Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Gary Johnson Throw out AP's pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    It's stupid to create problems when your main opponent is literally conceding to you and saying he will help you in any way he can.
    ...except by not calling you out in front of reporters from the Washington Post, evidently.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It doesn't matter.
    Lol, the word needs to mean something.
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...except by not calling you out in front of reporters from the Washington Post, evidently.
    But he needed to be called out. Weld was a bad choice.

Have you seen Austin's concession speech? He said he fully supported Johnson, but not his VP pick.

He endorsed him.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yeah, like the word Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I give up.

Keep writing in Ron Paul or whatever you plan to do.

Watch what happens.

It won't be a freer country.

It's extremely stupid to airing intra-party squabbles in front of the media.
    Then he shouldn't have insulted someone who just conceded and endorsed him.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, like the word Republican.
    "small government"
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Not me.

But what a great way to keep the LP in the news cycle or circulating on social media for the next few days! It has everything: two competing candidates, drama, a gun... Trump and Hillary have their media $#@!storms; Gary needs something to keep him newsworthy, and this could provide some media attention. If this wasn't orchestrated by someone, it should have been.
    Is this actually getting reported by some news outlet whose audience includes nonlibertarians?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Tell that to homeland while they have you stripped naked and have a gloved hand up your butt. No way I would travel with that thing.
    It's easy to fly with a gun. Just pack it in checked baggage and declare it. Especially if it's a replica. Better yet, replicas can be shipped, say back to a campaign office in New Mexico?

I give up.

Keep writing in Ron Paul or whatever you plan to do.

Watch what happens.

It won't be a freer country.
    It's been made pretty clear now that neither would electing Gary Johnson provide us with a freer country.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because dude trashing your prized possession is supposed to mean nothing.

I hate AP, but if anything he showed remarkable restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That is so assholish as to defy reason. From a purely pragmatic standpoint why are you going to throw away 30% of your LP support? I couldn't believe it, but the evidence in this thread is pretty compelling that it's true. I don't care as much about the flintlock as the horrific personality flaw this reveals. There is some kind of narcissistic disorder there count on it. This when taken with an anti-gun VP? Really?

Fk the LP. They had their chance this year and they blew it.
    BIG TIME.

Because dude trashing your prized possession is supposed to mean nothing.

I hate AP, but if anything he showed remarkable restraint.
    What the AP delegates are saying on FB is that he made no comment for the sake of party unity.

I assume he will have to come out with a statement soon however.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

It's easy to fly with a gun. Just pack it in checked baggage and declare it. Especially if it's a replica. Better yet, replicas can be shipped, say back to a campaign office in New Mexico?
    I don't trust the TSA at all. I personally would want to be rid of that too. I have no idea of GJ's actual reason, just a theory.

It's been made pretty clear now that neither would electing Gary Johnson provide us with a freer country.
    I don't think anyone here actually thinks GJ will be elected. It's more about advancing a viable third party. I like the idea of another party option with automatic 50 state ballot access and matching funds.

I don't trust the TSA at all. I personally would want to be rid of that too. I have no idea of GJ's actual reason, just a theory.

I don't think anyone here actually thinks GJ will be elected. It's more about advancing a viable third party. I like the idea of another party option with automatic 50 state ballot access and matching funds.
    And if we sacrifice principle to get there, what is the point?

RON PAUL

Brother, I am the king of not trusting the TSA. You are failing to understand how bureaucracy works. Declaring a replica pistol in one of your checked bags is the best way to ensure nothing gets stolen, because they put a higher level of surveillance and tracking on such bags, and TSA thieves go for low hanging fruit. Back when I occasionally contended with live rats I carried and declared an air pistol in my toolbag and it was almost as good as carrying insurance since they tracked my toolbag like a hawk.

If a third party wants my vote, then they will not nominate people who offend my most fundamental political principles.

If this is the kind of schlep the LP is going to nominate, then why in the everlasting duck would I want to advance these lunatics?

And if we sacrifice principle to get there, what is the point?
    You have to give a little I think. You'll never find a candidate that you agree with all the time. Some of the posters have have impossibly nuanced stances and will never be satisfied.

I don't agree with GJ on everything. But he's a good honest guy who means well and will at least move things in the right direction by using his credibility towards having a viable third party.

You have to give a little I think. You'll never find a candidate that you agree with all the time. Some of the posters have have impossibly nuanced stances and will never be satisfied.

I don't agree with GJ on everything. But he's a good honest guy who means well and will at least move things in the right direction by using his credibility towards having a viable third party.
    Give a little? I'd have to give almost everything I believe in to support this turkey. lol no.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More evidence from an AP Supporter at the convention:

https://www.facebook.com/ialivefree/...c_location=ufi

RON PAUL

More evidence from an AP Supporter at the convention:

https://www.facebook.com/ialivefree/...c_location=ufi
    Isn't that the guy who was pushing some multi level marketing diet drink on here a few years back? Please correct me if I am wrong.

A. That's nonsense. There are issues other than gay cakes, on most of which Gary would be an enormous improvement over the status quo.

B. No one's talking about electing Gary. This isn't about electing Gary. This is about getting press for libertarianism.

If the LP ticket had been Glen Bradley and Derrick Grayson I'd be all in. Now THAT would be a 20% ticket. Easily.

A. That's nonsense.
    Only if you don't give a rat's damn about anyone else's liberty but your own.

There are issues other than gay cakes,
    You mean like the critical balance of federal and state powers?

Which balance Johnson will take even more catastrophically off-kilter than it already is?

on most of which Gary would be an enormous improvement over the status quo.
    On stuff YOU like maybe. Certainly not on the stuff I like.

B. No one's talking about electing Gary. This isn't about electing Gary. This is about getting press for libertarianism.
    All the more reason NOT to nominate a ticket that's worse on liberty than the HilldaTrump.

Yeah, writing in RP is getting even easier.

I'll sleep well on election night.

Gunny is right, it was a douche move.

If Gary Johnson does well, the LP will get matching funds and automatic ballot access in all 50 states. That's huge. So then, in 2020, the delegates are free to elect a purer Libertarian candidate, like Austin Petersen. He is only 35, so I guess he'll be around next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujan View Post
    If Gary Johnson does well, the LP will get matching funds and automatic ballot access in all 50 states. That's huge. So then, in 2020, the delegates are free to elect a purer Libertarian candidate, like Austin Petersen. He is only 35, so I guess he'll be around next time.
    So I am supposed to abandon my every principle in a quest to obtain federal funds?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So I am supposed to abandon my every principle in a quest to obtain federal funds?
    There are differences between Gary and Austin, but I don't see a big difference. I get it why Austin endorsed Gary, because Austin probably wants to run again in 2020, but then with a war chest and automatic ballot access, assuming Gary won't run again (which I think he won't). Could be a landslide victory for Austin. He is only 35, so he could be the prime Libertarian candidate for years, if not decades, to come.

On stuff YOU like maybe. Certainly not on the stuff I like.
    You don't like cutting federal spending? Ending the wars? Repealing the PATRIOT Act?

...to name a few of his many solidly libertarian positions.

All the more reason NOT to nominate a ticket that's worse on liberty than the HilldaTrump.

That's the craziest thing I've heard all day.

...and I've spent a good part of the day dealing with Trumpkins.

You know what the LP should do to get attention? Start a reality show. Seriously, this is straight out of one of those shows on the E! network.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

No $#@!. I wasn't about to vote for Trump for "strategic" purposes, I'll be damned if I vote for Johnson/Weld for the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast