Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilbert Creator Scott Adams "Why Trump Will Win"

Dilbert Creator Scott Adams "Why Trump Will Win"

I was watching Bill Maher the other day interviewing Scott Adams who said Trump wins in a landslide because he is using powerful semi-hypnotic techniques.
    Now I watch Bill Maher because I want to see what the opposition is coming up with, and he has this guy on saying that, and he is exposing Trump and at the same time saying he can't be stopped. So I researched this a little and found this video.

He called this back in early October of 2015.

Very fascinating and explains many things, and if it's all true, Trump is way smarter than anybody is giving him credit, because of all the politicians that ever ran in any democracy, nobody has tried this before, or if they did the failed badly. I hate to say it but the closest populist with this much sway over people in the last 100 years has to be Hitler and that comparison is scary. The difference is Trump has no empire expansionism in mind. If Hitler would have not set up death camps and kept within Germany's borders he would have been great for his country because he did make Germany great again. But of coarse he went way too far once he had absolute power, just shows you how that corrupts a person at every level.
    But Trump can't go too far because he has a Congress and the Senate that can stop him, as well as the supreme court if need be.
    But in America if you go too far off the rails their will be massive protests in the streets, and that is a curb as well.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 05-29-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ignore the whole "smash" title. Trump media manipulation techniques are explained here:

Is he really that smart or is he just instinctual?

And if it works then why on Earth aren't our candidates doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

The other question is why are you not doing it? why am I not doing it? why does it have to be used only in politics? Imagine the kind of money you can be making, the number of chicks you could be banging with the ability to manipulate weak minded people. You can even sell them an expensive real estate education program that teaches them nothing and they will shower you with money they don't even have.

LP candidates need to get on these techniques ASAP

Trump is practiced and that makes it instinctual, slick, reflexive.

The Wizard of Oz - The Music Man with a capital T, and that stands for Trump!

I'm stunned by it all. He's a MSM manipulation, vote wizard extraordinaire.

Wish he was Liberty focused. We don't need a crafty tyrant
    but I do see the appeal of the "benevolent dictator"... lol

I don't want to see culture wars, birthrate bs, or Sharia law here.
    Preventing WW3 is also pretty high on my wish list.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-29-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Donald is the ultimate pick up artist

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Geminis are bright, quick and sharp. The reported Trump IQ is 156.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Operant conditioning! Obama was vague about his plans. Trump has out sophist the Neocons.

I think Trump could have been beaten by someone with a more compelling vision for people to grasp and equal rhetorical skills. No one came close except for Bernie who pied pipered the kids to the Democrat party. Trump had it easy because all the other candidates were somewhat scripted and were saying what they were told to say. He faced predictable robots (every last one of them) that were sucking up to power (he made fun of them for it and how easy they could be bought off) which he did not have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    Donald is the ultimate pick up artist
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Except for when that player is playing your daughter, sister or something you hold dear to your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Our candidates, you and I are not Jedis, which is what it takes to manipulate the weak minded. Darth Trump joined the Dark Side long ago and has command of those Jedi mind tricks, and takes great joy in utilizing them.

The idea behind libertarianism is not to manipulate weak minds, but rather to strengthen them so that they do not fear liberty. Trump works in a direction quite opposite to that. He manipulates the weak minded to fear unbridled liberty - and sells himself as the decent, wise, and benevolent power elite who can bridle the liberty of "those others: the thugs, opportunists and parasites," whose liberties he's taught you to fear.
    You make way too much sense for me to respond. But I'll just add this for the people who think Rand or anyone for that matter could have just switched gears to mimic or copy in any meaningful way what Trump is doing. For one, a lot of it comes from his personality and celebrity that he has developed the past 30 plus yrs, another part being the boost he is getting from the media and the other being the weaselly rhetoric. Someone else would do exactly what he is doing right now to a tee(or even customize this behaviour to his personality) but he/she would most likely fail without the background to support that kind of behaviour. So lets face it, an educated, well spoken, calm, rational, eye surgeon from Kentucky is not compatible with that Trump style and were Rand to have tried to do a Trump impression, he too would have failed.

Lastly, I did not see Trump ascension coming because I did not listen to Scott Adams who said
    “You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.”
    I for sure won't make that mistake again and that includes betting on the general public ever doing he right thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Geminis are bright, quick and sharp. The reported Trump IQ is 156.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton
    Collectivist thinking. I assure you, everyone born between May 21-June 21 is not "bright, quick and sharp." And I wouldn't expect Trump to say is IQ is less than the genius threshold. His ego wouldn't allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Collectivist thinking. I assure you, everyone born between May 21-June 21 is not "bright, quick and sharp." And I wouldn't expect Trump to say is IQ is less than the genius threshold. His ego wouldn't allow that.

You gotta see this

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Correct, but when you run into one that is, you shouldn't really be any too surprised. Sun sign influence is the single largest factor, but is usually only just about 35%. <shrug>

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My primary concern with the Donald is that this "grassroots" swell of support is nothing more than yet another product of grand manipulation. I fully expect he is going turn around and $#@! us in every hole God gave us, and then create a few new ones and $#@! us in those as well.

That said, it's not worse than that which Hillary or Bernie would do, so I say if we're going to go out, let us do so with some style in having placed an apparent (note APPARENT) outsider into the Office. After all, who can blame the good American if he had been fooled... yet again? Civil disobedience lies outside the envelope of proper social prerogative, not to mention non-equivocating physicality. But at least we will all be able to look ourselves in the mirror and say we did the absolute best we could, given the choices.

That's the ticket.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    This country is doomed
    Your gift of belaboring the obvious is supreme.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

You gotta see this
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Correct, but when you run into one that is, you shouldn't really be any too surprised. Sun sign influence is the single largest factor, but is usually only just about 35%. <shrug>
    seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Very fascinating and explains many things, and if it's all true, Trump is way smarter than anybody is giving him credit, because of all the politicians that ever ran in any democracy, nobody has tried this before, or if they did the failed badly. I hate to say it but the closest populist with this much sway over people in the last 100 years has to be Hitler and that comparison is scary....
    It's called populism, and people have been doing it for thousands of years. Here are some of the more famous American populists:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump IQ is 156.
    Here are some quotes to mediate on in this area

There is a fine line between brilliance and insanity-Various versions
    “No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.”
    ― Aristotle
    “When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."― Jonathan Swift
    “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
    ― Bruce Feirstein
    “A genius is someone who takes a complex thing and makes it look simple. An academic does the opposite.― Robert Fanney”
    This is why any Democrat or Republican, or pundit who wants to delve into policy, comes off as academic in 2016, and no matter how eloquent their argument is, they lose against Trump.

“The only geniuses produced by the chaos of society are those who do something about it. Chaos breeds geniuses. It offers a man something to be a genius about.”
    ― B.F. Skinner, Walden Two
    Trump has gone on about this since that interview with Oprah in 1988

all men of genius are insane....all sane people are idiots.
    “Incredibly intelligent people always seem odd to those who are not as sharp.”
    ― Alexei Maxim Russell
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Trump learned about populist techniques in college, and with Roy Cohn he practiced them:

How Joseph McCarthy henchman Roy Cohn became Donald Trump’s mentor
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know you are just thinly veling Trump promotion, so I will grace you with a quote of my own. Trump is a cross between a Nigerian scammer and a infomercial. He is a huckster and maybe, just maybe our country's self serving interest has finally manifested itself into a brand, and we will eat ourselves.

This is why any Democrat or Republican, or pundit who wants to delve into policy, comes off as academic in 2016, and no matter how eloquent their argument is, they lose against Trump.

Trump has gone on about this since that interview with Oprah in 1988
    "Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." -- Albert Einstein

Hitler was also said to have used the same techniques.

http://www.hypnosisblacksecrets.com/...ypnosis/hitler
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The other question is why are you not doing it? why am I not doing it? why does it have to be used only in politics? Imagine the kind of money you can be making, the number of chicks you could be banging with the ability to manipulate weak minded people. You can even sell them an expensive real estate education program that teaches them nothing and they will shower you with money they don't even have.
    I have done a lot of sales in my life and have found that being a little corny and stumbling over a few words in a pitch works with many people. I do most of my work over the phone calling people who have never seen me. I find men to be a little easier for me to sell because they make some kind of visualization because my voice sounds a little up beat with a very subtle flirty air and keep my words targeted on closing the sale and it works for me. I am the queen of cold calling and writing scripts for phone sales. I am glad I saw the video in the op it gave me some sharp ideas.

Lol, Moist Robots for Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

IDK, maybe Liberty isn't important enough to people who are susceptible to that kind of bs. One thing is for sure, if one doesn't believe government is the answer, one wouldn't fall for Trump's rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast