Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Cancer

Chester Copperpot

My Cancer

Up until now I havent discussed my personal situation other than with several members whom I am close to.

But I felt it was important to mention some things because the doctors are fairly certain how I got my cancer now and I wanted to share it with my RPF friends so they can be wary.

So quite simply, doctors are pretty certain that my cancer was caused by the HPV virus contracted through oral sex. This totally blew my mind. I didnt even know men could get this HPV and I thought it was simply something that caused women to get cervical cancer - but thats evidently not the case.

Its not really possible to determine when or who gives it to you as most of the time this stuff just sits dormant in your body for years and decades. Maybe stress triggered it...

But the good points about this are that it means my diet was not the cause nor was their some environmental exposure like stepping into toxic sludge uhknowingly.

treatment is 7 weeks of radiation & chemo. The chemo is rather light.. One drug (no cocktail) just to sensitize the cancer to the radiation. The radiation is the main form of treatment and is 5 days a week for 7 weeks.. After 7 weeks all of the cancer should be gone. (HPV cancers respond very favorably to this type of treatment)

For those that know me, know that chemo and radiation are anathema to me.. but in this case it seems to be the way to go. Ive been told that 95% of cancers are from diet and 5% from exposure to something.. so since mine is not caused by diet then it doesnt seem (to me) that diet would be a cure..

Regardless, I did put myself on a harsh vegan diet to deny the cancer any fuel I could... Im sure even causing myself some nutritional deficiencies.. my weight at original diagnosis was 247lbs.. my weight as of yesterday was 191lbs... Im 6' 2".

since my stomach has shrunk im trying to eat bulky foods to get it bigger and once the therapy plan is all in place Ill need to keep my weight from going down so if that means I need to eat slurpees and orange juliuses and milkshakes - so be it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speedy recovery!

I hope you can beat this. It sounds like you are getting good advice.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    I hope you can beat this. It sounds like you are getting good advice.
    ill beat it.. I dont think I could be in better hands. My doctors really seem to know their stuff.

You are in my prayers, CC.

Kick this cancer to the curb!

ETA: Michael Douglas had the same and beat it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    ill beat it.. I dont think I could be in better hands. My doctors really seem to know their stuff.
    In either case, I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.
    "I am a bird"

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I'm very sorry to hear this, but thanks for sharing the information. Now just beat the thing.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Not something I would wish on anybody. Win win win, dude.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pulling for ya, CC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Prayers....
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

You might want to stick to a vegan diet for the time being. Check out what these studies found:

Doctor's Note

Vegetarians appear to have lower rates of all cancers combined (see Vegetarians Versus Healthy Omnivores), but this is the first study of cancer rates among thousands of North American vegans. There are other reasons that help explain these results; from lower levels of the cancer-promoting growth hormone IGF-1 (The Answer to the Pritikin Puzzle), the foreign meat molecule Neu5Gc (How Tumors Use Meat to Grow: Xeno-Autoantibodies), and heterocyclines in cooked meat (Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens) to more of the good stuff (#1 Anticancer Vegetable and Which Fruit Fights Cancer Better?)

The other HPV video I reference is Treating Genital Warts With Green Tea.

For more context, check out my associated blog posts: Why do Vegan Women Have Fewer Female Cancers?

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-...have-less-hpv/
    Cervical Cancer
    Michael Greger M.D. · Last Updated on May 24, 2016

Cervical cancer can be life-threatening. Potentially due to exposure to certain zoonotic (animal-to-human) viruses, some groups such as poultry slaughterhouse and processing plant workers and butchers’ wives may have higher cervical cancer risk. To help prevent cervical cancer, research suggests higher vegetable intake.

Some foods that may have a beneficial effect on cervical cancer prevention and treatment include: turmeric application for early stage cancer; phytate intake from beans, grains, nuts and seeds, green tea, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, amla, raspberries, strawberries, and chamomile tea.

