Thread: Why don't we seek to get Rand Paul nominated at the convention?

Why don't we seek to get Rand Paul nominated at the convention?

What do we have to lose?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great idea. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Great idea. Why not?
    Donald Trump isn't even trying to stop us. How would call it rigged.

They would have to change the nomination rules. With Trump clinching, they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They would have to change the nomination rules. With Trump clinching, they don't have to.
    You are a coward!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Great idea. Why not?
    Cruz and the Trump campaign took turns calling Rand an establishment candidate. He hasn't to this day gained back all of his credibility there. I don't think Rand is done with presidential politics, but he won't get to inherit his fathers coalition of supporters unless we "get to know him".

I don't mean an educational program to teach us how about limited government, I mean something that teaches people who Rand is. Not something in a book, I'm talking like his live streaming, Reddit AMAS, stuff he doesn't like to do because to him it seems inauthentic but to most people its the only way of "getting to know him".

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Donald Trump isn't even trying to stop us. How would call it rigged.
    Trump would call us establishment for "betraying" him, or blame us for losing. Rand has nothing to gain until he is proven right, and Trump loses.

Why don't we seek to get Rand Paul nominated at the convention?
    Because it's impossible at this point, Trump has a majority of pledged delegates.

If you want to do something productive this cycle, support the LP.

...and what's the deal with you promoting Trump all over the forum and then suggesting this?

...makes no sense.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Because it's impossible at this point, Trump has a majority of pledged delegates.

If you want to do something productive this cycle, support the LP.

...and what's the deal with you promoting Trump all over the forum and then suggesting this?

...makes no sense.
    I don't know what you mean. I never said I would vote for Donald Trump.
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-27-2016 at 10:54 PM.

I don't know what you mean. I never said I would vote for Donald Trump.
    I didn't say you said you would vote for him.

I said you've been promoting him all over the forum, and for a long time, which is true.

You obviously like him quite a bit as a candidate, even if you're not voting for him for some reason.

...and it's incomprehensible that anyone could like both Trump and Rand, hence my perplexity.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-27-2016 at 10:58 PM.

I didn't say you said you would vote for him.

I said you've been promoting him all over the forum, and for a long time, which is true.

You obviously like him quite a bit as a candidate, even if you're not voting for him for some reason.
    No I wasn't. I was playing the devil's advocate.
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-27-2016 at 11:03 PM.

No I wasn't. I was playing the devil's advocate.
    No, you clearly weren't.

No, you clearly weren't.
    Yes I was not promoting him. What is it you are getting at here? Do you want to me to day I was trolling in that I enjoy getting a rise out of people? I was playing the devil's advocate.
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-27-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Yes I was not promoting him. What is it you are getting at here? Do you want to me to day I was trolling in that I enjoy getting a rise out of people? I was playing the devil's advocate.
    Yes, promotion of Donald Trump surely IS advocating for the devil.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    what about VP?
    He's said he doesn't want any part of that. Plus, the GOP is going to have a hell of a problem keeping the Senate majority, they can't afford to give up a safe GOP seat.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'd be more likely to get the LP candidate to the required 15% in polls to be allowed in the general debates. You'd have accomplished much more by doing so as well, as opposed to wasting time doing something that Rand wouldn't even want.