OIL.
    Corn syrup is not a problem if your diet is low enough in fat, but vegetable oils are pure fat that messes with glucose metabolism which in turns makes sugars, like corn syrup, become detrimental. The most worrisome thing for some who has cancer is that soy protein actually has larger amounts of one of the leading cancer causer than even dairy and meats do; IGF-1.

Just read the thread. Wow OP congratulations on the treatment working.

The title says "my cancer". I can think of a few better names for your health challenge. How about "my tumor shrinking journey"
    Its just that "my cancer" sounds like you have something that belongs to you like your arm or leg.
    get well man.

Oh Im curious if the doctors and nurses say to stay away from sugar, or do they have bowls of candy sitting around the office? I understand that a dye molecule is attached to sugar because it goes right to the tumor, and then they can see where they are. Sounds about right to me.
    Last edited by bubbleboy; 07-29-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Corn syrup is not a problem if your diet is low enough in fat, but vegetable oils are pure fat that messes with glucose metabolism which in turns makes sugars, like corn syrup, become detrimental. The most worrisome thing for some who has cancer is that soy protein actually has larger amounts of one of the leading cancer causer than even dairy and meats do; IGF-1.
    yeah to be honest "corn syrup" isnt as bad as "high fructose corn syrup" but the only place i know to get that is Karo corn syrup and generally i dont use it enough to warrant buying it

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    The title says "my cancer". I can think of a few better names for your health challenge. How about "my tumor shrinking journey"
    Its just that "my cancer" sounds like you have something that belongs to you like your arm or leg.
    get well man.

Oh Im curious if the doctors and nurses say to stay away from sugar, or do they have bowls of candy sitting around the office? I understand that a dye molecule is attached to sugar because it goes right to the tumor, and then they can see where they are. Sounds about right to me.
    Well when I made this thread I dont even kow if i had started treatment..

Anyway, none of the medical staff are schooled in naturopathy so no they dont say to avoid anything... They want you to eat calories no matter the source - candy, McDonalds, fried chicken, etc.. doesnt matter.

In the infusion center they will have candy, cookies, fruit juice etc.. and while most of those things are bad and help feed cancer (And I used to think it outlandish that a chemo dr would give candy to patients) I now understand that its not really so bad once youre undergoing allopathic treatment.

I stayed on an anti-cancer diet for 7 weeks while the doctors were figuring stuff out and i got my paperwork in order.. and in that time the cancer didnt grow at all (and I lost 60lbs)).. now eating nothing but vegetables 24/7 isnt the healthiest nor tastiest diet but it did what it needed to do. But once I knew I was going to undergo allopathic treatment I had to go back to a regular diet because I felt the anti-cancer diet would interfere with the treatment.

Chester Copperpot

Just wanted to give everybody an update.. Today was basically my final followup post treatment.... Im officially cancer free. Had a terrific response to the allopathic treatment and just wanted to thank everybody for their prayers and kind words. Hopefully my taste buds and saliva glands will continue to improve so I can enjoy food again but its one of those things they say that require patience..

Thank you to everybody once again.

What awesome news! Praying you will remain cancer free.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What awesome news! Praying you will remain cancer free.
    Thank you... Prayers are always good. I will say a prayer for you tonight as well.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just wanted to give everybody an update.. Today was basically my final followup post treatment.... Im officially cancer free. Had a terrific response to the allopathic treatment and just wanted to thank everybody for their prayers and kind words. Hopefully my taste buds and saliva glands will continue to improve so I can enjoy food again but its one of those things they say that require patience..

Thank you to everybody once again.
    Great news!

Glad you are able to eat. My mother in law had a throat tumor, and she wanted the maximum dose of radiation to really kill it. Unfortunately, it left her permanently unable to swallow, not even water. The doctors did not warn her that could happen.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Fantastic! Welcome back to the human race!

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fantastic! Welcome back to the human race!
    Thanks Zip.. I appreciate that especially from you because I know we dont see eye to eye on most things and argue alot over politics. But when it comes down to it youre a decent guy as am I.

I tip my hat to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123