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/cervical-cancer/
    Just don't follow an ultra-restrictive vegan diet as the type you describe you've been doing sounds like you're trying to subsist mainly on vegetables which won't give you enough calories which will start making you weak and will lower immune system and hormones.

You might want to check out the Starch Solution diet by Dr. McDougall which is essentially the vegan version of the Blue Zones diet which I basically follow. Both focus on whole grains, potatoes, and beans as the bulk of your diet followed by fruit, moderate amount of vegetables, and up to a handful amount of nuts and seeds per day to top it off. If you prefer eating more fruit, then follow durianrider's diet which focuses more on fruit than starches.

Be sure to take both B12 and Vitamin D3 on any of these diets and stick with reputable supplement brands and do follow-up blood tests after to make sure the stuff you take is working. (Dr. Greger, MD, from the video above, recommends at least 250 mcg B12 daily and 2,000 IU Vit D daily.)
    Last edited by farreri; 06-01-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    You might want to stick to a vegan diet for the time being. Check out what these studies found:

Just don't follow an ultra-restrictive vegan diet as the type you describe you've been doing sounds like you're trying to subsist mainly on vegetables which won't give you enough calories which will start making you weak and will lower immune system and hormones.

You might want to check out the Starch Solution diet by Dr. McDougall which is essentially the vegan version of the Blue Zones diet which I basically follow. Both focus on whole grains, potatoes, and beans as the bulk of your diet followed by fruit, moderate amount of vegetables, and up to a handful amount of nuts and seeds per day to top it off. If you prefer eating more fruit, then follow durianrider's diet which focuses more on fruit than starches.

Be sure to take both B12 and Vitamin D3 on any of these diets and stick with reputable supplement brands and do follow-up blood tests after to make sure the stuff you take is working. (Dr. Greger, MD, from the video above, recommends at least 250 mcg B12 daily and 2,000 IU Vit D daily.)
    I did an extreme vegan diet to get into ketosis.. that way I could deny both sugar and animal protein to the cancer. very rough diet... after a certain point something had to give and i let myself have some fruit.. during the diet i would let myself have some small pieces of fish.. real small like 2.50 oz...

to be honest after a while certain meats start grossing you out at time... also avoid poultry and egg protein as in some studies that type of protein can promote tumor growth...

treatment starts in 2 weeks for me and right now im getting to the point where I need to stretch my stomach so I can eat more food... maybe 2 days before or so ill start drinking some crap food like slurpees, milk shakes... at least by the time treatment starts the priority will be to maintain body weight and they quality of the food not as important.. so cream sauces or whatever... im having some of that onmy food right now but to be honest because my system is so cleaned out from eating mostly vegetables, it seems i can only tolerate so much crap food.

im going to get some liquid vitamins/minerals tomorrow... i dont normally get synthetic stuff but in this case itll do me good i think

I did an extreme vegan diet to get into ketosis.. that way I could deny both sugar and animal protein to the cancer. very rough diet... after a certain point something had to give and i let myself have some fruit.. during the diet i would let myself have some small pieces of fish.. real small like 2.50 oz...

to be honest after a while certain meats start grossing you out at time... also avoid poultry and egg protein as in some studies that type of protein can promote tumor growth...

treatment starts in 2 weeks for me and right now im getting to the point where I need to stretch my stomach so I can eat more food... maybe 2 days before or so ill start drinking some crap food like slurpees, milk shakes... at least by the time treatment starts the priority will be to maintain body weight and they quality of the food not as important.. so cream sauces or whatever... im having some of that onmy food right now but to be honest because my system is so cleaned out from eating mostly vegetables, it seems i can only tolerate so much crap food.

im going to get some liquid vitamins/minerals tomorrow... i dont normally get synthetic stuff but in this case itll do me good i think
    Have you considered a high quality protein shake?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

You'll have to choose some kind of macronutrient to get enough calories at some point. If you want to stay in ketosis, there's always plant fats like avocados, nuts & seeds, olives, and coconut to stay low carb. There's also people who claim fruit cured their cancer. Here's this video of durianrider's girlfriend interviewing a girl who cured her terminal brain cancer by going raw fruitarian. It's anecdotal evidence, so take with a grain of salt.

also avoid poultry and egg protein as in some studies that type of protein can promote tumor growth...
    From studies I've seen, IGF-1 and Casein seem to be the biggest cancer promoters which are heavily found in dairy and meat. Studies do seem to show vegans have lowest rates of cancer. That might be the reason.

Check out this video where people with a certain type of dwarfism that can't metabolize IGF-1 essentially makes them immune to cancer!

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/canc...fing-mutation/

to be honest after a while certain meats start grossing you out at time...
    Yeah, fish is the only meat I can eat now and after watching documentaries about all the plastic and other crap in the ocean, it makes me want to eat even less of it.

at least by the time treatment starts the priority will be to maintain body weight and they quality of the food not as important.. so cream sauces or whatever... im having some of that onmy food right now but to be honest because my system is so cleaned out from eating mostly vegetables, it seems i can only tolerate so much crap food.
    I'd have to recommend staying away from dairy as much as possible because it has the most growth hormones. Fruit, whole grains and beans will make you feel satiated.

That would be the smart thing to do.

Get well soon, man. It's not the same not having you around to argue with!

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Have you considered a high quality protein shake?
    Um, right now im going to be concerned with calories... so fat.. some protein would always be good... right now im totally disgusted when i see advertisements for hamburgers probably as a result of been on that pretty much vegan diet.. it seems my bp and pulse is coming down pretty quickly.. i had to cut my meds in half starting last night... so im sure it had to be from the extreme diet... right now im mostly eating carbs. but i expect to start having some milkshakes soon.. maybe ill have one today

Um, right now im going to be concerned with calories... so fat.. some protein would always be good... right now im totally disgusted when i see advertisements for hamburgers probably as a result of been on that pretty much vegan diet.. it seems my bp and pulse is coming down pretty quickly.. i had to cut my meds in half starting last night... so im sure it had to be from the extreme diet... right now im mostly eating carbs. but i expect to start having some milkshakes soon.. maybe ill have one today
    I know you gotta go with your gut, but I have to say this: One of the few things DonnaY and I agree on is that cancer and sugar is a bad combination.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    You'll have to choose some kind of macronutrient to get enough calories at some point. If you want to stay in ketosis, there's always plant fats like avocados, nuts & seeds, olives, and coconut to stay low carb. There's also people who claim fruit cured their cancer. Here's this video of durianrider's girlfriend interviewing a girl who cured her terminal brain cancer by going raw fruitarian. It's anecdotal evidence, so take with a grain of salt.

From studies I've seen, IGF-1 and Casein seem to be the biggest cancer promoters which are heavily found in dairy and meat. Studies do seem to show vegans have lowest rates of cancer. That might be the reason.

Check out this video where people with a certain type of dwarfism that can't metabolize IGF-1 essentially makes them immune to cancer!

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/canc...fing-mutation/

Yeah, fish is the only meat I can eat now and after watching documentaries about all the plastic and other crap in the ocean, it makes me want to eat even less of it.

I'd have to recommend staying away from dairy as much as possible because it has the most growth hormones. Fruit, whole grains and beans will make you feel satiated.

That would be the smart thing to do.

Get well soon, man. It's not the same not having you around to argue with!
    nah I blew ketosis out the window the other day when I had swedish crepes and 2 large orange juices at IHOP. Sometimes I feel like apollo 13.. last week or so i was feeling REALLY crappy early in the day.. and when you have cancer its easy to say to yourself (the cancer) but then it turns out that youre dehydrated and your calcium levels are high and when thats corrected suddenly you feel much better... im not looking to stay in ketosis anymore...it was just something I felt was the most prudent thing to do while I had to wait around for everything else.

and i will have to say something about orange juice.. IHOP uses Florida's Natural and Perkins uses Minute Maid.. When I drank 2 large Floridas Natural there was no ill effets.. but when I had 1.5 glasses of Minute Maid... it didnt take long for the sugar to put me into an insulin-like coma.. Floridas Natural claims to be freshly squeezed OJ and nothing else and although I never really believed that 100% I can definitely say its a completely better food product and must not contain those "flavor packs" that all the other OJ brands use which is basically just sugar and artificial color to make the OJ look like OJ (its never on the ingredient label because its considered a 'process' and not an 'ingredient".. Normally I get locally freshly squeezed raw OJ for $5/quart.. but they dont do it year round)

well this message seems to be getting quite long but just for future reference I dont think Ill be arguing too much about this kind of stuff.. if I do it can only happen after I learn to properly disconnect emotion and stress from the conversation... stress was definitely a trigger for the cancer and while I dont blame our arguments this is just something I need to learn to do for myself for all discussions.. especially political ones...

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know you gotta go with your gut, but I have to say this: One of the few things DonnaY and I agree on is that cancer and sugar is a bad combination.
    Oh I understand that totally but once treatments start you have to look at it another way.... Theres no doubt that denying sugar to the cancer (and animal protein) stops the cancerous growth in its tracks..

But when time for chemo comes you have to realize that chemo attacks fast growing cells.. therefore slowing down the growth of the cancer seems to be counter-productive.

regardless of your outlook on chemo/rad, I would take a curcumin supplement or medicinal dose of tumeric daily

https://www.google.com/search?q=curc...cer&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.newportnaturalhealth.com/...d-oral-cancer/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    regardless of your outlook on chemo/rad, I would take a curcumin supplement or medicinal dose of tumeric daily

https://www.google.com/search?q=curc...cer&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.newportnaturalhealth.com/...d-oral-cancer/
    ive taken so much turmeric over the last couple months i coulda choked on it... everybody said you have to take 2 tbsp daily which doesnt seem possible. the best I could was 2 teaspoons... either way ill check with my chemo dr on what she thinks... and since shes Indian at least she should be familiar with the spice.

tumeric is only 5% curcumin by weight; so supplementation would be much easier

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Prayers for a full recovery

It seems like your doctors are looking out for you. Get well soon and come back to the forum, there is a political debating chair with your name on it

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ~Bump~

Hope CC is doing well.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-01-2016 at 06:18 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'm sorry I missed this.

Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.
    Thank you so much for sharing the medical angles/strategies and your body's reactions, it means a lot.

I've got an uncle who had to deal with chemo, a terrible thing to go through, but chemo worked for him.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 06-30-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I just saw this as well....from one CC to another, prayers for a speedy recovery. Let us know how you're doing!

Instead of slurpees and milk shakes I would rather see you making smoothies with all the "super foods you an pack into them like blue berries, high grade spirilina or blue green algae (just not for the Pacific ocean) they taste great too and will keep you healthy while going thru chemo and afterwards.

My favorite recipie:
    In blender cup add:
    1 banana
    handful blue berries
    1teaspoon spirilina or blue green algae powder(some people add more)
    1 teaspoon MACA powder(I really like the taste of this stuff but it is very expensive so I try to keep it at 1 teaspoon but, when I have more money I use more than a teaspoon)
    1 teaspoon turmeric
    handful of acia berries
    couple ice cubes
    fill with almond or coconut milk
    blend until smooth drink it all. Sometimes I also add tahinni (sesame butter) pineapple, fresh carrot juice or whatever I have in the way of fruits. IMO the pineapple and banana taste really good with coconut milk. Also juicing is very good for your health. Organic cabbage, apple and carrot juice are awesome. Cabbage juice is very healing to the digestive mucosa so I drink it often. Also homemade sauerkraut is very good for killing cancer. It is very easy to make and there are lots of recipes for it online.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers please take very good care of yourself.

I don't have any medical advice. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and hope you get well soon.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't have any medical advice. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and hope you get well soon.

I appreciate that Susie... Really thanks to everybody for the warm wishes and thoughts and prayers..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast