JONES WINS ‘FISCAL HERO’ AWARD

May 26, 2016

Washington, DC – Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC-3) has won the ‘Fiscal Hero’ award from Campaign to Fix the Debt, a nonpartisan organization focused on putting America on a better fiscal and economic path. The Fiscal Hero award is given to lawmakers who distinguished themselves by casting fiscally responsible votes and pushing their party leaders to make addressing the debt a priority during the 114th Congress.

“It is an honor to be recognized for my work to fight wasteful spending and reign in the debt. America is over $19 trillion in debt, and the big spenders in Washington continue to fail the American people by passing legislation that increases it,” said Congressman Jones. “I am the only member of Congress to vote against every increase in the debt limit for the past twelve years, and I have voted against more spending bills over that time than all but one of my Republican colleagues. American can’t continue to borrow from the Chinese and leave our kids and grandkids with the tab. We’ve got to have the courage to start cutting spending, and we’ve got to do it now.”

“Rep. Jones has worked through a variety of channels to draw attention and find solutions to the nation’s fiscal challenges,” said Maya MacGuineas, Head of the Campaign to Fix the Debt. “While many lawmakers have chosen to bury their heads when it comes to these issues, Rep. Jones has shown courage and leadership and has been willing to stand up for what is right for the country - even when it’s not easy to do so.”

“The longer we wait, the more severe and difficult the choices will be to fix the debt,” MacGuineas continued. “Yet very few Members of Congress take this problem seriously. Those who do, like Rep. Jones, deserve our thanks and praise.”

For more information on Congressman Jones’ record on cutting America’s debt, click here.

Maya MacGuineas, Head of the Campaign to Fix the Debt, presents Congressman Jones with the Fiscal Hero award below:

http://jones.house.gov/press-release...E2%80%99-award