Thread: Sanders clashes with California radio hosts in interview

Sanders clashes with California radio hosts in interview

Bernie Sanders got into a heated back-and-forth with two California radio hosts Thursday when they questioned him about his public service.

Sanders called out the hosts of the "John and Ken" show on KFI radio for interrupting him several times before abruptly ending the interview.
    The interview, first reported by Buzzfeed, began with one of the hosts quizzing Sanders on his experience with creating jobs.

"I'm not really clear on what kind of jobs you've had, besides Senator," the host said.

Sanders responded that he served in the House and was mayor of Burlington, Vt., for eight years.

"Yeah, but have you ever not been paid by taxpayers?" the host asked.

"All right, look, if you don’t like government, my friend, that’s fine. I’m proud of the record I’ve established as a mayor, making Burlington, Vermont, one of the more beautiful small cities in America, proud of my record in the House, proud of my record in the United States Senate. You don’t like government? That’s your point of view. I am proud of what I have accomplished," Sanders responded in the interview.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ia-radio-hosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a genuine piece of $#@! he is.........

The quickest way to spot a ne'er-do-well is to see if you get an angry reaction when asking them if they've ever had a real job. In Sanders' case, it's about as blatant as can be.

Like a radio host is a real job

I do not understand Sanders. Sometimes he is very lucid and rational. Other times he runs right off the rails.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I do not understand Sanders. Sometimes he is very lucid and rational. Other times he runs right off the rails.
    Lucid or not an entire life made living off taxpayers is shameful..........

No matter who we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Lucid or not an entire life made living off taxpayers is shameful..........

No matter who we're discussing.
    This ^^^

Damn, still outta rep for tod evans.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    This ^^^

Damn, still outta rep for tod evans.
    I'm not trying to defend Sanders but, if the amount of money that Sanders has taken from tax payers was a teaspoon Trump and Clinton would be oceans.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I'm not trying to defend Sanders but, if the amount of money that Sanders has taken from tax payers was a teaspoon Trump and Clinton would be oceans.
    Trump hasn't help public office and, yeah, Clinton is a bigger welfare queen than Sanders, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Like a radio host is a real job
    Well, there is the little part about FCC laws that bring some anti-competition to the table, but in another sense they are not forcing anybody to listen to them, the radio station collects money from advertisers and the radio station chose them to be broadcast to get the most viewers and collect the ad revenue - so in that sense it is a real job. People who actually make stuff and perform services that you would consider "real jobs" find entertainment in listening to their show and support their sponsors.

Bernie Sanders gets his income from forced redistribution, that's not a real job.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump hasn't help public office and, yeah, Clinton is a bigger welfare queen than Sanders, so what?
    Please, he supports big government policies, supported the bail outs and when he has shown his taxes it showed he paid nothing, his name is all over the panama papers. When the government spends money it takes it from us not him.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well, there is the little part about FCC laws that bring some anti-competition to the table, but in another sense they are not forcing anybody to listen to them, the radio station collects money from advertisers and the radio station chose them to be broadcast to get the most viewers and collect the ad revenue - so in that sense it is a real job. People who actually make stuff and perform services that you would consider "real jobs" find entertainment in listening to their show and support their sponsors.

Bernie Sanders gets his income from forced redistribution, that's not a real job.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Please, he supports big government policies, supported the bail outs and when he has shown his taxes it showed he paid nothing, his name is all over the panama papers. When the government spends money it takes it from us not him.
    And more yep.
    There is no spoon.

Please, he supports big government policies, supported the bail outs and
    So what? A lot of people do/did. He didn't make it law, though.

when he has shown his taxes it showed he paid nothing
    Not a negative for me. I try to get out paying taxes, too.

, his name is all over the panama papers.
    Still not a negative. I am, however, concerned with the politicians whose names are all over the panama papers.

When the government spends money it takes it from us not him.
    That's not his fault.

I'm not a Trump fan but I'm not going to bash the guy for not paying taxes.

So what? A lot of people do/did. He didn't make it law, though.

Not a negative for me. I try to get out paying taxes, too.

Still not a negative. I am, however, concerned with the politicians whose names are all over the panama papers.

That's not his fault.

I'm not a Trump fan but I'm not going to bash the guy for not paying taxes.
    It's not his fault he is a celebrity, the pinnacle our society where we almost reach type 1. He uses his voice to advocate for Iraq, Iran, Libya, Money Printing, Bailouts. You don't think he knows what he is doing? He knows exactly what he is doing.

It's not his fault he is a celebrity, the pinnacle our society where we almost reach type 1. He uses his voice to advocate for Iraq, Iran, Libya, Money Printing, Bailouts. You don't think he knows what he is doing? He knows exactly what he is doing.
    I understand that and I don't like him BUT I'm not going to bash the guy for not paying taxes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand that and I don't like him BUT I'm not going to bash the guy for not paying taxes.
    No its not the same, its not the same. Its like going to the bar and not ordering something and not wanting to pay anything versus Trump who goes to the bar and orders up a huge tab and then makes everyone else at the bar divide up the costs and pay it off.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What a genuine piece of $#@! he is.........
    Sanders may be wrong on most things but at least he's not a typical career politician. You have to at least give him that.

All right, look, if you don’t like government, my friend, that’s fine. I’m proud of the record I’ve established as a mayor, making Burlington, Vermont,
    He does have a point there. I think. He likes government, he's quite open about that... He'd probably like it if everyone worked for the government so at least he's consistent about that ?

Not a reason to even consider voting for him but he's certainly not your typical corrupt tyrant. He's funny to watch at times too.
    "I am a bird"

No its not the same, its not the same. Its like going to the bar and not ordering something and not wanting to pay anything versus Trump who goes to the bar and orders up a huge tab and then makes everyone else at the bar divide up the costs and pay it off.
    I get that. He's an $#@!. A lot of people do that (most, I'd wager), btw, but I still put the blame on 99.99% of the politicians who make the laws and spend the money. If Turnip ever gets elected, he will move from my $#@! list to my welfare queen $#@! bag list. Until then, I don't fault any private citizen or business for doing anything they can to get out of paying taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Sanders may be wrong on most things but at least he's not a typical career politician. You have to at least give him that.

He does have a point there. I think. He likes government, he's quite open about that... He'd probably like it if everyone worked for the government so at least he's consistent about that ?

Not a reason to even consider voting for him but he's certainly not your typical corrupt tyrant. He's funny to watch at times too.
    Pretty much my POV on Sanders.
    There is no spoon.

When the Sanders supporters are willing to work for nothing, then they might start showing some principle.