Thread: Trump only exists because hand-wringing liberals and bullying feminists made us all sick of PC

Trump only exists because hand-wringing liberals and bullying feminists made us all sick of PC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rals-and-bull/

28 MAY 2016

I’ll put my cards on the table. I am an unreconstructed woman who grieves at the passing of the "wolf whistle" era. I shout out loud if a man stands up or rushes to open the door for me. I literally pine for compliments from men. To be told that I looked beautiful or that my outfit was sexy would keep me on a high for weeks.

But feminism has seen off these simple joys, dragging us into its dreary and oppressive world - for both sexes - where terrorised men are too afraid to compliment a woman on how she looks.

That’s until Donald Trump stepped up and out into a political territory where angels normally fear to tread. The Trump phenomenon came as an unexpected smack right between the eyes of the sisterhood.

Back in August, when Fox News host Megyn Kelly, confronted him head on over his attitude towards women he did the unthinkable: he fought sexism with more sexism. “Honestly, Megyn, if you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’ve been very nice to you, even though I don’t have to be given the way you treat me, but I wouldn’t do that.”

But she did. Effectively she and her sisters screamed you can’t do this, you can't personally evaluate women or call them fat or slobs or ask them to put on a bikini!

Sorry Megyn and friends, but he did and he can. Straight after his Fox interview, Trump went on Twitter and called her a bimbo. And I am sorry if I offend anyone, but it made me laugh.

The sisterhood say that he is terrifying – and they certainly seem to be terrified. Here’s a man who refuses to play their game. Even worse, he’s in line to be the next President of the United States.

They must be wondering where it all went wrong. Why isn’t he applying a political filter to his "sexism" as every other self-respecting, modern man has learnt to do? Instead, before them stands a man happy to judge a beauty pageant and comment on female employees’ weight.

Coarse and crude some of this may be, but the truth is he is a creature of the feminists’ own self-righteous making. Their reaction to him has exposed a fair dose of their hypocrisy.

His behaviour with women in private doesn't matter because what he does in public tells us everything, Rosa Prince commented recently, following the reported revelations of his former girlfriends. If that’s what’s on public record, just imagine what goes on behind closed doors, she said.

Like Ann Coulter I prefer fact to speculation. Who should we be complaining about – the man who says rude or offensive things in public when provoked by feminist pieties or the man who carries out abusive acts in private?

Donald Trump is right not to have time for total political correctness. The feminists might disapprove of what he says, but they should also be defending his right to say it.

His bravura defiance of current gender orthodoxies to which no disagreement is ever brooked gets my vote. Donald’s broken every taboo in the modern rule book – good for him.

If that’s his appeal – to dare to say what other people only dare to think – then my stony faced sisters can only blame themselves.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cultural leftists caricatured normal people.

Normal people got sick of it and decided to embrace the caricature.

That's more or less what Trumpdom is.

Of course, this is no kind of meaningful rebellion, and accomplishes absolutely nothing other than making everyone concerned look retarded.

I shout out loud if a man stands up or rushes to open the door for me. I literally pine for compliments from men. To be told that I looked beautiful or that my outfit was sexy would keep me on a high for weeks.
    I wonder what it is about the author of this piece that keeps these things from happening to her. Men open the door for me all the time, and I still receive many compliments from men even at my *ahem* age. She must be doing something wrong.

He's a likeable person and works in a respected profession.

Do people honestly think dudes with dildos up their ass like Paul Ryan or Romney are likeable?

He talks to people like they get the gist of the policy, not some douche bag arrogance.

He also attacked dinosaur professions and dinosaur industries.

Do you think anyone cares that Chuck Grassley runs miles and Gary Johnson climbed a big mountain.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

I do feel a little twinge of Ha HA when I think about what a Trump presidency would do to the femanazi mind set.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I do feel a little twinge of Ha HA when I think about what a Trump presidency would do to the femanazi mind set.
    or the sanctuary cities - http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

He'll only embolden feminism and political correctness, he won't deter it or move the needle. The country will move further to the left because of Trump.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    He'll only embolden feminism and political correctness, he won't deter it or move the needle. The country will move further to the left because of Trump.
    I'm pretty sure it would have moved further to the left anyway. That seems to be the trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, he has actually been around since mid 1946. <shrug>