View Poll Results: Should the LNC stripper have his membership suspended?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%

Thread: James Weeks II's LP Convention Strip Tease

James Weeks II's LP Convention Strip Tease

Should he be punished, or is the fact that he won't ever be taken seriously again in LP affairs punishment enough? I go with the second option, but others differ in thinking that he could hurt Libertarian campaigns across the board.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand the LP is the party of tolerance and all. But they are starting to be taken seriously now with two governors on the ticket. Maybe the fat stripper dude should have at least been taken off camera?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Freedom of expression.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

I thought the name sounded familiar. He's from my area.

Sigh.

highlight of todays proceedings

Yes

If the goal is to $#@! around with your libertarian friends, have a poker night, and you can behave as outlandishly as you please.

But if the goal is to change the government of this country, cut this stupid $#@! out and act like people voters might want to vote for.

Still less embarrassing than nominating Weld.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Does the LP have any published code of conduct or similar rules? This is all I can find and I didn't see anything about conduct:
    http://www.lp.org/files/2014_LP_Byla...4_JC_Rules.pdf

So perhaps that could help set expectations in the future.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Does the LP have any published code of conduct or similar rules? This is all I can find and I didn't see anything about conduct:
    http://www.lp.org/files/2014_LP_Byla...4_JC_Rules.pdf

So perhaps that could help set expectations in the future.
    Don't TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

That is the LP standard.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

I think he is safe because no, gasp, penis was displayed. Everybody knows that would have evoked a police state response even.

In my opinion, things like this don't affect the whole party any more than GOP delegates hiring hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    I think he is safe because no, gasp, penis was displayed. Everybody knows that would have evoked a police state response even.

In my opinion, things like this don't affect the whole party any more than GOP delegates hiring hookers.
    Bad optics nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    ^^^ This.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelatc again.

This election is so depressing.

God is either testing us, or playing a joke on us (and laughing his ass off).
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Just because libertarians support everyone's right to be an idiot doesn't mean you are obligated to be an idiot yourself. Some libertarians seem to not understand that basic part of living amongst other people.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And no, he should not have his membership suspended. He is indicative of the direction the Libertarians have taken, and people with consciences and deeply held religious convictions have a right to make an informed decision.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi