Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump suggests U.S. should bomb Libya

Trump suggests U.S. should bomb Libya

Another one's Trump Suggestion..

Donald Trump on Friday suggested that the United States should bomb ISIS in Libya, a decision that would mark a serious escalation of the U.S. military campaign against the terrorist group. It's also a new position for Trump, who has argued both in favor of and against military intervention in Libya over the past five years.
    "ISIS has the oil. And then you say if ISIS has the oil, why aren't we blockading so they can't sell it? Why aren't we bombing the hell out of --" Trump said, stopping short as he pivoted to slamming President Barack Obama as "grossly incompetent."

So much for being a none interventionist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Well if they have oil, then invading them only makes sense
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"ISIS has the oil. And then you say if ISIS has the oil, why aren't we blockading so they can't sell it? Why aren't we bombing the hell out of --" Trump said, stopping short as he pivoted to slamming President Barack Obama as "grossly incompetent."
    Oil is the reason we are in the ME in the first place. It's the reason we try to make Iran the enemy, when it has complied with international law and Israel has not.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Another one's Trump Suggestion..

So much for being a non-interventionist.
    Who thinks that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Well if they have oil, then invading them only makes sense
    He's gonna make them pay for the oil wells.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Who thinks that?
    Alex Jones and some Anti War folks.... MSM

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Who thinks that?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Western-Front
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Alex Jones and some Anti War folks.... MSM
    Yeah, I know...I was sort of being sarcastic.

Time to bring back a gif I often used WRT Romney...

The Neocons have nothing to worry about if Hillary loses the election.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski allowed presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to falsely claim he opposed the 2003 Iraq War and 2011 military intervention in Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Oil is the reason we are in the ME in the first place. It's the reason we try to make Iran the enemy, when it has complied with international law and Israel has not.
    We have plenty of oil outside of the ME, and we can do business there for oil. I think the military meddling has more to do with weaking any possible threat to Israel and the dollar.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    We have plenty of oil outside of the ME, and we can do business there for oil. I think the military meddling has more to do with weaking any possible threat to Israel and the dollar.
    Ever read about the 1953 Brit and US coup in Iran to depose the democratically elected PM, because he wanted to give the country's oil back to the people instead of Big Oil owning it.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ever read about the 1953 Brit and US coup in Iran to depose the democratically elected PM, because he wanted to give the country's oil back to the people instead of Big Oil owning it.
    Fair point. But supporting Saddam when he was weakening himself and Iran, then later attacking him, I think our policy was to see no military power able to challenge Israel. Even Ron Paul supported Israel's attack on Iraq's nuclear power plant the '80s.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Fair point. But supporting Saddam when he was weakening himself and Iran, then later attacking him, I think our policy was to see no military power able to challenge Israel. Even Ron Paul supported Israel's attack on Iraq's nuclear power plant the '80s.
    I agree with you're POV on the policy; I don't agree with support for Israel who did not conform to the NPT, even if it's RP.
    There is no spoon.

Actually, it's the neocons and western powers that want to bomb Libya. I think Trump would be satisfied with letting Russia knock the crap out of ISIS and its western supply lines all the way back to the nations supplying ISIS. Hillary would definitely bomb Libya for the purpose of ousting Assad.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliPsy View Post
    Actually, it's the neocons and western powers that want to bomb Libya. I think Trump would be satisfied with letting Russia knock the crap out of ISIS and its western supply lines all the way back to the nations supplying ISIS. Hillary would definitely bomb Libya for the purpose of ousting Assad.
    Good thing that we have better information to go off of other than.
    I think
    We have proof of Trump wanting to Bomb Libya, from the horses mouth.

I agree with you're POV on the policy; I don't agree with support for Israel who did not conform to the NPT, even if it's RP.
    I wonder if Ron Paul has changed his mind about that attack.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Not really an answer or relevant. Has he ever stated that he changed his mind about the attack?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Not really an answer or relevant. Has he ever stated that he changed his mind about the attack?
    Did I miss where he addressed the bombing by Israel of Iraq's power plant?.

A neg rep for my post:

05-28-2016 10:28 PM
    Wilf
    Thread: Trump suggests U.S. should bomb Libya
    "Stop being political correct, Smitty"
    I am now "Smitty"?

Which guidelines did you break there, Wifi?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its hard to believe that ISIS grew from Al Qaeda in Iraq to the monster it is today thanks to American bombing and Trump wants to bomb them more. Its worked so well for the group thus far.

Did I miss where he addressed the bombing by Israel of Iraq's power plant?.

A neg rep for my post:

I am now "Smitty"?

Which guidelines did you break there, Wifi?
    Maybe, I should report you, Social Justice Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    Maybe, I should report you, Social Justice Warrior?
    Yes, report me, where did RP mention the attack on Iraq's power plant in that interview?

What evidence will you present to Bryan than I am Smitty?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yes, report me, where did RP mention the attack on Iraq's power plant in that interview?
    I though that you were smarter than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    I though that you were smarter than this?
    Can you elaborate?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Why don't you care to elaborate?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast